Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
OneZeroOneUK

Re: Toilets

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:38 pm

BLC wrote:Plus, who decided to remove the ones to the right of the main stage? They were in an ideal place last year. I know there were urinals for us gents, but that doesn't exactly help the ladies at all. It just made things a hundred times easier when you're not really planning to move from that stage all day.

Those toilets were moved due to queues interfering with the crowd and for the fact that they were very overused; causing unsanitary conditions close to food stalls. Personally, I'm glad they moved; I'm sure those who fell over in the piss/mud puddle at Soni '09 would agree.

PilotCTR

Postby PilotCTR » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:Did they have the thing set to In Use?

Yeah the ones she opened said in use but they were not. It seems the locks were closed when the door was opened so the doors seemed just about shut but the lock said closed.
I'd rather be flying....
Pilot CTR..
(Neil)

lock and key

Postby lock and key » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:43 pm

toilets were clean enough and only one i went in didn't have bog roll, although i will say that i didn't use them monday morning out of fear of the state that they were going to be in. my only grumble like alot of people is that there simply weren't enough of them. correct me if i'm wrong but i only saw 9 in the whole of red camp site :?

Keirico

Postby Keirico » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Better than last year, I swear there were more toilets per person this year? Well they smelled better and every one I used had plenty of hand sanitiser, I always take my own loo roll just incase because there's never any in them. Heard a dude in the toilet next to me talking to himself, saying he needed to shave his balls, made me laugh it did :lol:
last.fm Just wacking my brothers and my own FMC codes in here so we don't forget them for next year 1k919074, 1k919075

blaze_bird

Postby blaze_bird » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 pm

I thought they were awful on the Sunday teatime (no loo roll and no sanitiser). Only just managed not to puke. I did expect them to be bad though. Any chance of some female only ones?

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:43 pm

PilotCTR wrote:Can we have bog wardens ? :D

give me a anti-chemical suit and gasmask, and pay me about £20 an hour, and I'll do it - nobody sane would want to do this without that :P the smell was just horrific in the evenings / nights.
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Mobsceneqt

Postby Mobsceneqt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 pm

More bog roll would of been nice!
But overall not bad at all
Las Vegas 2013 <3

Tweet

Postby Tweet » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 am

Was in family camping. Toilets were fine till the final day. Although in the morning there was a massive queue ... so could have done with more i think. But overall i think they were ok. Oh but i still think in the main arena area you would do with more since there were always massive queues there as well.
PLEEEEEEEEASE use my FMC code ... if you do it will put a massive smile on my face :D 1k910332 thanks :D

bigbro64

Postby bigbro64 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:23 am

All in all better than I was expecting - the block at the far end of Blue 3 held up pretty well thanks to the regular tanker visits.

Would agree there could have been more around the campsite(s) as a whole judging by the queues that built up mid morning on Sat/Sun the closer you got to the arena.

cocainehero88

Postby cocainehero88 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 am

cath0306 wrote:
cocainehero88 wrote:I was in Red 1 (I think) - near the St Johns ambulance tent and the trees) There were 9 cubicles in this campsite, nine cubicles and thousands of people.

Please give us more toilets next year.

Also, couldn't find the showers, my girlfriend moaned all weekend about her hair.

None the less, awesome weekend - see you next year :D

My mate and I were by the St Johns ambulance tent near the trees (were you one of the ones that stood their ground when security tried to move us on the thursday night :D ) and yeah I noticed only 9 loos for whole of that area of camping, we ended up trekking to the arena just to use the loos in the morning !!!

We didn't get there until about 11pm on the thursday night :( at that point security had gone home so we just camped wherever we saw fit :D
Yeah we didn't bother with our toilets either, we used the ones just outside the festival entrance, they were untouched!
That one lone portaloo by the st johns tent was hell haha!
Upcoming Joy:
June 1st - End of BSc Biomedical Science year 2 :D
June 14th - Clutch - Pontypridd now, because Millenium Music Hall are rubbish!!!
June 16th-18th - Beer and Cider Festival - Cardiff
July 7th-10th - Sonisphere 2011

mackie

Postby mackie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 am

Miss_Blitzkrieg wrote:I definitely can't complain about the toilets, I've definitely seen worse.

