Sonisphere Poland

Going to one of the Sonisphere festivals happening elsewhere in Europe? Discuss lineups, travel plans, and who's going here
DiskoNick

Re: Sonisphere Poland

Postby DiskoNick » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am

Great 3 days in Warsaw, didn't make it to the Hard Rock in the end due to boozing with friendly locals! :)

I thought the Gig it's self was good, but not amazing. 2nd time I've seen Anthrax with Belladonna and he just doesn't sut it for me. Megadeth were spot on, as were Slayer (depite sound issues and watching most of the latter's set from a beer queue). I felt that 'tallica were kind of going through the motions rather than really banging out a great set.

Other good good points about the set up:
speedy entrance!
Cheap beer, 25 zlotys for 5 beers is truely awesome.
90% of the poles I spoke to were incredibly friendly.
The nutty bloke in the helicopter.
The Polish police, huge presance but in a friendly stand off/reassuring way.

Bad points:
Beer drinking areas, not a big fan, should have been able to take the beers and watch the bands
The lack of a multi-pour system at said tents, I think they had about 8 pumps at the front and 4 at the back. That's just not enough when your selling at such a good price. I've never queued for booze that long at a gig or festival!
The Polish fans not singing, one chap even asked my buddy to shush (and he's not that bad a singer :lol: )

Overal I'd give the event about 6.5/7 out of 10. I liked the city it's self alot and will definately be going back! And as a Bruice bonus, Mr Kerry King was staying at my hotel. Got a cheeky photo with him that I'll post over the weekend.

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Adam - HAHAHAHA. Where's Ajeet's photo of you with the sat shaker..?
Also, I'm pretty sure you stood there and watched those girls fall over...:lol:

BUT CAN WE PLEASE HAVE FOOD AND DRINK THAT CHEAP IN ENGLAND TOO!?!?

Great few days, well worth it :D
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Phate

Postby Phate » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Pic is now on Ajeets facebook, only think is now Adam's Mum is demanding to know 'WHO is putting WHAT into my sons mouth' hahahahahaha
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Oh for gods sake
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Best photo comment would be:
Well heelllllllloooooooooooooooo Lutz x
:lol:

Phate

Postby Phate » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Got to agree with that alex! Lutz better watch himself at knebworth, might have a stalker haha
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:53 pm

What a lad, shame he's in a hotel not camping with us...

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm

If you thought the tower was bad in poland you should have been in switzerland. there were 3 giant towers as the 2 stages were side by side and due to the wearther they were fully tarped up so basically you couldnt see the stages at all unless you were either fully left or right of both stages or in the pit area. was total pain in the ass as to get from one side to other side as the bands were alternating stages you had to wade through a foot of mud the whle way....on the plus side there was tonnes of space in the pit as it was extremely swampy up there -6 - 12 inches of mud!

think metallica were better in poland but megadeth were way better in switzerland.

loving the concept of buy 5 beers get one free - can we have that in uk too please!

also my carlsberg raincoat saved me in switzerland :)

chris i did not drag you off to the bar...you followed me!
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:29 am

alexcore wrote:What a lad, shame he's in a hotel not camping with us...

Isn't he only not camping because he wouldn't be able to fly his tent over?

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 am

i have a feeling he doesnt want to camp :)
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

LDS71

Postby LDS71 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi guys, sorry it took me a while to post again, but as great as the time with all of you was at Soni Poland, as terrible was my return trip.

First things first though: I loved meeting all of you and had a great time partying with y'all: Alex, Adam, Ajeet, Andrew, [scottish] Chris, [big] Chris, Fiona, Neill, Nick, Scott and last but not least the silent guy who's name I didn't catch after asking thrice - you rule.

It made the trip to Poland well worth the while, and the fun we had is really memorable. Especially the night before the festival.

Where do I find the pictures btw?

The festival itself was great as well, sound was awesome, weather a real treat (especially compared to Switzerland), the organisation worked fine too (our loss in time after the gig was due to lack of communication or more precise disability to stay put) and the bands put on great shows.

Return trip, as Alex knows, was a complete f**k up however, as the ground personnel from Lufthanse closed the gate a couple of minutes before I showed up - mind you AFTER checking myself in and checking my luggage in as well - and refused to let me on board. I was told to enquire with registration / ticketing and was told, the next flight they could change my booking to was departing on the 22nd - yeah, that's tomorrow!

Alternate flights started up at 500,00 € approx up to 750,00 € approx, so that was out of the question as well. So I ended up taking the train home (I actually saw your train leave the station, Alex, but didn't make it there in time to get on board) at 6:45 pm, that was supposed to be 101,00 € for getting somewhat close to home again. They told me to buy the tickets on the train - with a surplus for not buying in advance - so I tried that.

