Rammstein

Confirmed acts for 2010
ANXIETY

Re: Rammstein

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Dave2 wrote:I was really looking forward to Rammstein. It's the artist I listen to most according to last.fm. I've not seen them before. I had a pretty good position; http://temp.jpgclan.com/2010-07-31-beforerammstein.jpeg . I had been waiting there for an hour and a half, after all.

Then, just as the black sheet dropped, some utter knobend chucked a full bottle of pepsi which hit me in the back of the head, and then I started bleeding profusely. I was then taken from the crowd, walked past the front of the stage, into the medic tent, where my friend soon joined me. I didn't even get to see the German flag go; I was walking past as it was up. I was then taken by ambulance to the medical station thingy, where they glued my head.

Once I was let go, after an hour, we legged it back (from the far side) to try to at least catch some of the music. Our new position was http://temp.jpgclan.com/2010-07-31-afterrammstein.jpeg . I am short. I could see pretty much nothing. We got to see 3 songs, at least.

Whoever the guy (or girl) is who chucked the pepsi: thanks a lot, you utter utter rat-a-tat-tat. I can't actually think of words strong enough to accurately reflect my feelings.

At least I seem to be fine now, even if I can't wash my hair for a few days. Although apparently my blood pressure was a bit high. I can't imagine why this might be.

(I felt that this was probably worthy of boosting my post count to 2.)

I think I saw this happen. Was on you on the right facing the stage? If it wasn't you it happened to someone else aswell. I think if you're going to throw a bottle, then you should atleast take the lid of so it doesn't hurt as much. It can be benificial if it is just water to cool a few people down although it is still a nuisence. Some people got very annoyed with the bottle wars this year as people started to throw everything they could e.g, Condoms filled with piss, sun cream, glasses, clothing. They where ones that I saw.

As for Rammstein. Words cannot describe how brilliant they actually where. Best band I have ever seen live, and I believe that is not going to change in a hurry.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm

The Crunch wrote:One of the best bands I've ever seen, but gutted there wasn't Engel like on the rest of the tour. Anyone know why it was cut short?

I think it was pretty much impossible. In the arena tour he was able to walk up a ramp under the drums...but with all the festival shows it couldn't happen without the ramp. There wasn't enough room at the sides either to walk out with the wings :\

Still the best band of the weekend!

The Crunch

Postby The Crunch » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Ramm91 wrote:
The Crunch wrote:One of the best bands I've ever seen, but gutted there wasn't Engel like on the rest of the tour. Anyone know why it was cut short?

I think it was pretty much impossible. In the arena tour he was able to walk up a ramp under the drums...but with all the festival shows it couldn't happen without the ramp. There wasn't enough room at the sides either to walk out with the wings :\

Still the best band of the weekend!

That just makes me more annoyed it didn't happen! Sounds too epic!

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Ok...I'm close to breaking down lol but serious...

I was just informed Rammstein were in the signing tent :|

I could have met my #1 band ever if I had just checked the kerrang tent for updates...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :(

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Ramm91 wrote:Ok...I'm close to breaking down lol but serious...

I could have met my #1 band ever if I had just checked the kerrang tent for updates...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :(

I saw it when I queued for Papa Roach. Was a massive surprise. 3 hour line though :/
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:54 pm

ANXIETY wrote:
Ramm91 wrote:Ok...I'm close to breaking down lol but serious...

I saw it when I queued for Papa Roach. Was a massive surprise. 3 hour line though :/

Yeah, I spoke to one of the security guys there and he said in the end they had to turn people away before they got a chance to get in because otherwise the band just wouldn't leave on time. I'd have loved to get something signed but not worth it, ultimately :/

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the dimensions of the German flag they used? 50ft by 30ft, maybe?

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Someone who was on my coach home said an older guy who was camping next to him said that Saturday was supposed to be Rammstein's last ever show because Till has Ocholophobia (fear of crowds).

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Someone who was on my coach home said an older guy who was camping next to him said that Saturday was supposed to be Rammstein's last ever show because Till has Ocholophobia (fear of crowds).

He always seems rather timid but I'm not sure if thats true, I've heard he gets rather nervous infront of crowds, whether someone heard it and exaggerated it into a phobia I don't know. Also heard it may be they last show just because they want to settle down with their families and stuff :( gutted I've only seen them twice in my lifetime

They were fucking amazing though I thought. So powerful and dramatic, it gave me chills when Rammlied started, and Fruhling in Paris was... ugh I can't describe it, was just so powerful!
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 pm

It would be quite good to tell people "I saw Rammstein's last ever show" though. It'd make them well jealous.

Anyone know why they only played 90 minutes instead of 2 hours like every other headline band?

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It would be quite good to tell people "I saw Rammstein's last ever show" though. It'd make them well jealous.

Anyone know why they only played 90 minutes instead of 2 hours like every other headline band?

