Sick Of It All

Confirmed acts for 2010
Jasonisback

Sick Of It All

Postby Jasonisback » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 pm

I've herd of these but cant say I have listened, Worth a watch?
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

MattOnBass

Re: Sick Of It All

Postby MattOnBass » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

such win, brilliant band.

try: step down, Take the Night off, for now, scratch the surface
ImageImage
http://www.myspace.com/noalibitheband
FMC 1k955688 Ambassador SF838L

Unl0rd

Postby Unl0rd » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm

I have seen hundreds of bands, across all genres and I can honestly say there are very few as good live as these guys... the pit will be sick... the band invented the wall of death... *exited* just make them a sunday band... so I can... you know...see them...

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Supporting AFI on tour so saw them last night - they're quite a heavy punk band. I think anyone who likes Rise Against will like them as they're kinda Rise mixed with Cancer Bats.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

Harby

Postby Harby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 pm

They are THE hardcore band for me.

I know so many people obsess over Rise Against on these forums, this is one of their (and 88FL's) main influences when they started out. In fact the bonus track on The Sufferer and The Witness is Built To Last, originally Sick Of It All's. The album of the same name is great.

This might mean I won't have to go watch AFI this week just to watch Sick Of It All (though I may go for AFI anyways, they're pretty tight live)

Good booking Sonisphere
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Can someone recommend me an album of theirs please, as I love Cancer Bats, and seeing their name mentioned on the thread, means that surely these guys are worth a looking. Haven't heard of them until today though.

Harby

Postby Harby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Built To Last ;)

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Awesome addition. They are AMAZING live.

They HAVE to headline Bohemia. HAVE TO! :pray:

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 am

Harby wrote:They are THE hardcore band for me.

I know so many people obsess over Rise Against on these forums, this is one of their (and 88FL's) main influences when they started out. In fact the bonus track on The Sufferer and The Witness is Built To Last, originally Sick Of It All's. The album of the same name is great.

This might mean I won't have to go watch AFI this week just to watch Sick Of It All (though I may go for AFI anyways, they're pretty tight live)

Good booking Sonisphere

Oohh I didn't know they influenced Rise! I just picked up on a slight similarity when I saw them haha. Although I did sorta recognise Built To Last when they played it but I didn't know where from. The pieces all fit now haha.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

yituool

Postby yituool » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

These guys are like the American version of GBH! Love 'em!

If you're interested in going to Bloodstock, please buy tickets off of my link. It will be much appreciated, and I will try and return the favour in some way:
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/affiliates/id/1217_1

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Jasonisback wrote:I've herd of these but cant say I have listened, Worth a watch?

frakk YES

I've seen em live about 5 times, and they've been great every one. Lou Koller is such a magnetic frontman, you can't take your eyes off him.

Gatsu wrote:Can someone recommend me an album of theirs please,

Scratch The Surface is their most acclaimed one I'd say (and features 2 of their best songs in Step Down and Scratch The Surface), but most of theirs are a pretty solid quality. my favourite is probably Call To Arms.

For me, they're as good as a band can be at a type of music. You can argue they don't push themselves, but they do hardcore punk about as well as it's possible to do within the boundaries of that genre, the same way Slayer do with thrash metal
:animals-cow:

Harby

Postby Harby » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 pm

It's NYHC, what more could a big hardcore fan want at Sonisphere? :music-rockon:

el nombre

Postby el nombre » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Harby wrote:It's NYHC, what more could a big hardcore fan want at Sonisphere? :music-rockon:

Agnostic front aswell?

Harby

Postby Harby » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 pm

el nombre wrote:
Harby wrote:It's NYHC, what more could a big hardcore fan want at Sonisphere? :music-rockon:

Agnostic front aswell?

Well yeah, and Madball and H2O would be nice too I guess. Perhaps aside from NY, Bad Religion and Shai Hulud please :D

Actually, Fucked Up and Bad Religion are now on the Rebellion Bill. I doubt we'd get Fucked Up again, but Bad Religion would be class, although I have a feeling they'll be at Reading.

yituool

Postby yituool » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm

How about GBH, Poison Idea, The Exploited or Discharge?

If you're interested in going to Bloodstock, please buy tickets off of my link. It will be much appreciated, and I will try and return the favour in some way:

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Another on my 'will catch if I can' list - from what I've heard they are worth watching if you enjoy your hardcore. As Unl0rd said above, I'd imagine pits and wall of death are standard for this type of gig
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

yituool

Postby yituool » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 pm

triaxis wrote:Another on my 'will catch if I can' list - from what I've heard they are worth watching if you enjoy your hardcore. As Unl0rd said above, I'd imagine pits and wall of death are standard for this type of gig

That's a standard for quite a lot gigs haha

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

yituool wrote:
triaxis wrote:Another on my 'will catch if I can' list - from what I've heard they are worth watching if you enjoy your hardcore. As Unl0rd said above, I'd imagine pits and wall of death are standard for this type of gig

but yes, you'd be right :D

At Download the GnR year, they clashed, and SOIA played the 3rd stage (or second tent depending on your point of view). it was 1/2 empty as almost everyone was watching GnR, but it meant everyone there was SO into SOIA, the atmpsphere was intense. there was a circle pit that stretched all the way round the pillars in the middle of the tent :music-rockon:
oh, and an epic wall of death that somehow ended up 30 deep on one side, and about 8 deep on the other (my) side. we got our arses handed to us :lol:

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

hybrid theorist wrote:
yituool wrote:

but yes, you'd be right :D

At Download the GnR year, they clashed, and SOIA played the 3rd stage (or second tent depending on your point of view). it was 1/2 empty as almost everyone was watching GnR, but it meant everyone there was SO into SOIA, the atmpsphere was intense. there was a circle pit that stretched all the way round the pillars in the middle of the tent :music-rockon:
oh, and an epic wall of death that somehow ended up 30 deep on one side, and about 8 deep on the other (my) side. we got our arses handed to us :lol:

Dude, so jealous! I couldn't make Download that year, but my mate who went said it was one of the most intense things he'd ever been involved in. Here's hoping for a repeat at Soni, eh?

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:Dude, so jealous! I couldn't make Download that year, but my mate who went said it was one of the most intense things he'd ever been involved in. Here's hoping for a repeat at Soni, eh?

absolutely :D

it was proper intense, cos anyone who wasn't that bothered was watching GnR, so everyone was well up for it. it was one of those gigs you know is gonna be amazing about 20 seconds in

Collision

Postby Collision » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 am

Amazing addition
My FMC code is - 1k988993

jadeylemonadey

Postby jadeylemonadey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 am

I have been told by my boyfriend that we are watching them as they're one of the only bands he likes there :P

MAGNETSHOWDOTHEYWORK

Postby MAGNETSHOWDOTHEYWORK » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 am

These guys should be good, most hardcore bands are energetic as frakk.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:09 pm

jadeylemonadey wrote:I have been told by my boyfriend that we are watching them as they're one of the only bands he likes there :P

I thought he wasn't coming?

he's not been online in a while (or has he and I've just missed him? :lol: )

jadeylemonadey

Postby jadeylemonadey » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:22 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
jadeylemonadey wrote:I have been told by my boyfriend that we are watching them as they're one of the only bands he likes there :P

I thought he wasn't coming?

he's not been online in a while (or has he and I've just missed him? :lol: )

He's hoping to get a free ticket like last year :P

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”