?? scottish soni

Going to one of the Sonisphere festivals happening elsewhere in Europe? Discuss lineups, travel plans, and who's going here
kazz

?? scottish soni

Postby kazz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 pm

i didn't know whether to put it in the other sonis bit so i figured kip or someone can move it.

anyways i am feeling nosey and wondering: basically, how would people feel if soni did like a mini-festival (like one day) in scotland somewhere.

i am not saying that they are going to or anything... i am just wondering if people would travel to it, go to both, or just opinions in general.

personally, i would love a mini-fest in scotland. (apparently dl has done it before and it was successful, but i didn't know that). i would still definately go to both and scotland's major cities have a bloody great nightlife.

:D
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

GearsCT

Re: ?? scottish soni

Postby GearsCT » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Would seem rather redundant, as we already have a UK date, and think about bigger countries like Finland who have people come all over there to congregate the one spot.

An Irish date would make more sense than a Scottish one.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Won't ever happen, SG said a while ago that he has no plans to do a Scottish one, as the Download Scotland was such a disaster. But I have heard plans of an Irish leg of the Sonisphere tour. Probably wont happen for a while yet until Knebworth sells out every year.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Pointless. I'm ok with travelling to the other end of the country for one weekend in a year. Besides, the infrastructure isn't there. I remember that Perth was supposed to hold something called Ragnarok festival a few years ago but the organisers pulled the plug on it becase they couldn't sell enough tickets.

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 pm

GearsCT wrote:An Irish date would make more sense than a Scottish one.

It'd probably be more expensive than than going to the UK, even if it was just for one day :?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:22 pm

For the past two years Kili have already done a one off Irish date - albeit not listed as a Sonisphere Ireland, they had Metallica play in 2009, and Maiden in 2010.

I raelly don't think a Soni Scotland would be a good idea, Gig on the green failed and it was basically a scaled down Reading...and Download Scotland didn't get too great a turn out. I think most Scots are willing to do the travelling, it's all part of the fun I think, and it would only split the market, I mean the bands would end up being mostly ones at Knebworth anyways, so it's sort of redundant in my eyes

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Sonisphere UK is enough.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

bobsvoices

Postby bobsvoices » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 am

kipper64 wrote:For the past two years Kili have already done a one off Irish date - albeit not listed as a Sonisphere Ireland, they had Metallica play in 2009, and Maiden in 2010.

I raelly don't think a Soni Scotland would be a good idea, Gig on the green failed and it was basically a scaled down Reading...and Download Scotland didn't get too great a turn out. I think most Scots are willing to do the travelling, it's all part of the fun I think, and it would only split the market, I mean the bands would end up being mostly ones at Knebworth anyways, so it's sort of redundant in my eyes

not to be a dick but maiden and tallica were organised by mcd, not kili
If Anyone Is Buying Soni Tickets Please Refer Me
My Number Is:1k939826

4 FREE BEERS TO ANY REFERREES
Jacko Bob

Bury All Rivals for Soni 2011

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm

A Soni in Scotland seems a bit redundant to be honest. If not worse than redundant.

After all, you live in Scotland and you go to Sonisphere. Chances are hundreds if not thousands of other Scots do the same. Would make very little sense to go through all the expense just to cater for existing customers, whilst simultaneously generating a market rival to your own festival. :?

kazz

Postby kazz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm

okies... so that a no then.

:lol:

i didn't know that the dl one in glasgow had been such a disaster, i just thought it might have been a fun thing to do. after all, glasgow has a great nightlife.

:roll:

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:04 am

Who'd want to go to Scotland for a mini-day festival, let alone go there for any reason?

:)

gedmundo

Postby gedmundo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 am

Hysteria wrote:Who'd want to go to Scotland for a mini-day festival, let alone go there for any reason?

I was born there and moved to fecking Barnsley. I'm sure that says something.
1k919526. Not that any c*nt reads this

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 am

gedmundo wrote:
Hysteria wrote:Who'd want to go to Scotland for a mini-day festival, let alone go there for any reason?

I was born there and moved to fecking Barnsley. I'm sure that says something.

It shows you have common sense, and a sense of pride, and dignity.

markyg

Postby markyg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am

You could stay in my bed!

I would go. Financially I doubt it would work though unless Soni at Knebworth didn`t go ahead.

Re. Scottish Download, you have to remember it was a Wed/Thurs (IIRC) and there was no camping, so in fairness it was doomed to failure from the start.
99% of what I say is sarcastic. The other 3% is a lie. You decide.
Official Butt Squeezer of "The 83"
CAMP LYM - THE CAMP THAT NEEDS NO THREAD
Will dance for food or beer

Psymonkee

Postby Psymonkee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:05 am

They could just use that airfield at Balado that seems to have some funny little camp site setup on it every year :p

kazz

Postby kazz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 am

Psymonkee wrote:They could just use that airfield at Balado that seems to have some funny little camp site setup on it every year :p

heehee.

:roll:

davetkd666

Postby davetkd666 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:13 pm

markyg wrote:

You could stay in my bed!

I would go. Financially I doubt it would work though unless Soni at Knebworth didn`t go ahead.

Re. Scottish Download, you have to remember it was a Wed/Thurs (IIRC) and there was no camping, so in fairness it was doomed to failure from the start.

Started at 4pm too and ticket prices were more or less the same as the actual download festival for a quarter of the bands

markyg

Postby markyg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Were they? I managed to score a couple of VIP tickets from XFM. Sadly I missed the Sunday as my son was being born the inconsiderate bastard :shock:

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

markyg wrote:Were they? I managed to score a couple of VIP tickets from XFM. Sadly I missed the Sunday as my son was being born the inconsiderate bastard :shock:

Couldn't the mother just stick a cork up her?

markyg

Postby markyg » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Hysteria wrote:
markyg wrote:Were they? I managed to score a couple of VIP tickets from XFM. Sadly I missed the Sunday as my son was being born the inconsiderate bastard :shock:

Couldn't the mother just stick a cork up her?

I tried that. I had to get up at 6am on the Sunday morning, absolutely reeking to get a train and then drive to the hospital for him to be born at 8pm. :o

srreid

Postby srreid » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Crazy idea, but instead of a whole fest, how about a deal with a scottish fest (T or RockNess mainly) to sponsor a stage and get more Soni styled bands, i'm always disappointed with the lack of heavy rock or metal at the scottish fests, they are always too dancey/charty/indie. Dunno if anyone has tried it before. Obviously wouldn't be expecting a main stage, but one of the smaller ones, and have a mix of the small stage bands from Soni, and maybe some the of the ones who would normally play the earlier slots from the main Soni stages?
Sonisphere 2009 and 10 DID indeed rock - anyone coming for the weekend this year please use my FMC code to get some exclusive goodies! Thanks in anticipation...

FMC code - 1k946372

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:41 pm

I think it's way too early to try something like that, It didn't work too well for Wireless, granted their smaller than Soni, but I think when your still establishing yourself, diluting your product isn't the best idea.

To me it felt like a lot of Maiden and Rammstein fans last year, I don't know what the first year was like, but I don't think you should expand until you've established a strong Sonisphere fanbase, that will do certain numbers regardless of the headliners, if that makes sense.

Drumstick

Postby Drumstick » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 pm

I think it's fair to suggest the Knebworth event and location is housed for all British isles, however the oppurtunity i guess is still there but i'll just stick this in the Other Soni's area. :music-deathmetal:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

OH GO AWAY
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

Return to “Other Sonisphere Festivals”