Rammstein

Confirmed acts for 2010
Disgruntled Jim

Re: Rammstein

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
MalevolentJim wrote:
Same here,I just don't get the appeal.I thought Du Hast (or something) was pretty alright though.I don't mind them but you won't see me pushing through the crowd with a battering ram just to see them.

It's the live show that's always intrigued me. There's definitely an appeal there. :D

Yeah,I'm deffo curious about their set.I hope they use the pyro well :P

skunkpussy

Postby skunkpussy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

MalevolentJim wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:
MalevolentJim wrote:
Same here,I just don't get the appeal.I thought Du Hast (or something) was pretty alright though.I don't mind them but you won't see me pushing through the crowd with a battering ram just to see them.

It's the live show that's always intrigued me. There's definitely an appeal there. :D

Yeah,I'm deffo curious about their set.I hope they use the pyro well :P

It's Rammstein were talking about the pyro will be fu cking amazing don't you worry :D
L_K moderator of love

For His mercy is great toward us; and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever
Hallelujah.

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 pm

They have a crossbow that shoots fecking fireworks, that's all that needs to be said.

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Rammstein are one of those bands who are very popular but I've never taken much interest in personally. I've heard some of their songs now and again and thought "This is ok" but I've never made any effort to get into them properly. Could someone recommend me a few songs to download so I an a little bit more familiar with them before Saturday evening?

Sonne
Ich Will
Feuer Frei!
Pussy
Ich Tu Dir Weh
Mein Teil
Waidmanns Heil
Du Hast
Links 234

A mini playlist :) You'll enjoy the show whatever you think of the music anyway ;)

thiggy

Postby thiggy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 am

A couple of side facts for those of you interested...

If Rammstein parked all their trucks up front to back to would stretch over 1km in distance.

At Rock Werchter festival in Belgium, the organiser said that Rammstein cost 1.2m euros for their performance - the highest costing artist in the festivals history.

It is their last tour date on the current 2009/2010 tour which could very well be their last tour, Till has said he does not want to continue playing longer than he is 50, he is currently 48 (I think), Rammstein generally only tour once every 4/5 years so make your own minds up.....
MCFC

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:48 am

thiggy wrote:A couple of side facts for those of you interested...

If Rammstein parked all their trucks up front to back to would stretch over 1km in distance.

At Rock Werchter festival in Belgium, the organiser said that Rammstein cost 1.2m euros for their performance - the highest costing artist in the festivals history.

It is their last tour date on the current 2009/2010 tour which could very well be their last tour, Till has said he does not want to continue playing longer than he is 50, he is currently 48 (I think), Rammstein generally only tour once every 4/5 years so make your own minds up.....

Nice ;) and yeah I heard that too about costing around 1.3 million euros...insane! However...the band are going to continue touring...they have booked a football stadium in argentina which holds a tastey 60,000. Then they will go on to south america before heading back to europe...thats the plan it seems from interviews. Touring is meant to last 2.5 years for this album...oh and Till's 47 ;)

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll download some of those mofos later. :)

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 am

Black Wizard wrote:Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll download some of those mofos later. :)

Enjoy! :)

mike20070

Postby mike20070 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 am

Till is 47 which leaves enough time for another tour/album. I imagine there will be one more tour
Make the last few days go away already

thiggy

Postby thiggy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:38 am

Ramm91 wrote:
thiggy wrote:A couple of side facts for those of you interested...

Nice ;) and yeah I heard that too about costing around 1.3 million euros...insane! However...the band are going to continue touring...they have booked a football stadium in argentina which holds a tastey 60,000. Then they will go on to south america before heading back to europe...thats the plan it seems from interviews. Touring is meant to last 2.5 years for this album...oh and Till's 47 ;)

Yeah I thought they may do South America due to them cancelling a few dates from the last tour (Cancelled dates were in South America) plus they are hugely loved in Mexico, Argentina etc so that would make sense.

Presume the Americans (North) are going to miss out then.
MCFC

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:56 am

thiggy wrote:Yeah I thought they may do South America due to them cancelling a few dates from the last tour (Cancelled dates were in South America) plus they are hugely loved in Mexico, Argentina etc so that would make sense.

Presume the Americans (North) are going to miss out then.

Nope...North America was originally planned for the end of this year, obviously not happening but Richard has said he would like to play 2 big shows either side of the country with some smaller shows else where in the US...I think I'm right in saying that anyway. Sounds like you know your stuff thiggy, a big fan? :P

lavatat

Postby lavatat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:18 am

The latest album was recorded in america so they will probably tour there but not got a good record been arested before in the us for indecency

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 am

lavatat wrote:The latest album was recorded in america so they will probably tour there but not got a good record been arested before in the us for indecency

lol yeah, then again they don't do that act anymore so things should be fine.

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am

Ramm91 wrote:
lavatat wrote:The latest album was recorded in america so they will probably tour there but not got a good record been arested before in the us for indecency

lol yeah, then again they don't do that act anymore so things should be fine.

