CKY

Confirmed acts for 2010
CKY666

Re: CKY

Postby CKY666 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Hellview wrote:btw.. CKY is not playing the mainstage.. they're playing the second stage. this is a fact.

yea we know, check out the homepage, they are opening the sunday. but there is at least one more band to be added on that day so it may switch their place on the stage round.

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:44 am

blah i don't think I'm going to go to Sonisphere.. I've still neglected to get my new passport, and I don't think my dad will pay for my trip now.. :(

On an up note, I'm seeing CKY play in 5 days.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Hellview wrote:blah i don't think I'm going to go to Sonisphere.. I've still neglected to get my new passport, and I don't think my dad will pay for my trip now.. :(

aww really, that sucks. surely there is still time to get a passport?

awsome where are they playing then?

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 am

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:blah i don't think I'm going to go to Sonisphere.. I've still neglected to get my new passport, and I don't think my dad will pay for my trip now.. :(

aww really, that sucks. surely there is still time to get a passport?

awsome where are they playing then?

There is.. But I'm going to be in New York City (i'm leaving Sunday) visiting my dad for three weeks. So if I expedite my passport it would get here when I'm not here, which isn't a good deal.. I guess I could go down to Philly and just get it done in person..
Blah.. I really wanted to see Iggy Pop, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Alice In Chains, Dir En Grey, etc..like I would prob never go see them on their own billing, but at a festival it would be rad.

I'm going to their show on Long Island (NY) and in New Hope, PA (I have family one town over.)... They're playing two other shows, but they're out in the absolute boonies of Pennsylvannia, so I'm not even going to attempt to go to those.haha.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Just downloaded Carver City, and really enjoyed it. Any other sudgestions for some songs that you believe will be played in there set at Sonisphere?
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:44 pm

II ANXii3TY II wrote:Just downloaded Carver City, and really enjoyed it. Any other sudgestions for some songs that you believe will be played in there set at Sonisphere?

They hardly play ANYTHING from Carver City live.. during a normal headlining CKY show, they maybe play 2 or 3 songs off of that album.. They NEVER play stuff off of An Answer Can Be Found, if you're lucky like 1 song... They stick mainly to Volume 1, Vol. 2, and IDR stuff..

Songs they almost ALWAYS play live(from my having seen them four times, and from videos):
96 Quite Bitter Beings
Escape From Hellview
Flesh Into Gear
Disengage The Simulator
Rio Bravo
Human Drive In Hi-Fi
Shippensburg
Shock & Terror
Attached At The Hip
Sink Into The Underground
Bite It You Scum (GG Allin Cover)
Close Yet Far (this is almost ALWAYS their last song of the night.. unless they do an encore, or it's a super short set)

Songs They Sometimes Play Live:

Lost In Contraption
In Human Creation Station
Sporadic Movement
Dressed In Decay
Hellions On Parade
Boardwalk Body
A #1 Roller Rager

The majority of their stuff off their last two cd's, they've either never played live, or played live like less than 5 times..

I'll post what they play when I see them next week.. it might give an indicator, but they usually switch up their set lists every show... Like last time I saw them,at their show the next night(ugh I'm pissed I didn't go) they played "Behind The Screams"..

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Hellview wrote:
II ANXii3TY II wrote:Just downloaded Carver City, and really enjoyed it. Any other sudgestions for some songs that you believe will be played in there set at Sonisphere?

They hardly play ANYTHING from Carver City live.. during a normal headlining CKY show, they maybe play 2 or 3 songs off of that album.. They NEVER play stuff off of An Answer Can Be Found, if you're lucky like 1 song... They stick mainly to Volume 1, Vol. 2, and IDR stuff..

Songs they almost ALWAYS play live(from my having seen them four times, and from videos):
96 Quite Bitter Beings
Escape From Hellview
Flesh Into Gear
Disengage The Simulator
Rio Bravo
Human Drive In Hi-Fi
Shippensburg
Shock & Terror
Attached At The Hip
Close Yet Far (this is almost ALWAYS their last song of the night.. unless they do an encore, or it's a super short set)

Lost In Contraption
Sporadic Movement
Dressed In Decay
Hellions On Parade
Boardwalk Body
A #1 Roller Rager

The majority of their stuff off their last two cd's, they've either never played live, or played live like less than 5 times..

I'll post what they play when I see them next week.. it might give an indicator, but they usually switch up their set lists every show... Like last time I saw them,at their show the next night(ugh I'm pissed I didn't go) they played "Behind The Screams"..

Thanks for that.
Will try and listen to the majority of that list :)

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 pm

tbh im not sure what they are playing on their tours atm but check these out.

