Sick Of It All

Confirmed acts for 2010
mrkilley2900623

Re: Sick Of It All

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Does anyone have a setlist? i can't find any on-line!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Yeah, I stayed at the main stage from the beginning of Good Charlotte to ensure a good spot for Rammstein :)
The bottle wars soon passed time :P

we only stayed at mainstage from pendulum on sunday to get a good spot for maiden, was near the back for rammstein cos i wanted to watch motley crue (big mistake apparently gallows were insane!)
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Yeah, heard about Gallows. I didn't really care about anyone on the other stages that day, except Gallows, and Inme, who where on at the same time. I stayed From before Alice in Chains on Sunday to get a good spot :P
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Yeah, heard about Gallows. I didn't really care about anyone on the other stages that day, except Gallows, and Inme, who where on at the same time. I stayed From before Alice in Chains on Sunday to get a good spot :P

haha, yeah we were having dinner during Alice In Chains went in the pit for Pendulum then went out to get wallets from lockers etc. and ran back to wait for Iron Maiden, LEFT SIDE ARE WANKERS!!!!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Pendulum bottle war was probably the highlight of my Sunday :lol:

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Pendulum bottle war was probably the highlight of my Sunday :lol:

ah, i had a pretty amazing festival tbh there was tonnes every day! It's pretty good that the only time i got a proper hour long break from the music was on sunday afternoon!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 pm

I was rather relaxed with seeing bands this year. Until around 5 I used to just sit at the back for bands :P

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

kazz wrote:i will be honest.

i had never really heard of sick of it all and went into the tent to get a good spot for corey. but me and neil are now converted. they were amazing. the singer was brilliant. and the guitarist guy who was on the left side of the stage as you were watching had soooooooooo much energy.

glad to hear it.
the guitarist is the singers brother, fyi ;)

been doing it 25 years, and still hardcore. that's what being straight edge and taking care of yourself does I suppose. not for me thanks, I'd rather be a wreck when I'm 45 :P

were good at leeds fest as well (no surprises there). in addition to my back injury from soni, I took a shoulder to the jaw, causing me to bite my tongue, which bled a fair bit. didnt leave the pit cos I'm well hardcore innit.
:animals-cow:

kazz

Postby kazz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
kazz wrote:i will be honest.

i had never really heard of sick of it all and went into the tent to get a good spot for corey. but me and neil are now converted. they were amazing. the singer was brilliant. and the guitarist guy who was on the left side of the stage as you were watching had soooooooooo much energy.

glad to hear it.
the guitarist is the singers brother, fyi ;)

been doing it 25 years, and still hardcore. that's what being straight edge and taking care of yourself does I suppose. not for me thanks, I'd rather be a wreck when I'm 45 :P

were good at leeds fest as well (no surprises there). in addition to my back injury from soni, I took a shoulder to the jaw, causing me to bite my tongue, which bled a fair bit. didnt leave the pit cos I'm well hardcore innit.

i didn't know that. yeah, neil took a video of the wall of death. we actually tracked them down on youtube and they do a fourway braveheart thing which looks unreal. i want to see it at soni next time.

:D

you trying to kill yourself slowly then stringer??

:lol:
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 am

ANXIETY wrote:I was rather relaxed with seeing bands this year. Until around 5 I used to just sit at the back for bands :P

ah, i managed to get pretty near the front for most of my favourite bands, tho th this festival was pretty much heavy metal heaven for me so i wanted to get the best out of it!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Last year, I saw all the bands I could, and was pretty much at the front for most of them, but this year I chilled out at the back. Was quite nice actually :P

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:09 am

ANXIETY wrote:Last year, I saw all the bands I could, and was pretty much at the front for most of them, but this year I chilled out at the back. Was quite nice actually :P

Ah, well I suppose everyone enjoys bands in different ways! Most of the time i can't bear standing at the back I find i enjoy the music much more if I'm at least halfway forward in the crowd (sabaton and rammstein being exceptions, they were great!)
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

I tend to find that the first time you go to a festival, you're at the front for 12 hours, then as they go on, you go down the front less and less and see fewer and fewer bands :lol:

(and no, it's not because I'm old, frakk off)

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:53 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:I tend to find that the first time you go to a festival, you're at the front for 12 hours, then as they go on, you go down the front less and less and see fewer and fewer bands :lol:

Yeah, at my first festival I was at the front the whole time, this year I only went right at the front for the bands that I really wanted to see.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:57 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:I tend to find that the first time you go to a festival, you're at the front for 12 hours, then as they go on, you go down the front less and less and see fewer and fewer bands :lol:

Was my first festival this year, and wasn't at the front once. Front is overrated, would rather be in the pits.

