Fear Factory

Confirmed acts for 2010
noobpotato

Re: Fear Factory

Postby noobpotato » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Longman666 wrote:Prays that the y dont pull out of Soni! :bow-yellow:

As far as i know the dispute over the FF name (what made them pull out last year, not the retarded album gooseberry) is close to ending, and besides, surely they wouldn't let them tour/release a new album if they weren't able to use the name. I think its pretty safe to expect them to stay this year.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Longman666 wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:
Hit The Lights wrote:not sure if they ever played songs off concrete and archetype wasn't a dino album but it's still really good.

they're not gonna play the song Archetype are they? :lol:

"The Infection has been removed!
The soul of this machine has improved!"

I'm just guessing here........... but I think that song was about kicking Dino out

Ooh controversial!!

Or not....whichever. lol

not really, I just don't imagine him putting it on the setlist is all
:animals-cow:

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

noobpotato wrote:
Longman666 wrote:Prays that the y dont pull out of Soni! :bow-yellow:

As far as i know the dispute over the FF name (what made them pull out last year, not the retarded album gooseberry) is close to ending, and besides, surely they wouldn't let them tour/release a new album if they weren't able to use the name. I think its pretty safe to expect them to stay this year.

yeh good point well made there! that gooseberry with the name last year was a bit gay mind.
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

Hodgieoreoh

Postby Hodgieoreoh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:01 pm

I absolutely adore the drumming in FF, has to be their best aspect. P:
ONE | OF | 83 :D
please use my fmc code:1K975448 when ordering tickets for sonisphere 2010! ;D x
oh! pm me if you've used it and i'll see if i can do something for you. <3 P:

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Hodgieoreoh wrote:I absolutely adore the drumming in FF, has to be their best aspect. P:

the drumming on the new stuff doesnt seem half bad either!
ImageImage
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Longman666 wrote:
Hodgieoreoh wrote:I absolutely adore the drumming in FF, has to be their best aspect. P:

Aye, different drummer mind

I love the drumming style, Raymond Herrera is easily one of my favourite drummers

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
Longman666 wrote:

Aye, different drummer mind

I love the drumming style, Raymond Herrera is easily one of my favourite drummers

Yes, different drummer, i know that. But still alright. lol
ImageImage

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 am

Hit The Lights wrote:http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=55F64C6DFF9879F3&search_query=mechanize

go nuts

so i dont know if u know....but all these videos are now unavailable...i just went to listen to it from my favourite web pages and it said that it had been taken down cos of some copyright or something
ImageImage

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Hope they're here to stay on the Soni lineup this year - it'll be the first time of seeing them since 2002
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

triaxis wrote:Hope they're here to stay on the Soni lineup this year - it'll be the first time of seeing them since 2002

i cant even remember when it was i saw em play in cardiff its been so long!!!! it may even have been in the 90's!!!! Oh eck chief!
ImageImage

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 pm

when I heard that Mechanize got a 9/10 in Metal Hammer I got interested, then when I realised they were on the soni lineup I thought I better check them out, so got Digimortal and loved it. Thus can't wait to see them at Soni

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Gatsu wrote:when I heard that Mechanize got a 9/10 in Metal Hammer I got interested, then when I realised they were on the soni lineup I thought I better check them out, so got Digimortal and loved it. Thus can't wait to see them at Soni

9/10 u say? Mechanize is a really good album...u can find most if not all of the songs on youtube if u do a bit of searching..its out sometime in feb i think?? i should really get hooked up on the back catalogue...i only have Demanufacture. oops. lol
ImageImage

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Longman666 wrote:
Gatsu wrote:when I heard that Mechanize got a 9/10 in Metal Hammer I got interested, then when I realised they were on the soni lineup I thought I better check them out, so got Digimortal and loved it. Thus can't wait to see them at Soni

9/10 u say? Mechanize is a really good album...u can find most if not all of the songs on youtube if u do a bit of searching..its out sometime in feb i think?? i should really get hooked up on the back catalogue...i only have Demanufacture. oops. lol

I've heard Digimortal is possibly their poorest album tbh. I can't really comment cos I dont own it, but I will say Demanufacture is indisputably a classic album by ANY standard.

Obsolete is awesome as well, but if I was recommending one FF album, it would be Demanufacture without hesitation. I've also got Archtype and Transgression. both good albums, but not classics. Transgression isn't really the Fear Factory "sound" imo, it's a lot more straightforward rock, not the cyber metal they're famous for.

