Security

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Security

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 am

:?:

Harby

Re: Security

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 pm

They were a little bit more relaxed than last year I found. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

During Alice Cooper a woman collapsed, initially I thought it was that she was drunk but she didn't move so I ran to the front to ask someone to help. The whole thing totally put me off ever getting involved again. I showed security where she was, he then told me to grab the medics, I went back and the initial security guard that I had spoken to looked at me blankly, the medics when they did come smashed the gate into me for not real reason and I was generally looked at as though I was a waste of space when I tried to explain what happened.

I mean i didn't want a badge or anything but I didn't want a bruised stomach either. Seeing as the whole time we were being told to look after each other is seems strange that I would be treated with disdain when I did.
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Very very lax on checking people when they came in the campsite - not sure if it happened all the time. I reckon it needs to be tighter for next year

Also, police presence was good in the campsite - atmos always felt relaxed when we were walking through it
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Very mixed views on this. I didn't camp because I live locally. Each time I entered the site a different thing happened. One time I was checked to see if I was wearing a wristband. One time my bag was searched. One time I just walked straight through without anybody stopping me at all.
Then into the arena it was the same story except it was only on the sunday when they checked for wristbands and searched my bag.
Good points however were the police who knew where everything was and seemed very organised.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Only time we had to deal with them they were rude to me for asking a simple question when they were looking for someone. told me to shut the frakk up. Also pretty rude to another member of out camp.

Were the general stewards around the camp allowed to search though tents ect?
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Jasonisback wrote:Were the general stewards around the camp allowed to search though tents ect?
From what I understand, nope

I'll echo what others have said. Security checks were very lax. Whilst it was good for the people who just wanted a good time, it could have been worse if some ringnuts wanted to cause trouble. I got into the artist area (convinced myself I was in a band) but was asked to leave by security. No problems there - they even offered me a red bull :)

Apart from that, I personally found them all to be good.

esmeria

Postby esmeria » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Douches, pure and simple. The ones in front of Apollo were great, however others- not so.

I'd been invited backstage to meet Rammstein, and R+'s head of security confirmed to us at least twice that my friend (who he didn't have a spare wristband for) was fine to come through. He waved us through behind the stage, but then when we reached the first checkpoint, the guards were complete assholes. They refused to believe us, even though I did have a wristband and point blank refused to contact R+ head of security. One guy who was meant to be Rammstein's security (though he was just dressed like the rest of the guards, when R+'s guards were their own uniform) was the worst, he walked off shaking his head pretty much saying I was lying. When Peter walked up, they soon shut up and allowed us to go through. Repeatedly, this happened and Peter had to vouch for us- why no communication? Why not have a radio so the next set of jackasses are already in the know, without having to be accussed of lying each time?

I'm sure people do try and push their luck, but I clearly did have a wrist band and they only needed to use their brains and find out. And not be so damn insulting.

The band were wonderful, if you were wondering.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Douches? It doesn't look like they did anything wrong. Anyone could have tried what you did.

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:35 pm

That was the same with me last year with Heaven And Hell. I was a guest of theirs at the festival yet would never have got through to them if it wasn't for one of their techs happening to walk by and sort out the situation. Disappointing to here that this problem has happened to someone again. The problem definitely seems to be communication. Rather than just finding out security seem to take the approach that anyone who claims they have certain access must be lying when it would actually be quite easy to find out.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:37 pm

bodiesinflight57 wrote:Rather than just finding out security seem to take the approach that anyone who claims they have certain access must be lying when it would actually be quite easy to find out.
I'd take that attitude if I got always asked. It's a waste of their time and whoever they have to ask. That's just my opinion though.

Whoever says you can have access should be sorting it out, not you and not security

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

rockgeek wrote:
bodiesinflight57 wrote:Rather than just finding out security seem to take the approach that anyone who claims they have certain access must be lying when it would actually be quite easy to find out.
I'd take that attitude if I got always asked. It's a waste of their time and whoever they have to ask. That's just my opinion though.

Whoever says you can have access should be sorting it out, not you and not security

So what are people supposed to be doing? Bringing printouts of emails or something? All it would have taken is one security person communicating with one other person and it would have worked fine. Of course we did try contacting one of the guys with the band by phone but oddly enough he was quite busy preparing stuff for their set at the time. You can say it's a waste of security's time but there were three security people there, doing exactly the same job so what difference does it make if one of them goes and talks to someone else who's only a matter of 3/4 minutes away? You might just as well say that the three of them standing there doing the same job was a waste of time as well.

This is obviously just my opinion as well and I appreciate what you're saying but it's just rather frustrating. At the end of the day it was the first year of Sonisphere last year so I wasn't overly angry about it or anything, just a little annoyed. Shame it's happened to someone else this time though.

