Postby highwayblind » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm

reckon they will play bloodline?
Upcoming Gigs:
Deaf Havana
Blink 182

RamboJesus

Re: Slayer

Postby RamboJesus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:53 am

highwayblind wrote:reckon they will play bloodline?

I doubt it, they rarely play it live nowadays. But who knows? :)

Grables

Postby Grables » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:16 pm

That bit in Angel of Death after the solo when everything drops out leaving just Lombardo's constant double kick for about 2 bars sounds frakking awesome live. I'm looking forward to that bit the most :bow-yellow:

RamboJesus

Postby RamboJesus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Grables wrote:That bit in Angel of Death after the solo when everything drops out leaving just Lombardo's constant double kick for about 2 bars sounds frakking awesome live. I'm looking forward to that bit the most :bow-yellow:

This :bow-yellow:

Easily my favorite song by Slayer.

Grables

Postby Grables » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:44 pm

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 am

This will be the set that I think ends the festival for me, either this or Alice In Chains, because I honestly cannot see Iron Maiden being as good as these guys...and it's criminal that they should headline above them! I love Slayer for the fact they've never comprised their sound, their attitude and their opinion - but seriously, they shouldn't be playing such low billing!
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

x2 UK Sonisphere Attendee (and Counting)

Grables

Postby Grables » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Are you saying Slayer should be above Iron Maiden? If you are, you're an idiot.

Slayer are pretty sweet live, but I have seen loads more bands that put on a better show. Iron Maiden are regarded as one of the best live bands in the world, they WILL be better than Slayer by miles, and Slayer probably feel honored to share a stage with Maiden. You say Slayer have never compromised their sound? neither have Maiden.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 pm

In terms of who's better live, I'd probably say Maiden. as for who's the biggest, most headliner worthy band, it's Maiden without a shadow of a doubt. they've sold ten times the albums Slayer have, and influenced every band in metal.
Slayer are legends, but Maiden are always gonna be a bigger band. just be glad you can see both on the same day :D
:animals-cow:

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Grables wrote:Are you saying Slayer should be above Iron Maiden? If you are, you're an idiot.

So I'm an idiot in your eyes - but I still stand by it, Slayer should be headlining....sorry, but they should

Having said that, I'm glad I can see them both, provided Municipal Waste don't clash with Slayer or Alice In Chains I should be fine
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

highwayblind

Postby highwayblind » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:08 pm

WayneMadden wrote:
Grables wrote:Are you saying Slayer should be above Iron Maiden? If you are, you're an idiot.

So I'm an idiot in your eyes - but I still stand by it, Slayer should be headlining....sorry, but they should

Having said that, I'm glad I can see them both, provided Municipal Waste don't clash with Slayer or Alice In Chains I should be fine

its just that slayer havent had any near the success of iron maiden! maiden can headline festivals and play arenas and stadiums worldwide!
Upcoming Gigs:
Deaf Havana
Blink 182

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Iron Maiden are better musically than Slayer however, i prefer Slayer personally I still don't think Slayer should headline. Slayer frakking started out playing Maiden covers! Maiden have also sold a lot more albums and have more fans
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:

Iron Maiden are better musically than Slayer however, i prefer Slayer personally I still don't think Slayer should headline. Slayer frakking started out playing Maiden covers! Maiden have also sold a lot more albums and have more fans

highwayblind wrote:its just that slayer havent had any near the success of iron maiden! maiden can headline festivals and play arenas and stadiums worldwide!

I know what you guys are saying, but I just cannot get behind Iron Maiden, and although I will want to see them and respect their talent - I REALLY want to hear 'Fear Of The Dark' live - I love Slayer more and would give anything to see Slayer do a headline set. That's just a personal opinion, the love for Iron Maiden here is obviously immense, and I understand Slayer's history...I just gotta defend what I love
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:23 pm

WayneMadden wrote:I know what you guys are saying, but I just cannot get behind Iron Maiden, and although I will want to see them and respect their talent - I REALLY want to hear 'Fear Of The Dark' live - I love Slayer more and would give anything to see Slayer do a headline set. That's just a personal opinion, the love for Iron Maiden here is obviously immense, and I understand Slayer's history...I just gotta defend what I love

Slayer are probably my favourite band (toss up between them and Lamb Of God) but on just about every level Maiden have them beat in terms of "deserving" to headline.
sold more records
bigger/better stage show
more fans, play to bigger crowds
etc etc

Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:31 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

The headlinded second stage at hellfest this year.

Can't wait for the pit to these guys, gonna be mental.

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

They headlined Ozzfest in 1996 in the US

Slayer headlined the Tattoo The Planet Tour in 2001 - although due to 9/11 that tour was pretty shambolic

They also headlined a festival in the US called H82K2, and also headlined Ozzfest again in 2004 in the US

They also headlined the Mayhem Festival in 2009 and Japan's Loudpark Festival in 2006

Sorry, just wanted to point those out
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:57 pm

In context, Slayer have never headlined a major UK festival in the past decade - Tattoo the Planet was supposed to be a co-headline with Pantera and Slayer (before 9/11 intervened). Highest position they always seem to end up with is 3rd (Download 2005 and 2007). They've got enough material to warrant a headliner set but in my eyes they're not as big in the UK as other rock/metal bands available
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 pm

triaxis wrote:They've got enough material to warrant a headliner set but in my eyes they're not as big in the UK as other rock/metal bands available

I do agree with you, it's a pity that's the case, because I have seen them perform headline sets - at Unholy Alliance for example - and they can do a really good job. I seem to get the opinion that they don't want to do headline slots, and much prefer an hour lower down the bill, but then I look at Unholy Alliance and think - maybe they only want to headline something they have complete control over

Loudpark 2006 for example, their day, was pretty much Unholy Alliance without Thine Eyes Bleed
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

jbmetalhead

Postby jbmetalhead » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:21 pm

There will be blood in the pits!

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

WayneMadden wrote:

well, Municipal Waste aren't playing - and two bands of the same genre won't be clashing anyway, thats already been confirmed.

potentially at Bloodstock would Slayer headline, likely the right size festival that Slayer could be in top slot - though the reaction to them being announced as headliners would be apocalyptically bad.
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 am

SLAYARGH!!!!!!!!!

I felt the need.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am

WayneMadden wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

They headlined Ozzfest in 1996 in the US

Slayer headlined the Tattoo The Planet Tour in 2001 - although due to 9/11 that tour was pretty shambolic

They also headlined a festival in the US called H82K2, and also headlined Ozzfest again in 2004 in the US

They also headlined the Mayhem Festival in 2009 and Japan's Loudpark Festival in 2006

Sorry, just wanted to point those out

according to wikipedia :ugeek: :
the only ones of those they headlined was Mayhem and Loudpark. dunno how big they are, but judging by bands I'd assume they're bloodstock rather than soni/download size

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Um why has my post been deleted?
L_K moderator of love

For His mercy is great toward us; and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever
Hallelujah.

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:55 pm

skunkpussy wrote:Um why has my post been deleted?

What did you say?
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”