Was this the Bück Dich act? Americans are such homophobic prudes sometimes

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 pm

bloodandthunder wrote:Was this the Bück Dich act? Americans are such homophobic prudes sometimes

Yeah. It was amusing how they were just given a $25 fine + one night in jail...but attempted to appeal the fine and spent more in legal fees and court fees haha

Dave2

Postby Dave2 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:33 am

I was really looking forward to Rammstein. It's the artist I listen to most according to last.fm. I've not seen them before. I had a pretty good position; http://temp.jpgclan.com/2010-07-31-beforerammstein.jpeg . I had been waiting there for an hour and a half, after all.

Then, just as the black sheet dropped, some utter knobend chucked a full bottle of pepsi which hit me in the back of the head, and then I started bleeding profusely. I was then taken from the crowd, walked past the front of the stage, into the medic tent, where my friend soon joined me. I didn't even get to see the German flag go; I was walking past as it was up. I was then taken by ambulance to the medical station thingy, where they glued my head.

Once I was let go, after an hour, we legged it back (from the far side) to try to at least catch some of the music. Our new position was http://temp.jpgclan.com/2010-07-31-afterrammstein.jpeg . I am short. I could see pretty much nothing. We got to see 3 songs, at least.

Whoever the guy (or girl) is who chucked the pepsi: thanks a lot, you utter utter rat-a-tat-tat. I can't actually think of words strong enough to accurately reflect my feelings.

At least I seem to be fine now, even if I can't wash my hair for a few days. Although apparently my blood pressure was a bit high. I can't imagine why this might be.

(I felt that this was probably worthy of boosting my post count to 2.)
FMC code: 1k939113. The lowest level 3 years in a row \o/.

SWtallica

Postby SWtallica » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:39 am

Sorry to hear that, I found there were a lot of pricks in the crowd to be honest.

Ramm91

Postby Ramm91 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Dave2 wrote:Then, just as the black sheet dropped, some utter knobend chucked a full bottle of pepsi which hit me in the back of the head, and then I started bleeding profusely. I was then taken from the crowd, walked past the front of the stage, into the medic tent, where my friend soon joined me. I didn't even get to see the German flag go; I was walking past as it was up. I was then taken by ambulance to the medical station thingy, where they glued my head.

Sorry to hear that :(

I don't see how exactly throwing bottles helps with bordem and passing time...n00bz

I was pretty lucky to get down to 4th row with my Aunt...then the band came on and I've never been so crushed in my life. My aunt had to be lifted out during the 2nd song but I managed to stick there the whole time. Totally amazing and blew everyone else out of the water. Also it was so awesome hearing 50,000 brits chanting RAMMSTEIN! 5/5 ;)

musicmaker29

Postby musicmaker29 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm

never understood why people feel the need to throw bottles - and even worse are the ones that get hit my a bottle and then throw a full one back in the direction it came in cos like yeah, that full bottle you just chucked so hard is DEFINATELY going to hit the exact person who threw that empty one at you! FOOL! :x
Gimme music that isn't middle of the road u mother!

http://www.myspace.com/silentresistance

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Can anyone confirm what the exact setlist was?

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Davy wrote:..

SPOILER

01. Rammlied
02. B********
03. Waidmanns Heil
04. Keine Lust
05. Feuer Frei!
06. Wiener Blut
07. Frühling in Paris
08. Ich tu dir weh
09. Du Riechst So Gut
10. Benzin
11. Links 2 3 4
12. Du Hast
13. Pussy

Immense.

Pretty sure it was this, glad they played Du Riechst so Gut because I didn't think they'd play anything from Herzeleid, though I would have prefered Weisses Fleisch.

Rammstein were fucking amazing, best band of the weekend for me followed by Alice in Chains and Papa Roach for me :lol: was upset it was cut a bit short but I still found it to be so goddamn amazing!!!
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 pm

They exceeded all expectations, amazing performance.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I really wanted Mein Herz Brennt, but they never released that as a single, so with a new album out I can understand why it was bumped. They were still, far and away, the best show of the whole weekend. When the German flag dropped and they were playing the Rammlied riff ... listening to it on the album now gives me goosebumps!

The Crunch

Postby The Crunch » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

One of the best bands I've ever seen, but gutted there wasn't Engel like on the rest of the tour. Anyone know why it was cut short?

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Nighteyes wrote:I really wanted Mein Herz Brennt, but they never released that as a single, so with a new album out I can understand why it was bumped. They were still, far and away, the best show of the whole weekend. When the German flag dropped and they were playing the Rammlied riff ... listening to it on the album now gives me goosebumps!

Same, didn't really like Rammlied much before that! I was gutted they didn't play Engel, don't know why it was shorter than 2 hours :( still I saw them do Engel on tour with the big wings so I'm all good 8-)
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”