The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

Confirmed acts for 2010
kipper64

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

Postby kipper64 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:32 pm

THE EIGHTIES MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER make a very welcome appearance at SONISPHERE this summer. Having earned a reputation for manic, in your face live shows through various tours – including support slots with Queens Of The Stone Age and System Of a Down who both personally invited the band to perform with them – and armed with a catalogue of hits including five Top 40 singles, these Barmy Brightonians promise to deliver an unforgettable set at KNEBWORTH.

Discuss! :D

Yet again another band I've heard a lot about, but never given them much of a listen. I suppose now is a good time for that :P Any album/song recommendations?

AverageJoe

Re: The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

Postby AverageJoe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

I was really happy about this, the friend i'm going with isn't exactly the kind who'll be going apeshit in Soulfly moshpits, and she got into these guys a few months ago after Noel Fielding reccomended them as one of his favourite bands.

I don't know too much about them, but she's obsessed over the song 'In the Garden': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryBuwTyGcVA

They've got a new album coming out in a few weeks too, and the new single from it 'Love turns to hate' is really good in my opinion.

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Who now?

Soniskizz

Postby Soniskizz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Not realy given these guys much thought to be honest. Their quite a cult band arent they? sound a bit the horrors-ish not a massive fan. fair dues to those who like em but i think ima give em a miss

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 pm

Wow. Talk about nostalgia.

I remember buying their debut album 'Horse of The Dog' on the strength of their single 'Psychosis Safari' (decent tune, by the way...) when it was released about 8-10 years ago.

Not heard of them in a while tho. Might check them out, clash dependant.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:Wow. Talk about nostalgia.

I remember buying their debut album 'Horse of The Dog' on the strength of their single 'Psychosis Safari' (decent tune, by the way...) when it was released about 8-10 years ago.

Not heard of them in a while tho. Might check them out, clash dependant.

they've had a couple of singles since then, think they went a bit NME, garage rock sounding. still a good band mind, I'll be watching them unless there's someone really good on at the same time (we're assuming they're a bohemia band yeah?)

That's a pretty good album, Celebrate Your Mother is a great song as well.
:animals-cow:

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Fri May 07, 2010 4:51 pm

hybrid theorist wrote: I'll be watching them unless there's someone really good on at the same time (we're assuming they're a bohemia band yeah?)

I'd have thought so, yeah. I can't imagine them playing main stages. Unless they open, ala Soil and Alien Ant Farm etc last year.

ImmortallyInsane101

Postby ImmortallyInsane101 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Interesting style, I'm quite enjoying these guys and I may check them out if there aren't any clashes.
If they're good enough to be featured in Shaun Of The Dead then they're good enough for me.
1k997385 Please use my code when buying your tickets.
Zac wrote:I love our audience because you can go off on such a tangent as to be discussing the relative flow merits of rappers whilst waiting for us to make our announcement.

el nombre

Postby el nombre » Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 pm

I swear they supported qotsa a while back - in which case they sucked dick.

cocainehero88

Postby cocainehero88 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:47 am

Ive seen them live a few times, awesome live show, great energy, the vocalist is a complete nutter, everyone loves a good nutter :P
Upcoming Joy:
June 1st - End of BSc Biomedical Science year 2 :D
June 14th - Clutch - Pontypridd now, because Millenium Music Hall are rubbish!!!
June 16th-18th - Beer and Cider Festival - Cardiff
July 7th-10th - Sonisphere 2011

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Applause to anybody who was here instead of Iron Maiden. They were amazing! If anybody remembers him jumping onto the barrier at the start of the set, I was the guy he was holding on to for support! Worth missing the start of a not very good Maiden set ;D

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”