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:I've heard Digimortal is possibly their poorest album tbh. I can't really comment cos I dont own it, but I will say Demanufacture is indisputably a classic album by ANY standard.

Obsolete is awesome as well, but if I was recommending one FF album, it would be Demanufacture without hesitation. I've also got Archtype and Transgression. both good albums, but not classics. Transgression isn't really the Fear Factory "sound" imo, it's a lot more straightforward rock, not the cyber metal they're famous for.

My sister has Obsolete and maybe Archetype....maybe i should scrounge them off her....hmmm. lol. The Demanufacture album is also kinda technically hers..but its in my room so there. hahaha. Didnt they do a Re-manufacture aswell??? or am i making that up in my head?? Ill say this for Mechanize..it reminds me a lot of Demanufacture
ImageImage

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Longman666 wrote:Didnt they do a Re-manufacture aswell???

that's kinda a remix album as far as I know. they've done that a couple of other times as well. Not heard anything from it tbh

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
Longman666 wrote:Didnt they do a Re-manufacture aswell???

that's kinda a remix album as far as I know. they've done that a couple of other times as well. Not heard anything from it tbh

yeh it is, i think i ended up with a song off it on my ipod somehow...i may even have the album itself somewhere. Think the song i got is Zero Signal...or New Breed...cant remember.
ImageImage

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
Hit The Lights wrote:not sure if they ever played songs off concrete and archetype wasn't a dino album but it's still really good.

I'm just guessing here........... but I think that song was about kicking Dino out

The title track "Archetype" is directed at ex-guitarist Dino Cazares: "The infection has been removed/The soul of this machine has improved." Frontman Burton C. Bell has said in an interview that "'Archetype,' defines what Fear Factory is, completely. It has classic Fear Factory parts, and the heavy /melodic vocals, but without being forced or contrived."

and by that logic that they won't play stuff from non-Dino albums, they won't play anything from Transgression or Archetype.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Hysteria wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:

The title track "Archetype" is directed at ex-guitarist Dino Cazares: "The infection has been removed/The soul of this machine has improved." Frontman Burton C. Bell has said in an interview that "'Archetype,' defines what Fear Factory is, completely. It has classic Fear Factory parts, and the heavy /melodic vocals, but without being forced or contrived."

and by that logic that they won't play stuff from non-Dino albums, they won't play anything from Transgression or Archetype.

........... are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Whether they play non Dino stuff or not (and I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt at all) I'd expect them to miss that one out.

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

They have enough material to completely miss out those albums, though I would like to hear some stuff from them off both of those albums, regardless, song meanings really shouldn't stiffle a band's setlist...

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Hysteria wrote:They have enough material to completely miss out those albums, though I would like to hear some stuff from them off both of those albums, regardless, song meanings really shouldn't stiffle a band's setlist...

I'd agree, but would you really want to play a song about what a cock you are? or sing a song about what a cock the guy stood 5 feet away from you is?
I'm not expecting anything from those albums, (mainly because they have other more respected albums) much as I'd like to hear Cyberwaste.

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:I'd agree, but would you really want to play a song about what a cock you are? or sing a song about what a cock the guy stood 5 feet away from you is?

that could b interesting! lol
ImageImage

Hodgieoreoh

Postby Hodgieoreoh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm going to make sure I'm there for the end where they play final exit. Will be amazing, I love that song! =P
ONE | OF | 83 :D
please use my fmc code:1K975448 when ordering tickets for sonisphere 2010! ;D x
oh! pm me if you've used it and i'll see if i can do something for you. <3 P:

Longman666

Postby Longman666 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:16 am

Hodgieoreoh wrote:I'm going to make sure I'm there for the end where they play final exit. Will be amazing, I love that song! =P

THIS!!!

i love it too! i doubt they will play it at the end tho. but there we r
ImageImage

NINtallica

Postby NINtallica » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Looking forward to this a lot, and seeing them tomorrow night in Camden! Awesome!

Last time I saw FF it was my first festival - Donington '96
Upcoming:
Combichrist (Camden), Avenged Sevenfold (Brixton), Disturbed/Papa Roach/Buckcherry/Halestorm (Wembley)

Gatsu

Postby Gatsu » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Can't wait to see these guys, I have listened to Digimortal and Mechanize, any other recommendations album wise? AND I thought that there was meant to be a Soni announcement on Valentines Day, anyone know what happened to that?

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”