Slayer

Confirmed acts for 2010
prayforvillains

Re: Slayer

Postby prayforvillains » Thu May 27, 2010 3:52 pm

bloodandthunder wrote:
prayforvillains wrote:
guitarherocloud wrote:Just seen these guys live in Leeds. My neck is killing me, I've completly lost my voice, and I'm deaf in both ears. All totally worth it tho', it was one hell of a performance from them.

Epic ending to the set too, when the mic cut out during Angel of Death :lol: Quality gig. Can't wait for Soni now so I can see them again!

Epic :) HMV forum here in a week here i come 8-)

Same :D

Wooo :)
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

jack666

Postby jack666 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:46 pm

I will also be at the forum on june 3rd :music-rockon:

Gonna be awesome, the set list for this tour is a beast

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu May 27, 2010 8:56 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:Just seen these guys live in Leeds. My neck is killing me, I've completly lost my voice, and I'm deaf in both ears. All totally worth it tho', it was one hell of a performance from them.

Epic ending to the set too, when the mic cut out during Angel of Death :lol: Quality gig. Can't wait for Soni now so I can see them again!

haha, didnt realise the mic had cut out, I thought he was just leaving it for the crowd :lol:

frakk me I ache. especially where two fat foo foo crowdsurfers landed on me (one snapped my neck, the other sandpapered my entire face with his jeans :roll: )
quality gig though. roll on Soni!

jack666 wrote:Gonna be awesome, the set list for this tour is a beast

I'd heard a rumour they were playing "seasons" in its entirety, which they didnt, but was worried that they'd got 1/2 way through the set and not played an 80s song..... then Hell Awaits kicked in :music-headbanger: think the only real classic they missed was Dead Skin Mask (and Postmortem I guess)
:animals-cow:

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 am

hybrid theorist wrote:
jack666 wrote:Gonna be awesome, the set list for this tour is a beast

I'd heard a rumour they were playing "seasons" in its entirety, which they didnt, but was worried that they'd got 1/2 way through the set and not played an 80s song..... then Hell Awaits kicked in :music-headbanger: think the only real classic they missed was Dead Skin Mask (and Postmortem I guess)

Yeah I heard that rumour. I think it applies to when they get back to the States - what you've got to remember is, they're still doing their tour from last year over here, due to the two delays. We'll see tho'

EIther way I wasn't complaining - the gig was amazing :music-headbanger:

Chipknot

Postby Chipknot » Fri May 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Anyone at the Glasgow show? :music-headbanger: Epic or what? I shouted "frakk LADY GAGA, frakk CHERYL COLE AND frakk JUSTIN BIEBER THE LITTLE COCK SUCKING meatball!!!!" in the middle of the street after the gig and screaming "SLAYEEERRRAAGGRRRHHH!!!!!" to passers by who seemed to like the above faggots. :D :lol: Red Bull makes me insane. :twisted: :oops: But I digrees. Slayer slayed.

lewis582

Postby lewis582 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Chipknot wrote: I shouted "frakk LADY GAGA, frakk CHERYL COLE AND frakk JUSTIN BIEBER THE LITTLE COCK SUCKING meatball!!!!" in the middle of the street after the gig and screaming "SLAYEEERRRAAGGRRRHHH!!!!!" to passers by who seemed to like the above faggots.

This is why (old) people don't have a particularly good impression of young people. :character-oldtimer:

I'm sure Slayer were good, but that sort of rowdiness should be kept within the walls of the venue.
Image playing Sonisphere yes please- well I can still hope for 2011
Metal Sucks, I only like post-ironic guttural slamming blackened pagan neostructuralist minimal progressive power groove sumericrabcore

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 am

Chipknot wrote:Anyone at the Glasgow show? :music-headbanger: Epic or what? I shouted "frakk LADY GAGA, frakk CHERYL COLE AND frakk JUSTIN BIEBER THE LITTLE COCK SUCKING meatball!!!!" in the middle of the street after the gig and screaming "SLAYEEERRRAAGGRRRHHH!!!!!" to passers by who seemed to like the above faggots. :D :lol: Red Bull makes me insane. :twisted: :oops: But I digrees. Slayer slayed.

Red Bull makes you insane? You're easily excited.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun May 30, 2010 2:57 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:Yeah I heard that rumour. I think it applies to when they get back to the States - what you've got to remember is, they're still doing their tour from last year over here, due to the two delays. We'll see tho'

aye, was thinking, I've probably had that ticket a full 12 months, cos the gig was 6 months (almost to the day) delayed, and obviously, I had the ticket way before that

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
guitarherocloud wrote:Yeah I heard that rumour. I think it applies to when they get back to the States - what you've got to remember is, they're still doing their tour from last year over here, due to the two delays. We'll see tho'

aye, was thinking, I've probably had that ticket a full 12 months, cos the gig was 6 months (almost to the day) delayed, and obviously, I had the ticket way before that

Yeah, I remember buying a pair for myself just before my birthday in September last year. The gig was originally scheduled for Nov 23rd, then moved to some time in Feb, I think.

