Slayer

Confirmed acts for 2010
mrkilley2900623

Re: Slayer

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm

WayneMadden wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:
Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

They headlined Ozzfest in 1996 in the US

Slayer headlined the Tattoo The Planet Tour in 2001 - although due to 9/11 that tour was pretty shambolic

They also headlined a festival in the US called H82K2, and also headlined Ozzfest again in 2004 in the US

They also headlined the Mayhem Festival in 2009 and Japan's Loudpark Festival in 2006

Sorry, just wanted to point those out

according to wikipedia :
the only ones of those they headlined was Mayhem and Loudpark. dunno how big they are, but judging by bands I'd assume they're bloodstock rather than soni/download size

Slipknot's headlined mayhem before now, Loudpark seems to be Bloodstock sized though, it had Lamb of God headlining a few years back
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:07 pm

WayneMadden wrote:
skunkpussy wrote:Um why has my post been deleted?

What did you say?

Just that i wont be watching slayer as they are boring and have got worse and worse everytime iv'e seen them and iv'e seen them like 10 times i'm betting RG has something to do with it.

I don't hate Slayer i love Seasons In The Abyss,Angel Of Death,Jesus Saves etc. just there really boring live these days.
L_K moderator of love

For His mercy is great toward us; and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever
Hallelujah.

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:40 pm

skunkpussy wrote:I don't hate Slayer i love Seasons In The Abyss,Angel Of Death,Jesus Saves etc. just there really boring live these days.

I felt that Slayer were loosing it a little when I went to see them last from the time I'd seen them before that, but I do notice you have a tendency to blast a lot of the bands on this forum....do you like ANYONE other then Rammstein playing at this festival? lol
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

x2 UK Sonisphere Attendee (and Counting)

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 pm

WayneMadden wrote:
skunkpussy wrote:I don't hate Slayer i love Seasons In The Abyss,Angel Of Death,Jesus Saves etc. just there really boring live these days.

I felt that Slayer were loosing it a little when I went to see them last from the time I'd seen them before that, but I do notice you have a tendency to blast a lot of the bands on this forum....do you like ANYONE other then Rammstein playing at this festival? lol

Yep
Alice Cooper
Gary Numan
Rammstein
Fear Factory
Soulfly
Katatonia
Pendulum
Lacuna Coil
Evile
Corey Taylor
Placebo
Anthrax
Alice In Chains
Apocalyptica

enough
L_K moderator of love

Hallelujah.

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Basically it's just the sh it bands people rave on about and seeing people deciding whether to see Rammstein or Gallows or Gary Numan or Sylosis seems pretty week always watch the band that don't play very often Gallows and Sylosis are playing everywhere at the moment iv'e seen both of them numerous times by accident just gets me down.
L_K moderator of love

Hallelujah.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:24 pm

skunkpussy wrote:Basically it's just the sh it bands people rave on about and seeing people deciding whether to see Rammstein or Gallows or Gary Numan or Sylosis seems pretty week always watch the band that don't play very often Gallows and Sylosis are playing everywhere at the moment iv'e seen both of them numerous times by accident just gets me down.

it also depends on OTHER peoples personal preference not just your own! (Yes, people other than you DO have opinions!) Personally i'll be seeing Sylosis rather than Numan cos frankly, he's boring...... now, back to Slayer

Kinda dissapointed about the shortish set, a main reason for me buying my ticket was the fact that Slayer were playing! Alice In Chains above them? Ah well promises to be a kickass set (and pit)
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:34 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:
skunkpussy wrote:Basically it's just the sh it bands people rave on about and seeing people deciding whether to see Rammstein or Gallows or Gary Numan or Sylosis seems pretty week always watch the band that don't play very often Gallows and Sylosis are playing everywhere at the moment iv'e seen both of them numerous times by accident just gets me down.

it also depends on OTHER peoples personal preference not just your own! (Yes, people other than you DO have opinions!) Personally i'll be seeing Sylosis rather than Numan cos frankly, he's boring...... now, back to Slayer

Kinda dissapointed about the shortish set, a main reason for me buying my ticket was the fact that Slayer were playing! Alice In Chains above them? Ah well promises to be a kickass set (and pit)

Nein don't try and change the subject bro people need to watch the legends how dare you say Numan is boring you harlot i have the last word in everything RG will tell you i hear anyone at the festival saying there watching Sylosis i will kick them in the fu cking head you hear me :-x
L_K moderator of love

Hallelujah.