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:00 pm

To be fair I had to go across the whole site to the public box office to collect my writing team ticket and they were pretty good about it once I showed the email. They also let me go through Rock Royalty to go all the way back to get them tickets (we were originally told by the CoBo guy to go all the way through to the front, when actually the tickets were 2 mins to the right, FFFFFFFUUUUUU). But yeah, with the walking everywhere problem I had, they were pretty decent about it.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Yes, like I did which meant I got to where I was allowed without issue

I do appreciate what you're saying but at the end of the day, security did their job (as far as I am concerned, not sure what the official line is on this). They have to make 100% sure and not waste the time of people in bands

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Harby wrote:To be fair I had to go across the whole site to the public box office to collect my writing team ticket and they were pretty good about it once I showed the email. They also let me go through Rock Royalty to go all the way back to get them tickets (we were originally told by the CoBo guy to go all the way through to the front, when actually the tickets were 2 mins to the right, FFFFFFFUUUUUU). But yeah, with the walking everywhere problem I had, they were pretty decent about it.

You had a problem with your writing team ticket? Mine was just a weekend camping wristband, what did you get? :?

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 pm

bodiesinflight57 wrote:
Harby wrote:To be fair I had to go across the whole site to the public box office to collect my writing team ticket and they were pretty good about it once I showed the email. They also let me go through Rock Royalty to go all the way back to get them tickets (we were originally told by the CoBo guy to go all the way through to the front, when actually the tickets were 2 mins to the right, FFFFFFFUUUUUU). But yeah, with the walking everywhere problem I had, they were pretty decent about it.

You had a problem with your writing team ticket? Mine was just a weekend camping wristband, what did you get? :?

I got given a ticket but it wasn't a problem, they did have to check up though to make sure I actually did win, but it was the VIP ones I won with a GQ competition that was the real problem, just a lot of walking involved really.

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Harby wrote:
bodiesinflight57 wrote:

I got given a ticket but it wasn't a problem, they did have to check up though to make sure I actually did win, but it was the VIP ones I won with a GQ competition that was the real problem, just a lot of walking involved really.

Ah ok, so you basically had 2 tickets for yourself! :lol:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Load of shi­t. Absolute useless bunch of idiots.

They actually shut the info tent and went home when Erika told them just how frakking useless they were (I won't go into the drama that surrounded this because I'm sure there'll be a shitstorm elsewhere on the forum about it) but I've never seen a more incompetent unorganised load of mouth breathing idiots in my entire life, and I've been to the Reading festival.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 pm

bodiesinflight57 wrote:
Harby wrote:
bodiesinflight57 wrote:

Ah ok, so you basically had 2 tickets for yourself! :lol:

Yeah, plus the one I bought too! I gave the VIP to my Dad and his girlfriend though as it was there first fest and thought they'd like it more that way. Managed to get rid of all the tickets though so it worked out well. Very overcomplicated though :lol:

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:40 pm

King_Walnut wrote:Load of shi­t. Absolute useless bunch of idiots.

They actually shut the info tent and went home when Erika told them just how frakking useless they were (I won't go into the drama that surrounded this because I'm sure there'll be a shitstorm elsewhere on the forum about it) but I've never seen a more incompetent unorganised load of mouth breathing idiots in my entire life, and I've been to the Reading festival.
Constructive as ever

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 pm

rockgeek wrote:Constructive as ever

Being threatened with an offensive weapon = 3 stewards going and looking through one tent.

A small fire in our camp = 6 stewards and 6 police officers, one of which was on a horse.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:44 pm

That's better. Any numbers?

Situations like this, you need to get numbers and report them either to the info tents, police or on here so team soni can see

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:47 pm

So therefore - Bunch of incompetant unorganised idiots.

Though it's no surprise, I've never heard a positive review about any security at any festival. I assume it's the same company/people that provide the security team for all over the country.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm

King_Walnut wrote:So therefore - Bunch of incompetant unorganised idiots.
That's a massive generalisation as I find (only from personal experience) that 99% of the time, if you're not a bellend, you'll be fine.

I've never had any issue with security as I listen to them as do as they say. The 1% of them that are a law onto themselves are an issue and unless we/you/I get numbers, not much can be done

Frog_Princess

Postby Frog_Princess » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:00 pm

The information tent shut up shop and told me how gooseberry security were, as well as me telling them. They said that they were not prepared to stay open given how rubbish security were being.

Walnut was trying to sort out something the right way, rather than take matters into our own hands and it wasn't dealt with well. We went to them for support and got gooseberry back. Poor form, imo. Feedback on things like this needs to be given.
:animals-cow: 1k951689 :animals-cow:

Return to “2010 Feedback”