Disabled Feedback

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
kipper64

Re: Disabled Feedback

Postby kipper64 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:09 am

Guys, the feedback has been given and everything so there isn't much use in discussing this much further. Clearly both sides of the argument have pretty different view points on things (and I can see valid points from both!), but the important thing is at the end of the day, feedback was given and I'm sure Sonisphere will work their hardest to learn from that and make the festival great for everyone next year.

I don't want to lock the topic, but if the arguing continues I might have to, don't want people getting worked up!

Cheers

becci27

Postby becci27 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:02 am

Baines wrote:
kipper64 wrote:Guys, the feedback has been given and everything so there isn't much use in discussing this much further. Clearly both sides of the argument have pretty different view points on things (and I can see valid points from both!), but the important thing is at the end of the day, feedback was given and I'm sure Sonisphere will work their hardest to learn from that and make the festival great for everyone next year.

I don't want to lock the topic, but if the arguing continues I might have to, don't want people getting worked up!

Cheers

Lock it tight.

[Removed by Mod Team]

:roll:
My FMC is lonely. Please use it when buying your ticket- 1k959556

FUZZCHOPZ

Postby FUZZCHOPZ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Zac wrote:Hi guys

Just to say that we are aware of the issues that you had this year and I am sorry that some of you had reduced enjoyment because of them. Our team worked really hard to overcome what could be done during the weekend and we have noted everything else for next year.

I do just want to comment on the over-crowding and being asked to take your cars out because of that. Unfortunately whilst we did know how many people booked in advance, we were put on the back foot by the sheer number of people needing access to the disabled facilities who did not let us know about that until they arrived at the site. We were also astonished at how big tents have now got. I am sorry that these two things led to it being squashed in there and to the toilet provision being inadequate. For next year we are intending to give marked out pitches which we will give you the dimension of in advance. This pitch will be for a car and a tent and if it will not be big enough then you can let us know. That way we can be better prepared for what you are bringing.

We will also be keeping our fingers crossed that everyone who needs these facilities tells us in advance!

Yes you have got the pitchsize fairly small even for the size tents you had last year the size should be at 8m x 6m because their is no way you will get 90% of the tents with a car from 2010 camp into 5m x 5m. Not when the average disabled freindly tent is 6-7m x 2.5-3m in size & your average car is 3m x 2m you could even go by campervan field pitchsize that Download use which is 8m x 8m. Why not extend the disabled camp to the little statue part that was in the normal camp that would solve your space problem & protect the statue area at the same time.& also give you an overflow area for misbooked tickets as well.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 pm

8m by 8m!!!

That's bigger than my house!!!

FUZZCHOPZ

Postby FUZZCHOPZ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

The pitch has to accomdate a tent & car & have a small bit of room for access.
To be honest alot of the cars used by disabled wheelchair users are on the larger size to accomadate said wheelchair. You will see alot of estates, 4x4's & adapted vans which take up alot of space if parked next to your tent so the pitch is not only for your tent but a motor vechile as well which is important for use for storage of stuff as last year their was theft from tents of medication because alot of us were told to move our cars from beside our tents to accomdate extra people who had incorrectly booked their tickets in the first place which in turn made the camp very disabled unfriendly where these extra people were crammed in.

Return to “2010 Feedback”