Bohemia Area

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Bohemia Area

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:09 am

:?:

mooseyb

Re: Bohemia Area

Postby mooseyb » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:31 am

Loved it. Bar was great, the stage was too, and the comedians were quality. Never heard of Jim Jeffries before, but I'll be seeing him again definitely!

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 pm

I missed the tunes :( the only bad thing about soni 2010 for me. There wasn't a monster type dj like last year. i know we had the DJs on the strongbow stage but one, it was 2 small. and two they didnt play any toons. they did themed night. I did not here holy diver once!

Move the late night bands to strongbow and jager, DJs and comady in the bohemia tent
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

They can't have late night bands on Jager I suspect because it's open air

musicmaker29

Postby musicmaker29 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm

good lighting and stage but the sound was bad in the Bohemia tent.......
Gimme music that isn't middle of the road u mother!

http://www.myspace.com/silentresistance

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 pm

musicmaker29 wrote:good lighting and stage but the sound was bad in the Bohemia tent.......

Really? All the bands I saw in there sounded good. In fact I only had problems with Apollo.
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

musicmaker29

Postby musicmaker29 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Harby wrote:
musicmaker29 wrote:good lighting and stage but the sound was bad in the Bohemia tent.......

Really? All the bands I saw in there sounded good. In fact I only had problems with Apollo.

Maybe I was just unlucky :S The acts I saw on there were Katatonia (sounded mushy and indistinct), Tim Minchin (couldn't tell what he was saying and piano clunky, loud and over-bass-ey) and Therapy? (power went twice and really low bass levels).

I suppose in fairness that's not many bands to judge the whole stage on, but I did hope it would be better - main stage was really good!
Gimme music that isn't middle of the road u mother!

http://www.myspace.com/silentresistance

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah I thought the sound was pretty bad, especially for any talking I couldn't hear the stand-up's at all and I tried standing dead center and off to the side just didnt work. My other problem would be the stage, its so tiny it either needs to be set back a little or opened up a bit because only people straight ahead can see anything at all and obviously without screens it can be disappointing.
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

HellsWench

Postby HellsWench » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Missed the 'chill out' area from last year with the white picket fence and bean bags, could have easily fitted in where the Bloodstock truck was parked all weekend. But other than that it was great.

Please use my FMC code when booking your tix 1k989117

Matt7626

Postby Matt7626 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm

First time there, thought that it was really good.

In the stage when i was in there it was all great sound.

If my bohemia your including the market then there was a brilliant cheap "loud clothing" store and a few others and i thought they were good.

randomgirl666

Postby randomgirl666 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:48 pm

I thought it was too small a venue for some of the bands playing - there were plenty of people who wanted to see Therapy? and Terrorvision who couldn't get in. Given that they were the last bands playing on their respective days (excepting a couple at small stages), a lot of people wanted to see them and they would have had a lot more spectators if there'd been a room.

Also, the stage could have done with being higher. I'm not particularly short, but even quite close to the stage it was impossible to see much (tall people: go to the back!)

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 pm

layout was a whole heap better than last year.

appeared a lot more spacious so even in the "crush"after rammstein and maiden with people wanting to leave, you didn't feel squashed. (if that makes sense).

the bar in bohemia was a fantastic idea. saves people having to go outside.

one thing i did thing was great was that the securtiy in bohemia were passing out cups of water. (i don't know if they did this at the mainstages or not). this was a brilliant idea due to the heat build-up in the tent.

:)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

cocainehero88

Postby cocainehero88 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 am

Powercuts during Therapy? were annoying, they burst onto stage ripping into the song "Knives" sending me into ecstasy, and then the power fails :( It did make the gig all that little bit special when it was sorted after the third attempt.

80's Matchbox B-line Disaster were awesome there last night, nice and intimate, all the "big fans" were there, awesome.