Grables

Postby Grables » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

You need to chill out mate

thepsychicruskie

Postby thepsychicruskie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 pm

if he is all over the forums bashing bands then he is just trolling so ignore him. Ima be at sylosis over numan too :D though gonna have to make a bit of a rush from the start of the MOTR set cos i dont wana miss that dino wall of death :music-rockon:

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 pm

thepsychicruskie wrote:if he is all over the forums bashing bands then he is just trolling so ignore him. Ima be at sylosis over numan too :D though gonna have to make a bit of a rush from the start of the MOTR set cos i dont wana miss that dino wall of death :music-rockon:

You will be kicked in the head first iv'e decided.

Anyway a man of the cloth could never be a troll.
L_K moderator of love

Hallelujah.

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Looking forward to Slayer, were good at the Forum last month, gonna be some brutal mosh pits! :music-rockon:

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am

bloodandthunder wrote:Looking forward to Slayer, were good at the Forum last month, gonna be some brutal mosh pits! :music-rockon:

Best of the weekend? I'm certainly going into the Slayer pit
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 am

mrkilley2900623 wrote:Best of the weekend? I'm certainly going into the Slayer pit

I'd say so
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 pm

I would say Slayer are second to Maiden, with Anthrax as my third favourite

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

i'd say slayer and maiden are amongst my favourite, pendulum are up there as well and so are turisas
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:i'd say slayer and maiden are amongst my favourite, pendulum are up there as well and so are turisas

Not Anthrax? :?
But yeah Pendulum and Turisas good shouts :D

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Anthrax.... yeah kinda looking forward to them kinda preffered bush tho (please don't kill me) never seen them live either, but it should be a fun set watching Anthrax, just not up there as waiting for ahges to see at this fest
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

MatMan562

Postby MatMan562 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 am

I am very much looking forward to Slayer, I'm only looking forward to Maiden more. I recently saw Slayer for the first time in Birmingham and it was the best night of my life, I was at the front for the first time at a concert and to top it all off, I caught Kerry King's pick!!! :music-headbanger: I'm hoping this will be one of my first mosh pits as well :music-rockon:

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 am

WayneMadden wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:Slayer have never got as high as sub headlining a major fest to the best of my knowledge

They headlined Ozzfest in 1996 in the US

Slayer headlined the Tattoo The Planet Tour in 2001 - although due to 9/11 that tour was pretty shambolic

They also headlined a festival in the US called H82K2, and also headlined Ozzfest again in 2004 in the US

They also headlined the Mayhem Festival in 2009 and Japan's Loudpark Festival in 2006

Sorry, just wanted to point those out

They also headlined the Unholy Alliance tour...I should know, I have a t-shirt to prove it!

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:15 am

MatMan562 wrote:I am very much looking forward to Slayer, I'm only looking forward to Maiden more. I recently saw Slayer for the first time in Birmingham and it was the best night of my life, I was at the front for the first time at a concert and to top it all off, I caught Kerry King's pick!!! :music-headbanger: I'm hoping this will be one of my first mosh pits as well :music-rockon:

one of your FIRST? Woa! Slayer? hahaha, good luck maybe i'll see you in there
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 am

mrkilley2900623 wrote:Anthrax.... yeah kinda looking forward to them kinda preffered bush tho (please don't kill me) never seen them live either, but it should be a fun set watching Anthrax, just not up there as waiting for ahges to see at this fest

Controversial stuff :P But always wanted to see them with Joey. Each to their own I guess.
mrkilley2900623 wrote:
MatMan562 wrote:I am very much looking forward to Slayer, I'm only looking forward to Maiden more. I recently saw Slayer for the first time in Birmingham and it was the best night of my life, I was at the front for the first time at a concert and to top it all off, I caught Kerry King's pick!!! :music-headbanger: I'm hoping this will be one of my first mosh pits as well :music-rockon:

one of your FIRST? Woa! Slayer? hahaha, good luck maybe i'll see you in there

Gonna be my first Slayer mosh pit too I think. See you all in the pit in a few short days!

MatMan562

Postby MatMan562 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Haha, I will hopefully see you both in the pit, I'm using Evile as my warm up (and first mosh) to be fully ready for Slayer :D

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 pm

MatMan562 wrote:Haha, I will hopefully see you both in the pit, I'm using Evile as my warm up (and first mosh) to be fully ready for Slayer :D

i'll probably be in there for quite a few pits so i might not be in the slaye rone the entire set, gonna be moshing like crazy to Turisas though
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:i'll probably be in there for quite a few pits so i might not be in the slaye rone the entire set, gonna be moshing like crazy to Turisas though

That's gonna be an interesting one, I'm wondering how many mosh pits will open up on the Friday night with Europe, Gary Numan and Alice Cooper on the bill....my guess, none
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am

Turisas will definitely have some, so will Sylosis who I'm watching instead of Numan. Don't think many other bands on Friday Main-stage other than Turisas will have pits though
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”