Sonisphere Poland

Going to one of the Sonisphere festivals happening elsewhere in Europe? Discuss lineups, travel plans, and who's going here
King_Walnut

Re: Sonisphere Poland

Postby King_Walnut » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 am

Meh, but the rest were lame ones. I've seen Metallica 5 times and Knebworth was their worst in terms of setlist.

Kicking off with anything other than creeping death just isn't cool.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

You make a valid point. Still, main point of this trip is to ensure I find enough cheap booze to make up for the fact I'm now spending about £160 getting there.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:06 am

It's a clever one by Sonisphere. If I hadn't spend all this money for Poland then I'd have gone to Download instead :P

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 am

I'd have gone to Southside, seen more bands, and spent less money...
But still, get what you mean, it's a great ploy.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Creepingdeath

Postby Creepingdeath » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:46 am

Guys - I will save a bunch of peoples numbers and text at some point tommorow after i have arrived in Warsaw - Hope that's cool.
My number (again...) is 07950842340.

Cheers,

Den.

p.s 'tallica were awesome last year at Sonisphere over here in the U.K; awesome setlist and a realy good mood allround:-)
".....the dead shall walk the earth"

judgescully

Postby judgescully » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Security out the window. My name is John. My friend Leanne & I would like a txt if pre big 4 drink is a go my number is +447834327483. Warsaw is awesome BTW! :)

paul_a

Postby paul_a » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi guys. My name is Paul, I live in Warsaw. Got some info for ya about the transport :

There will be 2 special bus lines taking fans to the Bemowo airport. The first one will have its start from the "Warsaw Central" railway station, will be going every 6 minutes through those streets: Emilii Plater – Aleje Jerozolimskie – Dmowskiego – Marszałkowska – pl. Bankowy – al. "Solidarności" – Leszno – Górczewska – Powstańców Śląskich up to "Nowe Bemowo". The buses are meant to stop on : Warsaw Central, Centrum, pl. Bankowy, kino Femina, Bemowo-Ratusz and Nowe Bemowo. They said it will be easy to recognise those buses as they will be marked with a Warsaw Mermaid playing on the saxophone (seriously WTF? :D).

When it comes to going back after the gig :
-there will be a higher frequency of underground; during 0:00 - 1:30 trains will go every 5 minutes

There will be also 2 special bus lines going to :

-the first one will be marked with an underground symbol (red "M" on the yellow background) and will be going from Conrada street up to the metro station called Wawrzyszew
-the 2nd one is meant to go from Wrocławska str.and will stop at :Wrocławska, Bemowo-Ratusz, Połczyńska - parking P&R, "kino Femina", pl. Bankowy, Centrum up to the last station : "WARSAW CENTRAL" railway station
Both special lines marked with a Mermaid logo will be going from 23.30 - 2.00

Sorry for my poor english, hope you can understand something from it as I did the translation myself :P

No to mention :
Close to 100,000 people will be in Poland to witness this spectacular show, with 5,000 making the trip from the UK alone. We’re also hearing reports of metal fans from all across Europe making the pilgrimage to Poland, alongside fellow thrash-heads jetting in from as far away as America and Australia. In some ways it’s no surprise. This is the equivalent of the Holy Grail for headbangers and when the four metal giants have finished Warsaw is unlikely to know what’s hit it.

Stay tuned \m/
Last edited by paul_a on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kernow666

Postby kernow666 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 pm

hey guys i am in poznan at the moment but have my trian sorted for warsaw in the morning , get there at around half 11 and then onto the venue
i got a few numbers in my phone so hope u dont mind a random txt of a stranger
my number is 07809567076 if anybody wants to meet up
if i dont manage to meet anyone have a bloody good time :music-rockon:

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Raiding the KFC next to Nathans, then off for a pillage

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

good stuff...see ya tomorrow hopefully :)
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

Anyone lost a pisshead with a sweaty sock on his face?
Attachments
IMG00127-20100616-0236.jpg
IMG00127-20100616-0236.jpg (135.42 KiB) Viewed 4293 times

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am

Oh lawl

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

frakking amazing couple of days. The concert was damn good as well.

Anthrax's sound was a bit muddy, but Joey Belladonna's first show with them after these years was brilliant, he suits them so much more than John Bush.

Megadeth were frakking great, they played 'Rust In Piece' In its entirety ffs, that was a dream come true for me - one of the greatest metal albums ever. Shame about their sound though, the vocals kept cutting out and the drum triggers were so compressed that it was blocking out a lot of the frequencies sometimes. That really pissed me off :-x sonisphere should get some proper engineers next time.

Slayer were awesome, my first time seeing them. The sound of Tom Araya's voice echoing over the site was phenomenal.

Metallica were amazing as usual, but out of the 5 times of seeing them, this I enjoyed maybe the least. I was too far away to see the stage, so I watched most of it on the screens and the only song they played I hadn't heard before was 'The four horsemen'. It was a nice surprise hearing 'That was just your life' half way through the set, but I really didn't want to hear stone cold crazy, bells and blackened and all nightmare long for the 3rd frakking time. I love those songs to death, but they have gooseberry loads of classics I wanted to hear instead. Oh well, thats what happens when you see them in another country. Had it been in England, it would have been a less predicable set.