Plus, the she-wee was pretty useful except for when I forgot to lock the door and gave some poor bloke a scare :)

Was this in toilets in the guest area on the last night? I which case that might have been me! Sorry!

jonnyscash

Postby jonnyscash » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 am

Not enough of the feckers, but all the ones i used were clean.

Also could you not get a screen for some of the urinals, i mean you encourage kids to come and you have urinals in plain view of everyone. also the overflowing at the main stage was disgusting and as a result of being like that for 2 days, people started pissing all over the fence.

HearMeNow

Postby HearMeNow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Not enough urinals, so the queues for the bogs were way too long due to geezers queuing just to take a piss.

Who will till the soil of these barren black remains?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:15 am

No issues with toilets. The wall mounted urinals near the main stage were a great idea to stop wall pee-ers. Arena and camping toilets seemed clean enough most of the time, and pretty well maintained. In fact think VIP ones were a fair bit dirtier at times, so maybe maintain the VIP ones a bit more thoroughly? Not any overflowing/flooding like last year that I saw, so good work there. Other than that, for a festival the toilets were more than adequate. Good work! :mrgreen:

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:50 am

Having been to places where the loos are overflowing by the second day, I'd have to say that the facilities were very well maintained overall. The urinals were a queue breaking wonder, although a few signs showing where they were wouldn't go amiss.

I encountered several males who were waiting to pee in a cubicle who didn't know the green privacy fences disguised almost instant bladder relief. Would've helped those females without 'she-wees' who had to wait behind the males wanting a quick 'hit-and-miss'.
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Oneballpete

Postby Oneballpete » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Got to be honest i have few issues with the loos, generally they were cleanish, well stocked with bog roll and sanitiser.
Agree there could have been more though.

On the subject of portaloos, why don't the organisers have a chat with the organisers of Graspop. The toilets there are proper loo blocks, plumbed into the water supply and yet still are only temporary things. They are far and away the best festival loos i've ever used and would be a blessing at a UK fest.
A little south of sanity... otherwise known as Dorset

ever

Postby ever » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 pm

pulpquango wrote:Now I know why the mil surplus vendor was offering gas masks and anti chemical warfare suits....

LMFAO, I could have done with them them to walk past the exit on the last night. Is it a thought-out plan to put portaloos by the exit in order to make people leave faster?

£3 POSH FLUSHING LOOS WITH BASINS IN THE ARENA NEXT YEAR PLEASE.

hellinacell

Postby hellinacell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Could have done with more toilets as I had to queue in quite long queues every time i needed to go. Also the position of the toilets meant that people walking between stages were obstructed by the queue for the toilets. Overall cleanliness was very good in comparison with other festivals I have been to. :music-rockon:

sfug

Postby sfug » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:02 pm

The toilets need cleaning more often, the ones in RR were especially bad with gooseberry and piss everywhere by mid-to-late afternoon. Having more of them would help, too as would having more showers with hot water.

ever

Postby ever » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 pm

sfug wrote:The toilets need cleaning more often, the ones in RR were especially bad with gooseberry and piss everywhere by mid-to-late afternoon.

The REAL reason people wear wellies at festivals ;)

xNightmaresNeverEndx

Postby xNightmaresNeverEndx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 pm

First fest, and overall very impressed by the cleanliness of toilets as I have heard many horror stories!
Quite glad I didn't book for bloodstock though, as taking to people before Fear Factory, heard that the atompshere and toilets are a lot worse! But hey, you put up with it.
Glad I had my lil' bum bag with andrex travel toilet paper and alcohol gel for hands- many people used it too, definately worth it, and it saved paper for the next person.
Only had to run out of one cubical due to horrendous smell, and couldn't pee between pendulum and maiden as queues were far too long, and i was far too tired from pendulum pit to walk back to campsite, but oh well. Having 2 sisters and one bathroom whilst growing up has prepared me well!
Thankyou to the cleaners- I wouldn't do your job even if paid £20 an hour and kitted out as in above post- you are truly remarkable people, and made the whole experience a lot better!

Return to “2010 Feedback”