Slayer

Confirmed acts for 2010
McMenemy

Re: Slayer

Postby McMenemy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Damn. Just spent £6 on South of Heaven.

To be honest, I'm liking them more now because of that album. Christ Illusion wasn't an amazing album for me on first listen, and Reign in Blood was quite good. Really liking South of Heaven though.

sweetman

Postby sweetman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Massively looking forward to these, anyone who's seen them live recently, do they play more hits or recent album tracks?
Music is my Religion.

lewis582

Postby lewis582 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:18 pm

sweetman wrote:Massively looking forward to these, anyone who's seen them live recently, do they play more hits or recent album tracks?

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=slayer holds all the answers
Image playing Sonisphere yes please- well I can still hope for 2011
Metal Sucks, I only like post-ironic guttural slamming blackened pagan neostructuralist minimal progressive power groove sumericrabcore

sweetman

Postby sweetman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:48 pm

lewis582 wrote:
sweetman wrote:Massively looking forward to these, anyone who's seen them live recently, do they play more hits or recent album tracks?

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=slayer holds all the answers

Thank :D
Music is my Religion.

UnleashTheWolf

Postby UnleashTheWolf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Theres always gunna be some good moshing at slayer!! :music-rockon:

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 pm

playing sunday 1st august

source - http://www.slayer.net/uk/tour

sorry if this was already known
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:55 pm

UnleashTheWolf wrote:Theres always gunna be some good moshing at slayer!! :music-rockon:

SLAYERRRRRRRRRRR
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:53 am

Seeing them in Leeds in May. Gonna be popping my Slayer live cherry. Can't wait!

bunter007

Postby bunter007 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm

havent seen them since 1995 at Monster of Rock so im really looking forward to seeing them again and seeing just how far theyve progressed. hoping they play a lot of South of Heaven era stuff as im not too keen on anything past Divine Intervention.....

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

My Slayer experience was my first ever gig, since then i've seemed to shrunk in size and i'll have to be shrinking my t-shirt too, but I loved it! Was a shame we left then as we were at the back of the crowd Raining Blood started to play, I tried getting back in but my mates wanted to leave >_>

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:22 pm

bunter007 wrote:havent seen them since 1995 at Monster of Rock so im really looking forward to seeing them again and seeing just how far theyve progressed. hoping they play a lot of South of Heaven era stuff as im not too keen on anything past Divine Intervention.....

god hates us all is a good one aswell

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Ahem.......

SLAYUUUUUUUUUURGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Yes, yes, yes….frakking SLAYEEEEEEEEEEARGH!!!!!!!!! Get your Sonisphere tickets here!

Slayer have announced that they are to play their classic album, ‘Seasons In The Abyss’, in its entirety on their upcoming US run with Megadeth. Having seen the band blast through ‘Reign In Blood’ in recent times, this promises to be epic.

We’re insanely jealous of our stateside cousins but we’d welcome Slayer bringing this show to our shores for their upcoming UK tour and/or Sonisphere appearance!

from Metal Hammer - could be a potential indication of their setlist
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

x-tempus wrote:
Yes, yes, yes….frakking SLAYEEEEEEEEEEARGH!!!!!!!!! Get your Sonisphere tickets here!

Slayer have announced that they are to play their classic album, ‘Seasons In The Abyss’, in its entirety on their upcoming US run with Megadeth. Having seen the band blast through ‘Reign In Blood’ in recent times, this promises to be epic.

We’re insanely jealous of our stateside cousins but we’d welcome Slayer bringing this show to our shores for their upcoming UK tour and/or Sonisphere appearance!

Great album, would prefer if they ran through God Hates Us All or Christ Illusion

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 pm

prayforvillains wrote:
x-tempus wrote:

Great album, would prefer if they ran through God Hates Us All or Christ Illusion

NAHHH

SEASONS IS BETTER THAN BOTH OF THOSE

I don't want just songs from seasons :/ I want some others too. I can't see slayer live without hearing reign in blood

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm

prayforvillains wrote:
x-tempus wrote:

nah, Seasons is easily their second best album. it gives Reign In Blood a run for it's money as their best imo.

I'd be more than happy for them to play it on the tour (I'm seeing them in Leeds as well GHC) but for a festival where they've got 45 minutes, I think they've gotta play the classics and a few new songs (don't forget they're promoting a new albums)
can't see it for Sonisphere if I'm honest. only chance would be if they're headlining the second stage, with the set time that gives em.
:animals-cow:

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
prayforvillains wrote:

nah, Seasons is easily their second best album. it gives Reign In Blood a run for it's money as their best imo.

I'd be more than happy for them to play it on the tour (I'm seeing them in Leeds as well GHC) but for a festival where they've got 45 minutes, I think they've gotta play the classics and a few new songs (don't forget they're promoting a new albums)
can't see it for Sonisphere if I'm honest. only chance would be if they're headlining the second stage, with the set time that gives em.

I prefer the two i mentioned :( but Seasons still makes me achieve wood.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:26 pm

personally my favourite slayer album remains Reign In Blood, one of my favourite albums ever! Some of the new stuff might be nice but it'd be great to see them play a lot of their older songs
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:personally my favourite slayer album remains Reign In Blood, one of my favourite albums ever! Some of the new stuff might be nice but it'd be great to see them play a lot of their older songs

Yeah i prefer their older stuff to their new album

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 pm

I liked world painted blood quite a lot, but there is no point in arguing, because you can't beat the classics :music-headbanger:

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Gatsu wrote:I liked world painted blood quite a lot, but there is no point in arguing, because you can't beat the classics :music-headbanger:

haha yeah the classics are where it's at. Angel of Death, Disciple, Raining Blood, Seasons in the Abyss 8-)

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Gatsu wrote:I liked world painted blood quite a lot, but there is no point in arguing, because you can't beat the classics :music-headbanger:

Same, bar a few songs (playing with dolls in particular is god awful) its a great album.

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 am

Just seen these guys live in Leeds. My neck is killing me, I've completly lost my voice, and I'm deaf in both ears. All totally worth it tho', it was one hell of a performance from them.

Epic ending to the set too, when the mic cut out during Angel of Death :lol: Quality gig. Can't wait for Soni now so I can see them again!

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Thu May 27, 2010 8:08 am

guitarherocloud wrote:Just seen these guys live in Leeds. My neck is killing me, I've completly lost my voice, and I'm deaf in both ears. All totally worth it tho', it was one hell of a performance from them.

Epic ending to the set too, when the mic cut out during Angel of Death :lol: Quality gig. Can't wait for Soni now so I can see them again!

Epic :) HMV forum here in a week here i come 8-)

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Thu May 27, 2010 3:50 pm

prayforvillains wrote:
guitarherocloud wrote:Just seen these guys live in Leeds. My neck is killing me, I've completly lost my voice, and I'm deaf in both ears. All totally worth it tho', it was one hell of a performance from them.

Epic :) HMV forum here in a week here i come 8-)

Same :D

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”