I've pretty much given up all hope of hearing Battery live.

The gig did have some let downs:
1. There were far too many people there to be able to get a really good spot - 100,000 people is a frakking lot.
2. The poles don't speak english at all, so none of them knew the words. Each band played at least one song where they let just the crowd sing the chorus, but everytime It failed because they didn't frakking sing it back.
3. The poles are also the worst crowd I have ever seen. They don't know how to mosh, they don't know how to chant band names correctly with rhythmic flow, and they didn't know how to react with certain things.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

I would like to meet the people responsible for putting that tower right at the front of the regular entrance crowd. And then I would like to throw acid in their face for being so frakking stupid.

1. It disrupted the view for about half of the people who weren't golden circle. Seriously, you couldn't see the stage unless you went right to the side.
2. It was dangerous, no one wanted to stand behind it so there was a massive crush and push for nearly the entire thing, 10 times as bad as it was the other times I've seen Metallica. I had to drag people up countless times (no one else gave a frakk who went down) and I honestly think that 1 girl would've been very seriously injured had I not managed to drag her to her feet.
3. Fu­ck the stupid tower. The people on it weren't even doing anything, they were recording the gig on their phones.
4. I'm guessing the people who planned the site layout didn't check which way the sun sets. Nevermind, it's comfy for them to sit sidestage so it doesn't matter that regular people were blinded for Megadeth and Slayer.

... other than that, best few days of my life. I applaud the underhand tactics to prevent Download from having customers ;)
Last edited by King_Walnut on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh gooseberry, I forgot to mention the fact that I had the endure Anthrax and Megadeths sets whilst squinting. For slayer it wasn't so bad because the sun was low enough so that the head of the guy next to/in front of me was blocking it.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Did the stupid fu­cking tower right at the front not piss you off?

OH AND ANOTHER THING

Golden Circle, worst idea ever. Raise all the prices by a few Zloty and have it general admission like any other decent festival in europe. It's not fair that the principles behind capitalism should ruin a historic concert. I'd have liked a chance to get closer.

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Of course it did. You've got to remember that thats where the sound desk is, and like at any other gig it has to be in the middle (though it should have been a lot further back ffs).

Mind you, at some points the sound was so bad that there might as well not have been one.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Grables wrote:Of course it did. You've got to remember that thats where the sound desk is, and like at any other gig it has to be in the middle (though it should have been a lot further back ffs).

Mind you, at some points the sound was so bad that there might as well not have been one.

Yeah like I said, I could see the people on it and they were filming it on their phones and just looking at the crowd. For hours.

They were being paid money to stand in a tower that was ruining the festival for thousands. And they weren't even doing a job.

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Metallica's sound was great, and is always great because a band of that size will demand to have their own mixing desk and their own engineer...

(big mick is a legend :P )

but the smaller bands would have had the engineers hired by the festival. I don't know why the other 3 of the big four didn't get to use their own trusted engineers.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:27 pm

The sound at the 02 arena was shocking. The middle stage thing is stupid.

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm

King_Walnut wrote:The sound at the 02 arena was shocking. The middle stage thing is stupid.

:shock:

How could you say that?? The sound started off a little bad, but by a few songs in they got it fine. Some of the songs sounded frakking great in there (nothing else matters, damage, inc.) and I could hear everything.

The middle stage thing was the best idea they had had in years. How often do you get to stand 5 metres away from James Hetfield and Rob Flynn? I went to the DM launch party in september 08 and the first of the 2 dates at the 02 when they did the tour, and even though it wasn't as "epic" as the festival shows, I loved the intimacy. Machine Head couldn't perform on a stage like that for gooseberry, but 'tallica did it well and it kept everything fresh and exciting. I'll never see a gig like that again. The lasers, inflatable balls and coffin things were sweet-ass as well.

michalson

Postby michalson » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 am

2. The poles don't speak english at all, so none of them knew the words. Each band played at least one song where they let just the crowd sing the chorus, but everytime It failed because they didn't frakking sing it back.

what the hell you're talkin bout? Everyone was singin, at least when Metallica was playing. Maybe you were to far from the stage to enjoy the mosh and singin with the crowd.

Phate

Postby Phate » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 am

Christ on a bike that was frakking good! What a randomly crazy and awesome 3 days in poland!

Met loads of awesome folk some from the forum and some not but all just great people!

Anthrax were good, missed most of Megadeth due to Fifi dragging me off to the bar But thought the songs I did hear were good, Slayer were awesome and Metallica just superb!
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

morbid0

Postby morbid0 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:23 am

i had an awesome day... however i will have to complain about the booze tents... rubbish idea (at least make them bigger, if you HAVE to have them)

seeing them all 4 together was great!

rothes83slayer

Postby rothes83slayer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 am

Have to agree about the comments made about the stupid structure right in front of the stage. What were they thinking? It was my 12th metallica gig and it is the 1st time they have not played a tune I haven't heard them do before which was a shame. However there is no such thing as a substandard metallica gig. Won't be rushing back to Poland any time soon though. Really quiet crowd and on a non related to music topic, their food is just terrible!

Return to “Other Sonisphere Festivals”