Rammstein

Confirmed acts for 2010
duncang

Re: Rammstein

Postby duncang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:42 pm

They were just trying to replicate the experience of being at the barrier for you!

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Ramm91 wrote:So how were people for Rammstein in the 'comfortable factor'?

I wasn't very comfortable at all. 4th row on the right of the stage, total squash ending with bruised ribs. At one point I couldn't put my left foot on the ground due to too many feet. Plus that kind of took my attention off the band sometimes :\

How about you guys?

I had an awesome spot, could see the stage and the screens, was pretty far forward. Had enough space to mosh, got involved in a few pits and mostly danced and sang like a maniac the entire time.
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 am

Sounds like you guys had much better spots then me. I wish I had moved back a bit and got more central. Down the front it was a choice of having your arms up to interact with the band or to have them down and look boring...needless to say my arms were very tired lol :P

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 am

Ramm91 wrote:Sounds like you guys had much better spots then me. I wish I had moved back a bit and got more central. Down the front it was a choice of having your arms up to interact with the band or to have them down and look boring...needless to say my arms were very tired lol :P

Well I was to the left of the stage, about 5, 6 rows in front of the T bar separating the front part of the crowd. Don't get me wrong, I'm only short and couldn't see gooseberry the entire time (I didn't even know when they brought the dinghy out at first :( ) but that's pretty much a given thing with concerts. I've found that it's still best to try to be a little further back, and not pushing right to the front, because you don't get so much of a squash.

zdarlight

Postby zdarlight » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 am

Lonstex wrote:
zdarlight wrote:I got quite a few crowd shots too, so if you were in the front few rows near the centre of the barrier, have a gander at the rest of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophigarrett/sets/72157624526811015

Cool pictures mate. What camera were you using if you don't mind me asking?

Just a little Canon G7 compact - I wasn't expecting to land myself in the photo pit at Soni but I kind of lucked out with passes so I had to make do with what I had on me ;)

And thanks for the comments everyone! Glad people appreciate the photos... I've been getting a ridiculous amount of traffic on flickr which is bewildering to say the least! (even if it is pretty flattering :oops:)

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Korikon wrote:Well I was to the left of the stage, about 5, 6 rows in front of the T bar separating the front part of the crowd. Don't get me wrong, I'm only short and couldn't see gooseberry the entire time (I didn't even know when they brought the dinghy out at first :( ) but that's pretty much a given thing with concerts. I've found that it's still best to try to be a little further back, and not pushing right to the front, because you don't get so much of a squash.

Yeah I remember from my younger days it was a bitch seeing gooseberry down the front. :\

On another note, I'm hoping Rammstein will be shown tomorrow night on the highlights show on scuzz :D Waidmanns Heil would make me very happy.

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Someone should film it and upload it somewhere :( I'm not in tomorrow night.

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Korikon wrote:Someone should film it and upload it somewhere :( I'm not in tomorrow night.

Sky+ set ;)

Its totally lame though...before it was meant to be 1 hour...its now been reduced to 40 mins :|

Ah well, better then nothing I guess :\

TheSunDanceKid

Postby TheSunDanceKid » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Very underwhelming wasn't a full stage show and the setlist was awful nothing like the reise reise tour now that was amazing perfect setlist as well gonna be heading of to one of there arena shows abroad soon which will probs be Germany and stay with my family in the black forest :) best way too see them.
Like a phoenix i rise from the ashes

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 am

TheSunDanceKid wrote:Very underwhelming wasn't a full stage show and the setlist was awful nothing like the reise reise tour now that was amazing perfect setlist as well gonna be heading of to one of there arena shows abroad soon which will probs be Germany and stay with my family in the black forest :) best way too see them.

They don't currently have any german dates...and the setlist would be the same as Sonisphere except you would also get 'weisses fleisch' and 'engel'. Personally I thought the setlist was perfect :)

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Ramm91 wrote:
TheSunDanceKid wrote:Very underwhelming wasn't a full stage show and the setlist was awful nothing like the reise reise tour now that was amazing perfect setlist as well gonna be heading of to one of there arena shows abroad soon which will probs be Germany and stay with my family in the black forest :) best way too see them.

They don't currently have any german dates...and the setlist would be the same as Sonisphere except you would also get 'weisses fleisch' and 'engel'. Personally I thought the setlist was perfect :)

I wouldn't call the setlist "perfect" - it was good, but with room for improvement. Eg. Engel and Reise Reise would have been nice touches. And in my heart of hearts, I think I'm still hoping that one day I will get to see them play "Stripped" :(

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:37 pm

frakking phenomenal :shock:

Everything was perfect. Amazing entrance onto the stage, excellent choice of songs (though it could have been longer) the sound was amazing, they were frakking tight and OMG their showmanship was so professional and brilliantly done. I like bands that don't talk, but instead just get on with the show and perform like they are larger than life. You could tell that they know they are awesome and they can pretty much get away with anything. The only band that comes to close in terms of awesomeness is Metallica, but even they will struggle to have the same mind blowing factor that Rammstien have.

