Madina Lake

Confirmed acts for 2010
GearsCT

Re: Madina Lake

Postby GearsCT » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:23 pm

fade_to_jack17 wrote:such a tune, i hope they play it! will these be second stage or bohemia do we think?

Most definitely Bohemia
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

Soniskizz

Postby Soniskizz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

saw them at reading last year and thought they were crap. but one of my fave bands Mayday parade supported them a few weeks ago so i thought id stick around for em and my god! they were exelent! they had great presence! if their on bohemia ill try and catch em for shure

fadetojack

Postby fadetojack » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm

GearsCT wrote:
fade_to_jack17 wrote:such a tune, i hope they play it! will these be second stage or bohemia do we think?

Most definitely Bohemia

fair enough, will be good in a tent!

Soniskizz wrote:saw them at reading last year and thought they were crap. but one of my fave bands Mayday parade supported them a few weeks ago so i thought id stick around for em and my god! they were exelent! they had great presence! if their on bohemia ill try and catch em for shure

aha,same i just hope theres not a major clash.
isit too much to ask for Staind, Rise Against and SLAAAAAAAYYERRRRRR?
Thank you for the chance to create a grand mess in Knebworth one more time, 09'10'11'14

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Still think they could end up taking a low slot on one of the mainstages - we'll know when the day/stage splits are announced
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Anyone else think they wont go down so well? They may either be, totally ignored or bottled to hell. Not that I,ll bottle them, waste of a free empty bottle. :D But bottling is kinda kiddish even if you hate the bands guts.

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 am

*facepalm* didn't you get from the amount of people on here that are saying they're looking forwards to them that no they wont be ignored?

fadetojack

Postby fadetojack » Tue May 04, 2010 12:06 am

GearsCT wrote:*facepalm* didn't you get from the amount of people on here that are saying they're looking forwards to them that no they wont be ignored?

This
isit too much to ask for Staind, Rise Against and SLAAAAAAAYYERRRRRR?
Thank you for the chance to create a grand mess in Knebworth one more time, 09'10'11'14

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Tue May 04, 2010 10:49 am

GearsCT wrote:*facepalm* didn't you get from the amount of people on here that are saying they're looking forwards to them that no they wont be ignored?

Seriously?!?! :o They are beyond shite.

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Tue May 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Chipknot wrote:

In your opinion.

lewis582

Postby lewis582 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

GearsCT wrote:
Chipknot wrote:

In your opinion.

And mine. I will resolve this issue by positioning my body in a place other than the vicinity of where they are playing.
But seriously, they really are bad. I could rant about how bad they are, but it would be pointless.
Image playing Sonisphere yes please- well I can still hope for 2011
Metal Sucks, I only like post-ironic guttural slamming blackened pagan neostructuralist minimal progressive power groove sumericrabcore

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 am

lewis582 wrote:
GearsCT wrote:
Chipknot wrote:Seriously?!?! :o They are beyond shite.

In your opinion.

And mine. I will resolve this issue by positioning my body in a place other than the vicinity of where they are playing.
But seriously, they really are bad. I could rant about how bad they are, but it would be pointless.

I don't like them either but they're obviously doing something right. I know i'm stereotyping their fanbase but i'm glad theres bands like these at Soni, means a lot of the tweens will be out of the way while a harder band is playing somewhere else.

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 am

@Average Joe: You make a good point. Tweens + Tweeny pop band + Slayer on main stage = Less tweens in Slayer pits who whine and moan about moshing i.e "Ow! That hurt! OMG!" At which point we crowd surf them by force to the front or bash them. :twisted: Simples! :D

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Thu May 06, 2010 11:27 am

Exactly, less injuries and more fun for both sides. I'm pretty sure that even though they seem scarce on facebook and the forums, there'll be many people coming to see the lighter side, such as Iggy, Madina Lake, Funeral For a Friend and Placebo, and thats what makes this festival so great, theres a variety!

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Hopefully they won't clash with any other good bands like Anthrax, but I'm getting to the point where I like so many bands there are going to be a lot of clashes. Still prefer that to not liking anyone though.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Thu May 06, 2010 11:56 pm

To be honest, just looking at the recent posts, they'll probably not clash with anything big cause they'll be on the main/second stage too. The amount of times i've gone onto Kerrang radio to be welcomed to Madina Lake is ridiculous!

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Sun May 09, 2010 9:46 pm

AverageJoe wrote:To be honest, just looking at the recent posts, they'll probably not clash with anything big cause they'll be on the main/second stage too. The amount of times i've gone onto Kerrang radio to be welcomed to Madina Lake is ridiculous!

You think thats bad, Kerrang! t.v is dominated by piss poor pop punk pissends!

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Tue May 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Well now the stage splits are up it looks like they're mainstage!

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 am

lemming3k wrote:Well now the stage splits are up it looks like they're mainstage!

Anyone else have a feeling they may be bottled to hell? I could be wrong, but some folks might be mega pissed their there and try to kill them. Again, I could be wrong.

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

Chipknot wrote:Anyone else have a feeling they may be bottled to hell?

Nah...they didn't get anything like that at Reading last year and it was a short bottling at Download back in 2008 but then they retaliated with confetti cannons - might have something stronger this time

:twisted:
corney91 wrote:

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 pm

triaxis wrote:

Nah...they didn't get anything like that at Reading last year and it was a short bottling at Download back in 2008 but then they retaliated with confetti cannons - might have something stronger this time

WATER CANNONS!

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Thu May 13, 2010 7:37 pm

GearsCT wrote:
triaxis wrote:

WATER CANNONS!

WET-TSHIRTS....aah how the train of thought progresses :lol:

I won't be seeing them - personally loath their music, and will be much happier situated in Bohemia, or one of the smaller stages seeing an up and coming band :)
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 am

triaxis wrote:

Must have been very short, I really don't remember them getting much of a bottling at download :?
Anyways, I doubt they'll get bottled, they'll be on pretty early, they're going to have a lot of fans there to play for and there are far worse bands on the bill.
If anyone doesn't want to see them and has any sense they'll frakk off elsewhere.

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 am

lemming3k wrote:Must have been very short, I really don't remember them getting much of a bottling at download :?
Anyways, I doubt they'll get bottled, they'll be on pretty early, they're going to have a lot of fans there to play for and there are far worse bands on the bill.
If anyone doesn't want to see them and has any sense they'll frakk off elsewhere.

Yeah from what I remember it wasn't intense and it didn't last long. Don't know why people are expecting bottling. Last year we had talk about Taking Back Sunday and Bjorn Again getting the treatment...and there was none when it came to the day
corney91 wrote:

lemming3k

Postby lemming3k » Sat May 15, 2010 3:53 pm

triaxis wrote:
lemming3k wrote:Must have been very short, I really don't remember them getting much of a bottling at download :?

Yeah from what I remember it wasn't intense and it didn't last long. Don't know why people are expecting bottling. Last year we had talk about Taking Back Sunday and Bjorn Again getting the treatment...and there was none when it came to the day

Dare I say they didn't have the bottle?

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Seems a lot of mixed feeling about Madina Lake. They are actually the first album that Soni has inspired me to buy (this afternoon actually, will shortly be followed by Delain and FFaF)

I thought their set was really good, esp as they were lacking the bassist (who is a complete and utter legend) I am glad they didn't have a bad reception to be honest.
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”