CKY

Confirmed acts for 2010
CKY666

Re: CKY

Postby CKY666 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Hellview wrote:Best. Band. Ever.
i'm torn wether to see them play at Sonisphere or go to on of their other UK shows... or go to one random show AND sonisphere..

you are the best person on this forum (apart from me obviously) :D
and of course you should go see them twice if you have the chance!

..........and i just found out cKy are playing the main stage, this is made of win! :music-rockon:

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 pm

x-tempus wrote:
mrkilley2900623 wrote:go to a random gig AND sonisphere

i'm torn wether to see them play at Sonisphere or go to on of their other UK shows... or go to one random show AND sonisphere..

then you see them twice and if they suck once then you have double the chance they'll be good.... sort of.....

go to a show prior to Soni - then if they suck you can see someone else :P

I'll see them as I like them - so it's all good for me 8-)

haha CKY never suck.. I've seen them a bunch of times.. I saw them like two months ago in LA and they were fantastic... they get better every time.
Last edited by Hellview on Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Wed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:Best. Band. Ever.

you are the best person on this forum (apart from me obviously) :D
and of course you should go see them twice if you have the chance!

..........and i just found out cKy are playing the main stage, this is made of win! :music-rockon:

MAINSTAGE?!?!?!? frakk YEAHH!!! except that they'll probably be on when it's still light out, as they're playing the same day as Slayer, Iggy and Iron Maiden...

I prob will go for twice if I can afford it.. my official story to my dad is I'm going to London to visit my cousin & to visit cultural stuff. haha.. So I need to extra pad my estimated expense list for "visiting cultural attractions" to cover two concerts..
haha.. btw.. even though on their site they only have Leamington Spa & Sonisphere, I know from *sources* that they're going to be adding a few more shows.

haha i feel like i should do a CKY picspam...

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 pm

highwayblind wrote:
Ghost wrote:Brilliant band, Vol.1 is my fav from them and never seen them live, so proper happy they're playing. IDR is pretty damn good too, although try as I might I cannot get that into Answer Can Be Found. Haven't got round to getting Carver City yet, probably because AACBF dissapointed me so much.

Anyone know the likelyhood of them palying Rio Bravo, Lost in a Contraption, Flesh Into Gear, Escape From Helliview and Attached At The Hip? Guessing they always play 96QBB, it is a tune.

well sonisphere said in the press release
don’t miss cKy as they deliver hits such as “Rio Bravo”, “Disengage The Simulator” and “96 Quite Bitter Beings” at this exclusive festival appearance.
dunno if that means they will defo play rio bravo but seems likely!!

They ALWAYS play Rio Bravo... They even played it on the Viva La Bands tour when they only had like a 20minute set.

Faith_Is_Blind

Postby Faith_Is_Blind » Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

i wana see them so badly :(
like, now!
MON THE LADS!!

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Faith_Is_Blind wrote:i wana see them so badly :(
like, now!

i know the feeling.....

highwayblind

Postby highwayblind » Wed May 12, 2010 8:08 pm

CKY666 wrote:
like, now!

i know the feeling.....

i just got that feeling yesterday i listend to volume 1 like 4 times on repeat just cudnt stop listening to it!!
Upcoming Gigs:
Deaf Havana
Blink 182

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 13, 2010 10:50 am

like, now!

It's only 2 and a half months away... haha in the time being you can youtube them live...there are so many good quality full concerts of theirs on youtube, it's redic. Though there are absolutely no videos of their show that I went to in LA in March, which bums me out, the only video I could find from it is of them after the show(i'm in the video, which weirds me out because I didn't notice anyone filming).

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 am

Hellview wrote:
like, now!

It's only 2 and a half months away... haha in the time being you can youtube them live...there are so many good quality full concerts of theirs on youtube, it's redic. Though there are absolutely no videos of their show that I went to in LA in March, which bums me out, the only video I could find from it is of them after the show(i'm in the video, which weirds me out because I didn't notice anyone filming).

2 and a half months really isnt that long, especially considering all my exams are over in 1 month...... :shock: shitt...

yea i guess i willl just have to watch Mr smalls over and over and over again! :D
videos of sonisphere last year are the only thing that is keeping me going!

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 am

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:
like, now!

2 and a half months really isnt that long, especially considering all my exams are over in 1 month...... :shock: shitt...

yea i guess i willl just have to watch Mr smalls over and over and over again! :D
videos of sonisphere last year are the only thing that is keeping me going!

haha I watched that DVD tonight. Do you have IDR/Chopped & Sliced DVD? it's really rad.

I really hope Deis plays Bass for their UK tour. I really want to see them play a show as a 5 piece with Matty J on the keys.

Woot I just filled out my passport forms.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Hellview wrote:
haha I watched that DVD tonight. Do you have IDR/Chopped & Sliced DVD? it's really rad.

I really hope Deis plays Bass for their UK tour. I really want to see them play a show as a 5 piece with Matty J on the keys.

nah i havent actually got any of them, just watch it on youtube ;)
yea same, i missed them when they were playing 15 minutes from where i live last summer, very annoyed about that!

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 pm

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:

yea same, i missed them when they were playing 15 minutes from where i live last summer, very annoyed about that!