I think there may have been stuff they were going to do (from their tour) but weren't allowed to do it at fest for some reason :? I can't think of any other reason
Sexual Style-Rampant

Dave2

Postby Dave2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:Same, didn't really like Rammlied much before that!

Ha, I now have the opposite. I liked Rammlied. Now it (along with most of LIFAD to a lesser extent) just reminds me of being behind the stage, being able to hear, being so close to the action, but not being able to see anything, and so utterly pisses me off.

ANXIETY wrote:I think I saw this happen. Was on you on the right facing the stage? If it wasn't you it happened to someone else aswell.

It probably wasn't me - I was on the left hand side, in front of the second set of barriers.

( http://temp.jpgclan.com/2010-07-31-utteruttertwat.ogv is highly exciting footage showing just how horrible the timing was. That should work in recent Firefox and Chrome and probably Opera. Want to stab so badly. There could not have been a worse possible time. I am still filled with rage.)
FMC code: 1k939113. The lowest level 3 years in a row \o/.

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Someone who was on my coach home said an older guy who was camping next to him said that Saturday was supposed to be Rammstein's last ever show because Till has Ocholophobia (fear of crowds).

Hehe nope...they have 5 dates in South America in November/December. Also the plan is to go to North America and then return to Europe. So don't worry ;)

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:It would be quite good to tell people "I saw Rammstein's last ever show" though. It'd make them well jealous.

I think there may have been stuff they were going to do (from their tour) but weren't allowed to do it at fest for some reason :? I can't think of any other reason

It's not that they weren't allowed to. They were put down to have a 2 hour slot by the organisers just because they were the headliner, but they hadn't actually asked Rammstein how long their show would be. But the set they happened to have was only ever going to be that long (it was the same at the other Sonisphere)

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Korikon wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:

It's not that they weren't allowed to. They were put down to have a 2 hour slot by the organisers just because they were the headliner, but they hadn't actually asked Rammstein how long their show would be. But the set they happened to have was only ever going to be that long (it was the same at the other Sonisphere)

I know other people have said this, is there a source? If they've been playing longer for their tour I don't know why they'd play so short for a fest if they knew they had time for more :?
Sexual Style-Rampant

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:I know other people have said this, is there a source? If they've been playing longer for their tour I don't know why they'd play so short for a fest if they knew they had time for more :?

There was in another thread, I think, but I can't remember which one. I'll go dig it out later.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Ramm91 wrote:

Hehe nope...they have 5 dates in South America in November/December. Also the plan is to go to North America and then return to Europe. So don't worry ;)

Ah right. It was probably a rumour started from something like "Their first and last ever outdoor show in the UK" which was shortened to "last show ever". I'm not worrying anyway. I'm not a fan and seeing them live once is enough for me.

zdarlight

Postby zdarlight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Well, I've never been a huge Rammstein fan, but after seeing them live, I can safely say they're one of those bands who you really do just have to see live. I finally 'get' them. Perhaps I just haven't listened to them loud enough before ;)

Photos, anyone?

I got quite a few crowd shots too, so if you were in the front few rows near the centre of the barrier, have a gander at the rest of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophigarrett/sets/72157624526811015

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

zdarlight wrote:I got quite a few crowd shots too, so if you were in the front few rows near the centre of the barrier, have a gander at the rest of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophigarrett/sets/72157624526811015

WOW! Thank you big time! I've been looking for pro photos of the show, many thanks again! :D

corney91

Postby corney91 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 am

Ramm91 wrote:
zdarlight wrote:I got quite a few crowd shots too, so if you were in the front few rows near the centre of the barrier, have a gander at the rest of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophigarrett/sets/72157624526811015

WOW! Thank you big time! I've been looking for pro photos of the show, many thanks again! :D

THIS. Many times over :text-bravo:

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:43 am

I'm bookmarking that shit, thanks <3
Sexual Style-Rampant

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 am

I love the one of the Security guys getting foamed lol.

Lonstex

Postby Lonstex » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Cool pictures mate. What camera were you using if you don't mind me asking?

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:16 pm

So how were people for Rammstein in the 'comfortable factor'?

I wasn't very comfortable at all. 4th row on the right of the stage, total squash ending with bruised ribs. At one point I couldn't put my left foot on the ground due to too many feet. Plus that kind of took my attention off the band sometimes :\

How about you guys?

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Well my friend said he got very annoyed at being pushed about and squashed by the people around him, whereas I was alright. Bit surprising really, he's 6'3 and I'm 5'2 so it's normally the other way round :lol:. Yeah it did get a bit crowded for some of the more popular songs but generally I found it much better than previous gigs I've been to. Last year for Linkin Park he had to pull me further away from the stage because I got knocked over, but this time I held my place.

Only thing that did annoy me was some foo foo lighting up a cigarette in the middle of Sonne and almost burning my hair ¬__¬

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”