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Ross wrote:

Was my first festival this year, and wasn't at the front once. Front is overrated, would rather be in the pits.

What I meant by the front was just, infront of the anti-surge barriers, which includes the pits.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm

prayforvillains wrote:
Ross wrote:

What I meant by the front was just, infront of the anti-surge barriers, which includes the pits.

Oh, i presumed you meant barrier. Then yeah, i was there for every band i went to see, i find being behind them boring, but i like a active crowd.

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Ross wrote:
prayforvillains wrote:
Ross wrote:

Oh, i presumed you meant barrier. Then yeah, i was there for every band i went to see, i find being behind them boring, but i like a active crowd.

Oh no no, I was only at the barrier for Slayer 8-)

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:23 pm

wasn't at the barrier for any of the bands i was mostly slightly further back or in the pits, but yeah was one of my first fests so maybe thats why I was at the front so much!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:03 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:
ANXIETY wrote:Last year, I saw all the bands I could, and was pretty much at the front for most of them, but this year I chilled out at the back. Was quite nice actually :P

Ah, well I suppose everyone enjoys bands in different ways! Most of the time i can't bear standing at the back I find i enjoy the music much more if I'm at least halfway forward in the crowd (sabaton and rammstein being exceptions, they were great!)

Yeah, was only a few bands I did this for (cKy, Madina Lake, Apocalyptica) Just thought it was nice to kick back, and relax a bit, but I agree it is better to get involved :P

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:25 pm

prayforvillains wrote:Oh no no, I was only at the barrier for Slayer 8-)

Was my first time seeing Slayer, so wanted to get fully involved in the pits.

Back on topic though, sick of it all were frakking epic, one of the best bands i saw all weekend, and i don't like hardcore all that much.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:44 pm

I was at the barrier for Fab Beatles. Hold you applause. I don't want to make you all jealous 8-)

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Ross wrote:

Was my first time seeing Slayer, so wanted to get fully involved in the pits.

Back on topic though, sick of it all were frakking epic, one of the best bands i saw all weekend, and i don't like hardcore all that much.

I'm a massive slayer fan and i've never seen them before so i wanted to get in the pits! as for hardcore, i thought it was gonna be heavier but it seems hardcore is another word for punk-rock i'd listneed to a few sick of it all songs before hand, anyone have a setlist?
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:07 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote: as for hardcore, i thought it was gonna be heavier but it seems hardcore is another word for punk-rock i'd listneed to a few sick of it all songs before hand, anyone have a setlist?

tbh, think it's cos they were around when invented hardcore 20 years ago. they're still playing the same music, so that still has to be considered hardcore, whereas a new band playing the same songs would be punk. the word/genre hardcore has evolved around them.

Ross wrote:

the front isn't just the first three rows :P the front is where people are jumping about watching the band, not stood with a beer

duncang

Postby duncang » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:tbh, think it's cos they were around when invented hardcore 20 years ago. they're still playing the same music, so that still has to be considered hardcore, whereas a new band playing the same songs would be punk. the word/genre hardcore has evolved around them.

Eh, Sick Of It All are still hardcore, and new bands that sound like Sick Of It All are definitely still hardcore. The meaning of the word has been changed/misappropriated all over the place though

(Also, they weren't really around when hardcore was invented)

As for a setlist, I really couldn't recall every song (and I missed part of their set) but:

Step Down
Scratch The Surface
Take The Night Off
Good Lookin' Out
Us Vs Them
Death Or Jail
Machete
A Month Of Sundays
The Divide
Uprising Nation
Clobberin' Time

Were played/most likely played