Ooh lame. You should get the IDR/Chopped & Sliced DVD.. the Chopped & Sliced thingie is like a really random 3 hour long documentary on them.

aww that sucks. I saw them on the Carver City tour July 21st (Bam was there & introduced them on stage), but they didn't add Matty J on keyboards until mid August or September. But Matty J has had to fill in for Deis on the bass for all their 2010 shows so far, except for like one of their West Chester shows.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Hellview wrote:
CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:

Ooh lame. You should get the IDR/Chopped & Sliced DVD.. the Chopped & Sliced thingie is like a really random 3 hour long documentary on them.

aww that sucks. I saw them on the Carver City tour July 21st (Bam was there & introduced them on stage), but they didn't add Matty J on keyboards until mid August or September. But Matty J has had to fill in for Deis on the bass for all their 2010 shows so far, except for like one of their West Chester shows.

sweet i will definately check out the sliced DVD
yup i came back from holiday about 2 hours after they finished playing.....
yea i know about matt not playing their shows, any news on when he might be back for good from your "inside" sources? ;)

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 pm

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:
CKY666 wrote:

sweet i will definately check out the sliced DVD
yup i came back from holiday about 2 hours after they finished playing.....
yea i know about matt not playing their shows, any news on when he might be back for good from your "inside" sources? ;)

I have no clue.. I forgot to ask if he's playing the UK or not... who knows if they even know. They sound just as good with Matty J on bass as they do with Matt Deis. I really hope Matt Deis comes back for good though, he's a cool dude. haha.. I will never forget the first time I saw CKY, going to their merch table to buy a shirt before the show, and talking to who I thought was the merch guy, and it turned out to be Matt...It was at least like 15 minutes before I realized he was in the band. :oops:

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Hellview wrote:

I have no clue.. I forgot to ask if he's playing the UK or not... who knows if they even know. They sound just as good with Matty J on bass as they do with Matt Deis. I really hope Matt Deis comes back for good though, he's a cool dude. haha.. I will never forget the first time I saw CKY, going to their merch table to buy a shirt before the show, and talking to who I thought was the merch guy, and it turned out to be Matt...It was at least like 15 minutes before I realized he was in the band. :oops:

yea i guess so, they have had loads of bassists anyway, haha i would never forgive myself if i did that! im guessing it was recently after he joined cky then?

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 13, 2010 4:24 pm

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:

yea i guess so, they have had loads of bassists anyway, haha i would never forgive myself if i did that! im guessing it was recently after he joined cky then?

Matt's their 3rd bassist, but he's been their longest lasting bassist. He'd been in the band for under a year at the time, it was right after they got dropped from Island....none the less i felt like an idiot for not realizing who he was..

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Hellview wrote:
CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:

Matt's their 3rd bassist, but he's been their longest lasting bassist. He'd been in the band for under a year at the time, it was right after they got dropped from Island....none the less i felt like an idiot for not realizing who he was..

yea i know, i dont think i had even heard of the band when ryan was the bassist, ha did you just speak to him like he was a fan? he probably thought it was funny that you had no idea who he was!.....and was this before or after the show? if it was after.... :lol:

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 am

CKY666 wrote:
Hellview wrote:
CKY666 wrote:yea i guess so, they have had loads of bassists anyway, haha i would never forgive myself if i did that! im guessing it was recently after he joined cky then?

yea i know, i dont think i had even heard of the band when ryan was the bassist, ha did you just speak to him like he was a fan? he probably thought it was funny that you had no idea who he was!.....and was this before or after the show? if it was after.... :lol:

It was before the show.. I just thought he was a roadie or something selling merch...The sad part is my mom (I was 16, and the show was in a bad part of the city) was the one who realized he was in the band. bahaha.. and then I went on to make a further ass of myself by saying "Oh I didn't recognize you; didn't you used to be fat?" (CKY had been on Radio Bam the day before and they had talked about Matt having been fat and loosing a ton of weight). lmao..

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah I remember when they had Andy Smith, Drew, Ryan Bruni, and then Vern joined when Chad joined. They've come a long way
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

triaxis wrote:Yeah I remember when they had Andy Smith, Drew, Ryan Bruni, and then Vern joined when Chad joined. They've come a long way

Weren't Andy Smith & Drew in Foreign Objects and or oiL? I'm pretty sure Ryan Bruni was the original CKY bassist, as they weren't CKY until Chad joined... And Vern joined in like '00 after Ryan left, because the picture on the cover of newer versions of Vol 1 are Chad playing bass at Warped Tour(in 1999?) when Ryan left.

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am

Hellview wrote:
triaxis wrote:Yeah I remember when they had Andy Smith, Drew, Ryan Bruni, and then Vern joined when Chad joined. They've come a long way

Weren't Andy Smith & Drew in Foreign Objects and or oiL? I'm pretty sure Ryan Bruni was the original CKY bassist, as they weren't CKY until Chad joined... And Vern joined in like '00 after Ryan left, because the picture on the cover of newer versions of Vol 1 are Chad playing bass at Warped Tour(in 1999?) when Ryan left.

Yeah Andy Smith was in oiL. Drew was in Foreign Objects and Ryan Bruni was in Foreign Objects and CKY

I last saw CKY in 2004 - the sound wasn't great and it wasn't until Deron's guitar amp blew that the sound got better. Six years is a long time to wait to see a band again (though I've waited eight to see Fear Factory again)
corney91 wrote:

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Sat May 15, 2010 12:42 am

triaxis wrote:
Hellview wrote:

Yeah Andy Smith was in oiL. Drew was in Foreign Objects and Ryan Bruni was in Foreign Objects and CKY

I last saw CKY in 2004 - the sound wasn't great and it wasn't until Deron's guitar amp blew that the sound got better. Six years is a long time to wait to see a band again (though I've waited eight to see Fear Factory again)

They played the UK twice last year, why didn't you go?

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 am

Hellview wrote:
They played the UK twice last year, why didn't you go?

Pretty sure it was because of dates not being convenient and spent lots of money on festivals instead of gigs last year
corney91 wrote:

Hellview

Postby Hellview » Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm

bump discussion of the raddest band in the world.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Hellview wrote:bump discussion of the raddest band in the world.

i still cant get over how awsome they are.....i wish they would play sonisphere.....oh wait! :o

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”