The Poles sent me to the German conductors. Their card payment machine didn't work - to be more precise, the guy just wasn't able to operate it correctly - so after standing there for about half an hour, back came the Poles to see what's going on. After a short explanation they took me and some other passengers back again and sold us the ticket for the Polish part of the trip. The german portion I was told to buy sometime later that night.

And yes, at approx 2:15 am someone woke me up to see my ticket. Since I am usually a bit grumpy when waking up and especially so when this happens before my desired wake up call, the lady went further down the aisle - and further - and further - and further. And never looked back. So I decided to go for a quick leak, after which, she was gone. And never came back.

So at least that worked out again, making the whole trip back not a total desaster.

Regarding camping at Knebworth:

if possible, I'll surely join you at the camp site thorughout the days, and surely stay after the shows as well, just to have a good time. However, carrying all the camping gear from Germany to the UK wasn't an option for me to begin with, and at my old age (cough cough) I actually prefer a roof-topped bed to a camping tent. Yeah I know, I'm old and boring.

So don't you worry (or get your hopes up, whichever it is), I'll be there to party again as we did in Poland.

Can't hardly wait for July to end.

Take care and be good till then.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:47 pm

LUTZ!

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Good to hear you got back OK Lutz, but dam I thought my return journey was a bad one (6 hours rammed in a tiny spot with a table with a pounding hangover).

You said you were a stones-throw from Fuehlinger See didn't you? Know any good places to drink out there?

LDS71

Postby LDS71 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:38 am

@Chris
There's a shopping mall in Chorweiler close by, which can be reached by foot easily if I'm not mistaken (surely not a 45 mins walk anyway...)

While not the best part of Cologne, there should be several bars in the vicinity, but I usually don't go there, it's too far to walk for my taste and drinkin' 'n' drivin' don't mix with me

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 pm

The festival organisers put on a free shuttle bus to Chorweiler, ended up there last time I went to Summerjam. Looked a bit... grim... but they had a supermarket that sold cheap alcohol so I didn't care :D

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm

I barely made the train either! I didn't have time to buy a ticket, so just climbed on. Conductors caught me on all trains though, so I ended up paying quite a bit...

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 pm

alexcore wrote:I barely made the train either! I didn't have time to buy a ticket, so just climbed on. Conductors caught me on all trains though, so I ended up paying quite a bit...

Dare I ask the final tally of your inability to buy train tickets when I told you to buy them months ago? ;)

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:42 pm

It came to 20Euros more...:lol: Which allow, would have been nice to spend on drinks elsewhere, or even food...but still...

Blackmorizer

Postby Blackmorizer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am

Hello!
I'm Oleg from Russia and I've been to 2 amazing Sonisphere fests this year - Warsaw & Prague!!!
I saw a lot of people wearing T-Shirts with front "For the first time in History - the BIG FOUR" with its schedule for summer'10 on the back (only Big 4 dates).
But I couldnt and cannot find anywhere.. Can you assist me??
Thank you in advance,
Oleg

bobsvoices

Postby bobsvoices » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Blackmorizer wrote:Hello!
I'm Oleg from Russia and I've been to 2 amazing Sonisphere fests this year - Warsaw & Prague!!!
I saw a lot of people wearing T-Shirts with front "For the first time in History - the BIG FOUR" with its schedule for summer'10 on the back (only Big 4 dates).
But I couldnt and cannot find anywhere.. Can you assist me??
Thank you in advance,
Oleg

they were the bootleg ones that people were selling outside the gigs

i was at those two too
they were awesome

pity adam freeland was a cunt and walked offstage at the prague one
If Anyone Is Buying Soni Tickets Please Refer Me
My Number Is:1k939826

4 FREE BEERS TO ANY REFERREES
Jacko Bob

Bury All Rivals for Soni 2011

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

bobsvoices wrote:pity adam freeland was a cunt and walked offstage at the prague one

I read Adam Cleland :lol:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 pm

So did I :shock:

Was thinking it must've been a damn good night if I ended up on the main Sonisphere stage in Prague ..

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 am

:) sure by the sounds of things you wouldnt have realised if had happened on the Tuesday night....still havent seen those salt shaker photos yet!!!

ImageImage

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 am

Fifi wrote::) sure by the sounds of things you wouldnt have realised if had happened on the Tuesday night....still havent seen those salt shaker photos yet!!!

Add Ajeet on FB, he has them up.

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 am

Fifi wrote:salt shaker photos

Now I'm just curious ;)

Return to “Other Sonisphere Festivals”