Pendulum

Confirmed acts for 2010
duncang

Re: Pendulum

Postby duncang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Korikon wrote:True. But by that line of thinking, because Sonisphere is a ROCK festival, half of those bands shouldn't have been there because they're HEAVY METAL. Heavy metal is a different music genre from rock, after all. I just think that people get waaay too caught up in what label a band belongs to, and what type of festival this is supposedly meant to be. Calling it a rock festival doesn't mean that no other band can play, that type of thinking just seems unecessarily rigid..

Heavy Metal is a type of Rock music. It evolved from rock music. No rock, no metal.

No blues, no rock
No slaves, no blues

So basically, metal is a subgenre of black people

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Pretty much.

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 pm

duncang wrote:
So basically, metal is a subgenre of black people

Totally forgetting Motzart the original rock star, so its Slaves and Germans :)
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Pretty much.

But of course, no-one would complain if a Blues band were to play Soni, right?

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Korikon wrote:True. But by that line of thinking, because Sonisphere is a ROCK festival, half of those bands shouldn't have been there because they're HEAVY METAL. Heavy metal is a different music genre from rock, after all. I just think that people get waaay too caught up in what label a band belongs to, and what type of festival this is supposedly meant to be. Calling it a rock festival doesn't mean that no other band can play, that type of thinking just seems unecessarily rigid..

Heavy Metal is a type of Rock music. It evolved from rock music. No rock, no metal.

no blues no rock, does that mean its a blues festival as well?
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:57 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:

no blues no rock, does that mean its a blues festival as well?

Tom Hollister Trio where a nice blues band on the Saturday.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

duncang

Postby duncang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 pm

GearsCT wrote:

That they were! Quite amazed that it was just a few people, all sat down...felt too awkward to stand at the barrier!

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 am

duncang wrote:
GearsCT wrote:

That they were! Quite amazed that it was just a few people, all sat down...felt too awkward to stand at the barrier!

Was that you and your mate that stood at the barrier for 5 seconds and then sat down?
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

GearsCT wrote:
duncang wrote:
GearsCT wrote:

Was that you and your mate that stood at the barrier for 5 seconds and then sat down?

When were THEY on? Missed 'em :(
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 am

Standing tickets to Pendulum's Wembley gig have sold out ;____; Guess I'm not going then..

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:52 am

Korikon wrote:Standing tickets to Pendulum's Wembley gig have sold out ;____; Guess I'm not going then..

ah, hard luck mate but dw im not going standing at wembley when i see clyro there in december, standing tickets always sell out super quick at wembley :(
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

duncang

Postby duncang » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:17 am

GearsCT wrote:
duncang wrote:
GearsCT wrote:

Nope, I got there sort of late cause of the shuttle buses (missed all of Evile as well!) and thought 'oo-er, best sit down then'

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:25 am

mrkilley2900623 wrote:
Korikon wrote:Standing tickets to Pendulum's Wembley gig have sold out ;____; Guess I'm not going then..

ah, hard luck mate but dw im not going standing at wembley when i see clyro there in december, standing tickets always sell out super quick at wembley :(

Nah, I've sat at gigs before and I hate it. So if it's a choice of seating, or miss it, I'd rather miss it and wait til the next time round.
Thought it was a bit annoying that tickets went on sale the 30th though - what about all of us who saw them at Soni and got converted and THEN wanted to buy tickets? :P I am surprised, I didn't think they'd sell out in a week but I've never tried buying tickets for Wembley before.

Ah well. Next time. In the meantime I guess I'll go to ToC then.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:32 am

Korikon wrote:
mrkilley2900623 wrote:

Nah, I've sat at gigs before and I hate it. So if it's a choice of seating, or miss it, I'd rather miss it and wait til the next time round.
Thought it was a bit annoying that tickets went on sale the 30th though - what about all of us who saw them at Soni and got converted and THEN wanted to buy tickets? :P I am surprised, I didn't think they'd sell out in a week but I've never tried buying tickets for Wembley before.

Ah well. Next time. In the meantime I guess I'll go to ToC then.

I've never been to Wembley before but since I've never been able to buy a standing ticket, slightly annoyed they went on sale on the 30th, was at Sonisphere. Never gone seated for a gig before so gonna be a new experience watching the floor
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Korikon wrote:

Reducio ad absurdum.

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Korikon wrote:

Reducio ad absurdum.

Which we all know is the best argument method ever :lol: Don't even lie! It's as good as a cleverly constructed straw man!
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”