Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Jart

Re: Toilets

Postby Jart » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm

The RR bogs were a travesty.

What a rip off, "rock royalty" my *rse. Festering ordure and overflowing bins with bits of tampon spilling out.

Shame there isn't a vomiting smilie to demonstrate my response.

Wonko The Sane

Postby Wonko The Sane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Definitely nowhere near enough in the arena, unless there were other blocks that I didn't see. Don't remember the last time I saw such long queues for toilets at a festival. They seemed pretty well maintained and cleaned though.

Agree with the comment above about Rock Royalty toilets - not cleaned/maintained to anything like the standard they should have been. A lot of them were pretty much unusable by Sunday.

mike20070

Postby mike20070 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:04 am

Good and clean, plenty in the arena and the urinals were great.

Not enough in the campsite.
Make the last few days go away already

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:08 am

Luxury loos; best £3 I spent all weekend. :bow-yellow:

Just one thing, have them open on the Monday morning too!!!
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Digitalvoid

Postby Digitalvoid » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:59 am

I was massively suprised by the toilets. They were always going to smell a bit bad... but they're the best fest toilets I've witnessed yet. There did need to be alot more though.

I only used the ones in the camp though, I don't know about arena loos.

Gag

Postby Gag » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I thought the mens troughs to the side of main stage was a brillinat idea. It stopped the blokes (most of them) from peeing against the fence and genrating that nasty festival wiff. Enjoyed watching a woman use them too.

BlackGarden

Postby BlackGarden » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Toilets were generally pretty clean in the arena and (normal) campsite. Only had one all weekend that made me gag when I went in there and honestly I think that was the bloke that went in before me. He could've said something :|

Was quite impressed by the fact that they were available to use (and clean!) on Monday morning, as I understand the toilets at the bottom of blue 3 had been more horizontal than intended on Sunday night. Maybe the ones in the campsite could have been in bigger, more difficult to tip blocks...?

cath0306

Postby cath0306 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 pm

cocainehero88 wrote:I was in Red 1 (I think) - near the St Johns ambulance tent and the trees) There were 9 cubicles in this campsite, nine cubicles and thousands of people.

Please give us more toilets next year.

Also, couldn't find the showers, my girlfriend moaned all weekend about her hair.

None the less, awesome weekend - see you next year :D

My mate and I were by the St Johns ambulance tent near the trees (were you one of the ones that stood their ground when security tried to move us on the thursday night :D ) and yeah I noticed only 9 loos for whole of that area of camping, we ended up trekking to the arena just to use the loos in the morning !!!

loveli

Postby loveli » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 pm

I have a very weak gag reflex to bad smells, and surprisingly I only threw up once because of the smell in one of the cubicles the whole weekend! I really thought that for festival toilets, they weren't too bad. Even the queues went down quite quickly. The hand sanitiser and tissues I kept in my bag all weekend were a godsend mind!

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 pm

was reasonably impressed with the toilets.

one thing that might be helpful would be a map of the camping area and where the toilets are in the cmaping area. (if that makes sense).

i was wandering through tents at 5am to go for a pee and there might have been toilets closer to me or easier to get to.

:?

i found it quite funny that the rock royalty ones in the bar area were more yucky than the ones in the campsite. cheered me up a fair bit.

:P

did they give up patroling the toilets in the camps on sunday morning?? no loo roll or hand sanitiser in most of the loos i tried. (not being fussy. just an observation).

:)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

pulpquango

Postby pulpquango » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Now I know why the mil surplus vendor was offering gas masks and anti chemical warfare suits....

BLC

Postby BLC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Well, festival toilets aren't exactly known for their cleanliness, so can't really expect much in that regard. They were generally far better than I expected, both this year and last year. But please stick some more in the camp sites! There were nowhere near enough!

Plus, who decided to remove the ones to the right of the main stage? They were in an ideal place last year. I know there were urinals for us gents, but that doesn't exactly help the ladies at all. It just made things a hundred times easier when you're not really planning to move from that stage all day.

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:00 pm

can't moan about them - they were satisfactory, and decent for a festival.

though - if you are over 6foot tall, my god it was cramped in there if you sat down to take a gooseberry - knees under your chin anyone?
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:02 pm

SELL SHE WEES NEXT YEAR like Reading does, queuing up to pee sucks
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Phate

Postby Phate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Thought there could have been more in the arena but generally the only issue was the smell later in the day!

Oh and for one person I seen can you put a toilet in the Bowtime bar's beer garden? Apparently the ones just past the bloodstock truck were way too far away so he just had to piss on the artificial grass, manky barsteward!!
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

dfb1999

Postby dfb1999 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Absolutely fine. I'm normally very picky about where I use the toilet, but I was fine in these portaloos. The only problem was that a LOT of them were clogged up on Sunday night and Monday morning.

Luxury Loos, which we camped close too, were amazing, friendly staff and the bogs in there were better than the one in my house. Well worth the £3.

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Toilets were OK, wifey complained that there should be women only ones, though, as us boys like to sprinkle.

Comfy Crappers were a disappointment for what they charged but I have to give them credit for letting kids use them for free. And they had Friendly staff.

No overflowing urinals this year which was a big plus!

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm

fatperson wrote:Toilets were OK, wifey complained that there should be women only ones, though, as us boys like to sprinkle.

Comfy Crappers were a disappointment for what they charged but I have to give them credit for letting kids use them for free. And they had Friendly staff.

No overflowing urinals this year which was a big plus!

I thought guys would just pee in urinals :? if I was a guy I would take that as a welcome break from portaloos :lol: which brings me back to SELL SHE WEES!
Sexual Style-Rampant

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Aren toilets were pretty much impressive, RR bar toilets were fab but there could've been a few more, RR campsite toilets were horrendous!
Image Image

Cazzy

Postby Cazzy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Toilets were better placed than last year and imo alot better. No leaks either! :P
Please use FMC Code 1k934556 when purchasing your ticket - It's appreciated!

urbansickness

Postby urbansickness » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote: which brings me back to SELL SHE WEES!

they were, the stall next to the cosy camper had she wee's for sale
For all photographers or urban explorers use my FMC code :) 1k964248

Image Image

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 pm

urbansickness wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote: which brings me back to SELL SHE WEES!

they were, the stall next to the cosy camper had she wee's for sale

Oh shag :( I went looking around but couldn't see anyone selling any
Sexual Style-Rampant

PilotCTR

Postby PilotCTR » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 pm

What made me laugh about the cubical bogs in the campsite was that many seem to be empty. There was a huge queue after everyone had come back from the arena. A girl came out the end cubical and walked round all of them and opened and found at least 8 of 20 empty!!!

Can we have bog wardens ? :D
I'd rather be flying....
Pilot CTR..
(Neil)

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 pm

PilotCTR wrote:What made me laugh about the cubical bogs in the campsite was that many seem to be empty. There was a huge queue after everyone had come back from the arena. A girl came out the end cubical and walked round all of them and opened and found at least 8 of 20 empty!!!

Can we have bog wardens ? :D

Did they have the thing set to In Use?
Sexual Style-Rampant

jamblob

Postby jamblob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 pm

The urinals left of the Apollo stage were hilarious. They were just a 6 inch pool of piss. The toilets were kept pretty clean, the were horrible on the night but by morning when they got drained they were ok. Not enough, though.

Return to “2010 Feedback”