VIP/Guest Camping

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Fluffmeister

Re: VIP/Guest Camping

Postby Fluffmeister » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 pm

PS - comment above

I really do think we can fight the corporate machine against Trading Standards rules - they are in breach of many statements in the T&C's.

Is Triaxis available to comment?

rentawitch

Postby rentawitch » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 pm

I had a fabulous weekend and I was very lucky to camp with great people who found me a wonderful space. But the loos were getting really rank. Parking near the tent and the RR bar were excellent but a bit more attention to the loos and showers must happen.

Agree. T and Cs Fluff - Get trading standards on it!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Wonko The Sane wrote:I find that funny. I wonder if it's worth considering that a breach of advertising standards.
Nope, not in the slightest (as far as I am aware, I've had experience in this field)

I was lucky enough to be in guest camping and I had not one issue all weekend apart from security not checking enough. Other than that, I fail to see what the issues were that people were experiencing. I guess I must have either been lucky or oblivious.

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 pm

rockgeek wrote:I guess I must have either been lucky or oblivious.

This I presume.

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 pm

rockgeek wrote:
Wonko The Sane wrote:I find that funny. I wonder if it's worth considering that a breach of advertising standards.
Nope, not in the slightest (as far as I am aware, I've had experience in this field)

I was lucky enough to be in guest camping and I had not one issue all weekend apart from security not checking enough. Other than that, I fail to see what the issues were that people were experiencing. I guess I must have either been lucky or oblivious.

Or you pee standing up & dont have to use the cubicles :mrgreen:
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 pm

BangBang!! wrote:

This I presume.
Turns out I wasn't :shock:

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 pm

rockgeek wrote:
BangBang!! wrote:

This I presume.
Turns out I wasn't :shock:

You aren't exactly impartial though. If people who paid a hell of a lot of money for RR and VIP are pointing out some areas of concern perhaps someone should listen. Hopefully the official organisers won't be so quick to arbitrarily dismiss them .

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm honest, it's all I can be

I can only speak for guest/media which for me, was spot on

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:02 pm

rockgeek wrote:I'm honest, it's all I can be

I can only speak for guest/media which for me, was spot on

I read your comment

"I fail to see what the issues were that people were experiencing"

as addressing RR and VIP.

If it was only for Guest then fair enough - I stand corrected. No personal ofence intended either way!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Kiss me now

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 pm

rockgeek wrote:Kiss me now

Saucy! A man lkes to be wooed.

Woo me now.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Dagnammit, I always pick the homosexuals... ah well, party on

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:15 am

rockgeek wrote:Dagnammit, I always pick the homosexuals... ah well, party on

I'm not but at my age you take a kiss when you can get it!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 am

I'm into animals only I'm afraid. Which reminds me, I need to see a man about a dog.

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:21 am

There's so many jokes I could make there. All of them filthy.

Hats off bro - good banter.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:22 am

As long as we stop at the hats ;)

I better call it a night with this slightly camp flirting anyway. Missus due home soon.

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:25 am

Mines not due back till Wednesday. Lmao

Cheers. :music-rockon:

trauts78

Postby trauts78 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 am

Same as previous posters, more toilets needed and need to be cleaned more often. Toilets were cleaner in the arena. Anyone going in after the missus probably had a clean toilet though as she took a bagful of cleaning products everytime. Still not sure how people can get a number 2 all over the underneath of the seat, amazing.

Also for the price think I will be taking my own tent next year as the pre pitched tents and airbeds were used and dirty, but least I got a bright orange sleeping bag out of it.

carlos fandango

Postby carlos fandango » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Stayed in a podpad in RR. Good people all around so no probs there.

Things I liked: the private bar, proximity to the arena, easy exit after maiden finished (though we were packed and ready to go), the lamb kebab in the bar.
Things I hated: the toilets, ugh. In the end we paid to use the comfy crappers in the arena. The showers, ugh. queue forever to run around in cold water among other peoples rubbish. The drinking water area, ugh. Half the taps didn't work and by Saturday lunch half the drains were blocked. Security was worse than a joke. 3 bored looking people who were completely uninterested.

FOR NEXT YEAR YOU NEED MORE TOILETS, MORE SHOWERS, AND SOME CLEANERS!!

doogle*

Postby doogle* » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 pm

I had own tent camping in RR and was generally a bit let-down considering the price.

The bad:
Checking in took waaaay to long - we queued for over half an hour
A big advantage was being able to park next to your tent. We left the site on Saturday to pick my son up so he could come up for the day and when we got back someone had pitched their tent in our car parking space :x When I complained to a steward he just said they had ran out of room which quite honestly is not good enough when it's billed as a feature of RR.
The toilets - oh my god, I knew they were going to be bad but seriously....
It was very clear from the shouted conversations going on outside our tent that there were stacks of non-VIP'ers that had been able to get in.

The good:
Backstage area was good
Loved how close it was to the main arenas

Would I go RR next year? Not sure, would have to see how the finances were!

Wonko The Sane

Postby Wonko The Sane » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:04 pm

rockgeek wrote:Also, need less idiots accusing me of breaking into my own tent and then calling the police

Now now - unless this happened more than once to you during this festival, you need to be a little more honest. It wasn't your tent (it wasn't even in the same campsite) and the police weren't "called", the 'idiot' alerted two nearby officers to the fact that he'd just seen off a couple of randoms entering a tent that wasn't theirs. You just had the misfortune to pass said officers during this conversation.

I also think deleting the forum posts where this was discussed was naughty and abusing your position here somewhat.

But thanks for the PMs explaining the situation.

nomadc22

Postby nomadc22 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:06 am

registering was a nightmare in comparison with last year - badly organised, long queue, staff stepping on each other in the portacabin, only one door in and out, and the goodie bag was rubbish (smaller and less stuff than last year) as was the t-shirt...

Issues with toilets, showers and security have been mentioned above, otherwise, I loved VIP as I did last year.
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

nomadc22

Postby nomadc22 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:09 am

Oh, and the lanyard thing i nthe goody bag was a win. :bow-yellow:
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

mooseyb

Postby mooseyb » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm

nomadc22 wrote:registering was a nightmare in comparison with last year - badly organised, long queue, staff stepping on each other in the portacabin, only one door in and out, and the goodie bag was rubbish (smaller and less stuff than last year) as was the t-shirt...

Issues with toilets, showers and security have been mentioned above, otherwise, I loved VIP as I did last year.

Exactly what you said. Showers - didn't bother due to queues (baby wipes are great), toilets were fairly rank, but the main gripe was security. I paid extra, therefore expect the campsite at least, if not the bar, to be just RR customers.

I'll do it again next year, but I fully trust that Zac and the team will have noticed the comments re showers/toilets and in particular security, and will be looking at this. It's a new festival. It takes time, but I'm sure they'll work on it. They will review the most common complaints and I'm sure will deal with them. I have faith.

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

mooseyb wrote: I paid extra, therefore expect the campsite at least, if not the bar, to be just RR customers.

Just wondering, have no knowledge of RR and all that but in this instance wouldn't some people be annoyed if they, for example, invited people with regular camping back to their tents? Surely if you are restricting access to rr to rr people then you would have to do the same for normal camping and then that would create a bit of a divide? Unless you can only go to the other camping areas if you are with someone with that camping band, again seems a little restrictive for a festival though. I gurss it is pretty hard to work out a balance
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

Return to “2010 Feedback”