AverageJoe

Postby AverageJoe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Amazing. Already seen them a month ago a bit further away to get a good view (stage was quite raised) but this time I had a great view! Was at the front right around the middle, right next to the barriers seperating the front. Me and my girlfriend saw the band at a perfect angle, and still got to touch Flakes boat and got foamy! It was great fun and worth missing the crue!

My main problem with the setlist was that they didn't play ohne dich, but when we were leaving a piano version was played on the speakers, which was cool.

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 pm

AverageJoe wrote:Amazing. Already seen them a month ago a bit further away to get a good view (stage was quite raised) but this time I had a great view! Was at the front right around the middle, right next to the barriers seperating the front. Me and my girlfriend saw the band at a perfect angle, and still got to touch Flakes boat and got foamy! It was great fun and worth missing the crue!

My main problem with the setlist was that they didn't play ohne dich, but when we were leaving a piano version was played on the speakers, which was cool.

Glad to hear you had a good time dude, haven't spoke in ages

I was very surprised/happy to see Kerrang gave Rammstein 5/5...compared to some Spanish festival where they reviewed them as 3/5.

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Rammstein were the best band of the weekend. Fact.
Sexual Style-Rampant

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:21 am

I was really disapointed with Rammstein personally, expected them to go off with a bang but really didn't see that many explosions. Even the performance was a little boring to me, only part i enjoyed was the dinghy. Could have been where i was standing though.
:animals-cow:

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:32 am

Ross wrote:I was really disapointed with Rammstein personally, expected them to go off with a bang but really didn't see that many explosions. Even the performance was a little boring to me, only part i enjoyed was the dinghy. Could have been where i was standing though.

Where were you standing? Cause for me and many others they were the band of the weekend. Towards the very end, the four lighting rigs at the near of the stage each exploded while half colapsing...then of course a huge explosion from behind the stage filling the air...seemed pretty 'bang-ish' if you ask me. :)

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:01 am

Ramm91 wrote:
Ross wrote:I was really disapointed with Rammstein personally, expected them to go off with a bang but really didn't see that many explosions. Even the performance was a little boring to me, only part i enjoyed was the dinghy. Could have been where i was standing though.

Where were you standing? Cause for me and many others they were the band of the weekend. Towards the very end, the four lighting rigs at the near of the stage each exploded while half colapsing...then of course a huge explosion from behind the stage filling the air...seemed pretty 'bang-ish' if you ask me. :)

They went off with more of a bang than Sunday night, which is a shame, would have prefered to end the festival with more oomph. Did you miss the fireworks along the wires to and from the stage, the exploding bathtub, flames coming from Til's face etc lots of bang imo!
Sexual Style-Rampant

Dave2

Postby Dave2 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey, I only got to see the last 3 songs and there seemed to be a decent number of explosions and bits of fire just in those (definitely a lot of fire for Sonne, I seem to recall explosions in Ich Will). I also remember hearing quite a few bangs from behind the stage, although I guess they could've been less visually impressive. I didn't think the performance was boring either, although this could well have been swayed by being a fan and being utterly pissed off and determined to catch some of it.
FMC code: 1k939113. The lowest level 3 years in a row \o/.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:
Ramm91 wrote:

They went off with more of a bang than Sunday night, which is a shame, would have prefered to end the festival with more oomph. Did you miss the fireworks along the wires to and from the stage, the exploding bathtub, flames coming from Til's face etc lots of bang imo!

I saw the bathtub, didn't see the flames from Till's mouth, i'd see them again if they played a festival that ui was at again though, as i might have been a little concused from the Gallows and was in a lot of pain from that, so couldn't concentrate on the show properly.

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Ross wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:
Ramm91 wrote:Where were you standing? Cause for me and many others they were the band of the weekend. Towards the very end, the four lighting rigs at the near of the stage each exploded while half colapsing...then of course a huge explosion from behind the stage filling the air...seemed pretty 'bang-ish' if you ask me. :)

I saw the bathtub, didn't see the flames from Till's mouth, i'd see them again if they played a festival that ui was at again though, as i might have been a little concused from the Gallows and was in a lot of pain from that, so couldn't concentrate on the show properly.

Good luck hoping to see Rammstein at another UK festival :lol:
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 am

GearsCT wrote:Good luck hoping to see Rammstein at another UK festival :lol:

Well it was never dubbed the one and only UK festival performance...so who knows? :)

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 pm

GearsCT wrote:
Good luck hoping to see Rammstein at another UK festival :lol:

Going to start going to other europe festivals soon. Heading to hellfest next year, might do waken or something in the next few years as well.

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Ramm91 wrote:
GearsCT wrote:Good luck hoping to see Rammstein at another UK festival :lol:

Well it was never dubbed the one and only UK festival performance...so who knows? :)

I think it's pretty certain that this will be the only one they do. For a while at least. Till has always said he would want to break off from the band soon anyway.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 pm

GearsCT wrote:Till has always said he would want to break off from the band soon anyway.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! :(
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”