Other Sonispheres 2011

Going to one of the Sonisphere festivals happening elsewhere in Europe? Discuss lineups, travel plans, and who's going here
Fifi

Other Sonispheres 2011

Postby Fifi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Its too exciting .... i need the dates NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW so i can plan my summer of fun :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

McMenemy

Re: Other Sonispheres 2011

Postby McMenemy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Such an impatient young lady ;)

DIO

Postby DIO » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Im hoping for a Holland date so i can go to both the UK and Dutch one. My dad lives in Holland so every summer i head over there and we go to a festival :music-rockon: last year we went Graspop, the year before we went the Arrow Rock Festival

Baines

Postby Baines » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:58 am

McMenemy wrote:Such an impatient young lady ;)

There's nothing young about her
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

Angmar

Postby Angmar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:12 pm

DIO wrote:Im hoping for a Holland date so i can go to both the UK and Dutch one. My dad lives in Holland so every summer i head over there and we go to a festival :music-rockon: last year we went Graspop, the year before we went the Arrow Rock Festival

I don't want to shatter your hopes but Mojo (the main festival funder/organizer/whatever you call em in NL) shuts down metal festivals in Holland all together (very sad that 2008 was the last edition of Arrow Rock). So i very much doubt that there will be a Dutch Sonisphere. :)
(Btw, Graspop is in Belgium ;) )
O! I have lost my reputation! I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial.

DIO

Postby DIO » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Angmar wrote:
DIO wrote:Im hoping for a Holland date so i can go to both the UK and Dutch one. My dad lives in Holland so every summer i head over there and we go to a festival :music-rockon: last year we went Graspop, the year before we went the Arrow Rock Festival

I don't want to shatter your hopes but Mojo (the main festival funder/organizer/whatever you call em in NL) shuts down metal festivals in Holland all together (very sad that 2008 was the last edition of Arrow Rock). So i very much doubt that there will be a Dutch Sonisphere. :)
(Btw, Graspop is in Belgium ;) )

Yeah I know Graspop is in Belgium :) But where my dad lives its only 30 minutes away from Belgium so it doesnt take long to get there. Theres also stuff like Pinkpop and Fields of Rock. Looks like we arnt going to Soni NL next year then, perhapys we'll go Graspop again, Depending on the dates as I'm going to download next year :D

Angmar

Postby Angmar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 am

DIO wrote:
Yeah I know Graspop is in Belgium :) But where my dad lives its only 30 minutes away from Belgium so it doesnt take long to get there. Theres also stuff like Pinkpop and Fields of Rock. Looks like we arnt going to Soni NL next year then, perhapys we'll go Graspop again, Depending on the dates as I'm going to download next year :D

Ah right, cool :) Fields of Rock died a couple of years ago aswell.... Same reason why Arrow Rock Festival and Soni NL are dead too. Oh and Waldrock... :-x

For me it all depends on the headliners of Download and Soni. Otherwise i might try Rock Am Ring or WOA 8-)
O! I have lost my reputation! I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial.

DIO

Postby DIO » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Wackens a good shout, I'd love to go to that one day. Never really considered Rock am Ring but the lineup has always seemed to be consistent there. The thing that puts me off with Rock am Ring is the size of the crowd, its like half the crowd cant even see anything because they're thousands of rows back :lol:

einsiedler

Postby einsiedler » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Sonisphere Switzerland will be held on June 24th at a new festival site. New location and first headliners are confirmed and will be announced soon.

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Hey Einsiedler, this is icedearth from the parkrocker forums (Rock im Park)! How is it going?

Anyhow...

Looking forward to Sonisphere again this year. I have tickets for the one in France. Metallica can not come to Europe without me seeing them.

This will be my 3rd Sonisphere. I went to Sonisphere Germany back in 2009 and then I went to the Sonisphere in Czech in 2010. Both were a great time. Looking forward to seeing how good the French can put a Festival on.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

einsiedler

Postby einsiedler » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

Hey icedearth, sorry for answering that late, I didn't visit this thread for a long time :oops:
For me, this year's Sonisphere in Switzerland will also be my third after visiting both UK and Switzerland in 2010.

Return to “Other Sonisphere Festivals”