Shame there weren't any other bands I wanted to see in Bohemia as it's a great venue!
Upcoming Joy:
June 1st - End of BSc Biomedical Science year 2 :D
June 14th - Clutch - Pontypridd now, because Millenium Music Hall are rubbish!!!
June 16th-18th - Beer and Cider Festival - Cardiff
July 7th-10th - Sonisphere 2011

Psymonkee

Postby Psymonkee » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 am

Decent enough layout but the tent needs to be bigger and have additional means of ventilation where possible (open up extra sides/fans) as it got really rather uncomfortable/crowded during the comedy especially.

Didn't catch Therapy? or Renegades but I understand they were equally packed - obviously they can't play outdoors due to the restrictions but something needs to be sorted :)

metaltony

Postby metaltony » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Was a great venue,bar was good,it did seem a bit small for some of the bands,Evile and Sick of it all, where the highlights for me,there seemed a lot of people smoking,some where asked to stop,but lots just carried on, :? and it was near the guest area,wgich i had a ticket for,so handy for the toilets :)

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 pm

on a side note, when i went in on the friday i think it was might have been saturday, they had a screen to the right of the stage which was showing the name of the artist and some flashy lighty stuff.

could we not have a screen above the stage or something with the actual band/performer/whatever being shown on it.

would have helped me and a heap of people around me when tim minchin was on.

:)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Plenty of room, airflow was a lot better this year with more exit points.

Needs a screen outside, preferably where the bottle exchange was
FMC Code - 1k949287

ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE

Postby ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Loved Bohemia - seemed to be around it quite a lot, except on Saturday wanted to see several bands - but unfortunately got a bad migraine and could not go into it.
Iron Maiden Sonisphere 2010
Iron Maiden Download 2013

metaltony

Postby metaltony » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 pm

The person with a flag pole with a Lidl bag on it,made me chuckle quality,but far to many idiots throwing cups full of drink.

Spooner

Postby Spooner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Too small.
Too many people have missed out on bands so often becuase it is full.
I felt the need to leave the headline bands early just to get in for Therapy and Terrorvision.

Other than that, loved the bar.
Please use this FMC code if you get the chance. 1k937748

HearMeNow

Postby HearMeNow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Needs to be bigger.
Saw Sylosis, Evile, Rise To Remain, Corey Taylor and Enforcer, sound was very good for all.

Who will till the soil of these barren black remains?

Alien8n

Postby Alien8n » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Definitely needs to be bigger, missed Tim Minchin because it was so packed. Managed to see Sean Hughes, but that was only because it wasn't as packed (still pretty full though).

The power cuts at the start of Therapy? were quite amusing, I swear they thought everyone was about to kick off after the 2nd one. Have to say I was well impressed at how restrained everyone was, but they could have done more to explain what had gone wrong.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 am

Maybe make the Bohemia bar a bit bigger? It was fairly busy at times, or even just add another.

More cash machines? The two vans were usually pretty busy and queued out - doesn't help that it takes like 5 minutes to read your card. In saying that though, there was a third/fourth cash point up besides Red bull stage that was always a lot quieter because it was fairly hidden, maybe it needs to be sign posted a bit better to help lessen queues?

No other complaints though, everything else was tops :mrgreen:

Psymonkee

Postby Psymonkee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 am

Good point with the cash machines!

there were 2 in close proximity to each other by the Bohemia tent & bar, then the 2 dumped together by the dodgems.

Nothing in the main arena at all - surely a van with cash machines could be parked in between a couple of food stalls?

the_skezz

Postby the_skezz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 pm

randomgirl666 wrote:I thought it was too small a venue for some of the bands playing - there were plenty of people who wanted to see Therapy? and Terrorvision who couldn't get in. Given that they were the last bands playing on their respective days (excepting a couple at small stages), a lot of people wanted to see them and they would have had a lot more spectators if there'd been a room.

Also, the stage could have done with being higher. I'm not particularly short, but even quite close to the stage it was impossible to see much (tall people: go to the back!)

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really regret not being able to see Therapy, but couldn't be dealing with standing outside for all of it and not being able to see the band.

Return to “2010 Feedback”