But once they get back to the States I reckon they will play 'Seasons' in full. Doubt we'd get it at Soni tho' - which is a shame 'cos it's one of my fave albums ever so I'd love to see it...

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:But once they get back to the States I reckon they will play 'Seasons' in full. Doubt we'd get it at Soni tho' - which is a shame 'cos it's one of my fave albums ever so I'd love to see it...

yeah, if they've got say a 45 minute set, I wouldn't expect them to just play a 45 minute album

do love it though, it's probably just as good as Reign In Blood imo

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I saw Slayer at Download a few years ago and they were really boring. It didn't help that Machine Head (who were fantastic) had just finished either.

I do like Slayer (although I think they're overrated) so I will watch them at Sonisphere. Hopefully they'll be a lot better this time. :)

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I saw Slayer at Download a few years ago and they were really boring. It didn't help that Machine Head (who were fantastic) had just finished either.

I do like Slayer (although I think they're overrated) so I will watch them at Sonisphere. Hopefully they'll be a lot better this time. :)

D:

jack666

Postby jack666 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 am

Seeing SLAYER! today :music-deathmetal:

RamboJesus

Postby RamboJesus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:59 pm

jack666 wrote:Seeing SLAYER! today :music-deathmetal:

Argh I'm mega jealous :lol:

Can't wait to see these bad boys, the pits are gonna be insane :music-headbanger:

jack666

Postby jack666 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 am

BEST
****ING
GIG
EVER

I swear to god, words can't describe, but let's try
Slayer were ****ing amazing from the off but 3 songs in some guy fell and broke his leg (pretty badly, they cut the trousers off him and you could see the bone sticking out) so the gig stopped for about half an hour waiting for the ambulance to turn up
Came back and the atmosphere had dived as they played some new songs, but then...
War Ensemble - Yeeeah here we go
Blood Red - YES!, ****, might be doing the whole of seasons
Spirit In Black - .....Oh my ****ing god
Everyone went bat **** insane for it and the atmosphere was ****ing electric
Stormed through seasons and finished of with raining blood, aggressive perfector, south of heaven and angel of death, way to save a dying gig
And I got Kerry King's pick

OH MY GOD

So good
Bring on sonisphere
SLAYER!

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Last night at the Forum was absolutely incredible!

PLAYED SEASONS IN THE ABYSS BACK TO frakking BACK FIRST TIME EVER!

So, so good :D, crowd really up for it as well.

Bring on Soni!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Gah, why didnt they do that in Leeds?

ah well, never mind, we did get HELL AWAAAAAAAAAAAITS! :D

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

bloodandthunder wrote:Last night at the Forum was absolutely incredible!

PLAYED SEASONS IN THE ABYSS BACK TO frakking BACK FIRST TIME EVER!

:o :-x Gutted!

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

jack666 wrote:
So good
Bring on sonisphere
SLAYER!

Amen to that man.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am

VERY jealous i can't see this tour cos of exams :( how long do people think their set will be at sonisphere seeing as they are pretty high on th bill? Whats the chances of them playing 'Dead Skin Mask' by favourite Slayer song by far?
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

sweetman

Postby sweetman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 am

Looking forward to being killed in the pit for this. So so much. :D :D
Music is my Religion.

highwayblind

Postby highwayblind » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:43 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:VERY jealous i can't see this tour cos of exams :( how long do people think their set will be at sonisphere seeing as they are pretty high on th bill? Whats the chances of them playing 'Dead Skin Mask' by favourite Slayer song by far?

hopefully at least 45 minutes!
Upcoming Gigs:
Deaf Havana
Blink 182

Halfdeadbassist

Postby Halfdeadbassist » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:06 pm

They are far too low down on the bill, I really like the bands above Slayer in the bill, but that dosent change my opinion.

I have a bad feeling they will only get around 35 minutes, whereas they should be getting 70 - 90 in my opinion to give them time to play some older or longer songs such as "Hell Awaits" and "Chemical Warfare." Unless of course Tom's back is killing him in which case I can sympathise entirely.

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:09 pm

They'll get somewhere between 45 mins and an hour.

Machine Head were in the same slot last year and they got an hour.

and yes they probably will play dead skin mask. They played it at soni poland.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:06 pm

SLAAAAAAAAAAAYYEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!
that is all

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”