96 quite bitter beings (best song ever)
escape from hellview
flesh into gear
shock & terror
inhuman creation station
rio bravo
shippensburg

but really you should get Vol.1 and Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild. two best albums, carver city is possible their weakest album.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 pm

II ANXii3TY II wrote:
Hellview wrote:

96 Quite Bitter Beings
Escape From Hellview
Flesh Into Gear
Disengage The Simulator
Rio Bravo
Human Drive In Hi-Fi
Shippensburg
Shock & Terror
Attached At The Hip

Lost In Contraption
Sporadic Movement
Dressed In Decay
Hellions On Parade
Boardwalk Body
A #1 Roller Rager

Thanks for that.

trying is not good enough...

ImmortallyInsane101

Postby ImmortallyInsane101 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Shame they're not likely to play Inhuman Creation Station.
1k997385 Please use my code when buying your tickets.
Zac wrote:I love our audience because you can go off on such a tangent as to be discussing the relative flow merits of rappers whilst waiting for us to make our announcement.

highwayblind

Postby highwayblind » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 pm

CKY666 wrote:

tbh im not sure what they are playing on their tours atm but check these out.

96 quite bitter beings (best song ever)
escape from hellview
flesh into gear
shock & terror
inhuman creation station
rio bravo
shippensburg

but really you should get Vol.1 and Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild. two best albums, carver city is possible their weakest album.

yeah volume 1 is essential it got my into them!!
Upcoming Gigs:
Deaf Havana
Blink 182

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:01 pm

CKY666 wrote:
II ANXii3TY II wrote:
Hellview wrote:

96 Quite Bitter Beings
Escape From Hellview
Flesh Into Gear
Disengage The Simulator
Rio Bravo
Human Drive In Hi-Fi
Shippensburg
Shock & Terror
Attached At The Hip

Lost In Contraption
Sporadic Movement
Dressed In Decay
Hellions On Parade
Boardwalk Body
A #1 Roller Rager

Thanks for that.

trying is not good enough...

I will be listening to them :P
I thought that Carver City was good :)
Quite a shame that they don't play alot of it, but I guess the rest may be better thats why they are being played :P

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:05 pm

yea i prefer their old stuff, but i still love CC, i dont really know why they dont play much new stuff, in interviews they say CC is their best album, hellview?

go listen to them nao!

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Would be very surprised if they don't play A #1 Roller Rage. Is allways being played on Scuzz, and I find it a very catchy song.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 pm

II ANXii3TY II wrote:Would be very surprised if they don't play A #1 Roller Rage. Is allways being played on Scuzz, and I find it a very catchy song.

i dont even think its the best one off CC, rats and plagued by images are better.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 pm

I dont think its the best of the album either, but it would be silly not to promote there singles?

jack666

Postby jack666 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Carver City was a real step up from An Answer Can Be Found

cocainehero88

Postby cocainehero88 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 pm

I love CKY, can't wait to see them live ! I missed them in Swansea a few weeks ago :( Really looking forward to them, I find Carver City alot different to their other stuff
Upcoming Joy:
June 1st - End of BSc Biomedical Science year 2 :D
June 14th - Clutch - Pontypridd now, because Millenium Music Hall are rubbish!!!
June 16th-18th - Beer and Cider Festival - Cardiff
July 7th-10th - Sonisphere 2011

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 pm

cocainehero88 wrote:I love CKY, can't wait to see them live ! I missed them in Swansea a few weeks ago :( Really looking forward to them, I find Carver City alot different to their other stuff

different but still good! its so close, i cant wait!

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:49 pm

here's the set list from Thursday's show.. I didn't stay for all of Tuesday's..

Escape
Sink
Hifi
Boardwalk
Lost
Dressed
Flesh
Disengage
Imaginary
Shock
Attached
Inhuman
Rio
Bite It
Plastic Plan Tease
Old Carvers Bones Tease
Deceit Instrumental
Shippensburg
Close Yet Far

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 am

Enjoyed seeing these - much better showing than when I last saw them back in 2003/2004
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 pm

not going to lie, i enjoyed them.....alot :D

duncang

Postby duncang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Disappointed they didn't play any new songs, since that's the album I had been getting into beforehand

Ah well, they were still entertaining. Great moment when one of them caught that beer and downed it!

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 pm

duncang wrote:Disappointed they didn't play any new songs, since that's the album I had been getting into beforehand

Ah well, they were still entertaining. Great moment when one of them caught that beer and downed it!

twas chad that caught it ;)

yea dissapointed they didnt play hellions on parade, love that song, best one on the album imo.

DIO

Postby DIO » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Really good band, they've gained another fan (me) from their performance at sonisphere. The pits were really cool and seeing their guitarist catch that beer and drink it was absolutly epic :lol: he looked so awesome doing it

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”