Iron Maiden

Confirmed acts for 2010
the_arsonist

Re: Iron Maiden

Postby the_arsonist » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 pm

whoever said before they'd change their set because it's at a festival, I WAS RIGHT.
UP YOURS!!! AHAHAHAAA

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

JSG10

Postby JSG10 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:24 am

Lol I know he was joking when he said it was a reggae album >.< But he did say that we're in for a suprise, anyway, am still really looking forward to it! :)

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 am

JSG10 wrote:Lol I know he was joking when he said it was a reggae album >.< But he did say that we're in for a suprise, anyway, am still really looking forward to it! :)

Didn't he also call it Country and Western? XD

Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 pm

SWtallica wrote:I remember when they were mentioned in Teenage Dirtbag I asked my Dad who the hell Iron Maiden were and he said something along the lines of "an old, crap metal band who haven't been relevant in years."

He was completely correct.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I remember when I first started listening to metal music, my mate lent me a compilation tape of Maiden tunes he'd made up for his walkman at school. I loved the music straight away.

Then, cos I was listening to "an old, band" I got people at school telling me to listen to something more modern and up to date cos no-one listens to Maiden now.

Ha ha ha ha ha, 15 years (ish) later, Maiden are headling massive festivals, selling out arena tours and their album is the no.1 album in the country.

And as for Oasis, Blur, Pulp and all those bands I was told to listen to when I was at school?.......

Sorry about the laughing, but I don't need to find a new band to like, those guys who ridiculed me for being un-cool, do. ha ha ha ha ha.

Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Who has picked up The Final Frontier album and if you've heard it, what do you think?

I haven't been this impressed by an album since Judas Priest's Nostradamus a few years ago. It has been getting a heavy rotation from me.

Personally, I don't think there's a weak track on the album. Its definitley better than A Matter Of Life And Death (well in my opinion anyway, I never really got on with that one).

Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

ImmortallyInsane101 wrote:
EdLaw wrote:There was an interview with Bruce on Radio 1 last night, confirmed that the set at Sonisphere will still be "this tours set."

If that's true then :(

The set they've been playing across the US this month looks like this:

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Wrathchild
4.El Dorado
5.Dance Of Death
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Nothing from Piece of Mind = :(
Nothing from Powerslave = :(
Nothing from Somewhere in Time :(
5 songs from Brave New World and Dance Of Death = :(
Nothing from Seventh Son = :cry:

This set makes me sadface.

Why? I know for some people its the first time of seeing Maiden, and yes, its a festival, but, Maiden have been saying for years, that in-between doing album tours, they're doing "greatest Hits/Be(a)st of" tours, they did The early days between Dance Of Death and A Matter Of Life Ad Death albums and then the Somewhere Back In Time tour which were both mainly, 80's songs, so yes, I can see that they would want to do different songs, and as 2000 onwards has been their most successful period since the 1980's I can see why they are doing the set. Its not just new people going to see them, there's people who have seen them before as well.

However, I also see the other side of the coin. When I first saw them back in 2000 on the Brave New World tour, I was hoping for some older stuff like Aces High that a lot of English fans had missed on the chance to see, due to the Ed Hunter tour not coming to the UK (I think Maiden put on a ferry and bus for UK fans to go and see them in Paris), but yes, we still missed out on that tour.

Mind you, I keep saying on the Scream For me forums, that Maiden should do stuff like Back In The Village, Caught Somewhere In Time, Still Life, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son and more 90's songs. Be Quick Or Be Dead, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fugitive, Judas Be My Guide, Run Silent Run Deep, Tailgunner, Hooks In You, Man On The Edge, Futureal, Edge Of Darkness. They've got loads of cracking songs.

I have seen them on 3 album tours Brave New World (twice), Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead (Donington 2003), Dance Of Death, A Matter Of Life And Death and the Somewhere Back In Time tour at twickenham, and I'm never really disapointed, no matter what they play. We'll probably get a load of "golden oldies" in the set list for the Final Frontier tour proper next year. And Bruce Dickinson said in Kerrang! magazine that after that tour is done, there will be an unashamed "Be(a)st of" tour with loads of hit songs etc., so don't dispair just yet.

ImmortallyInsane101

Postby ImmortallyInsane101 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Scorpio wrote:A massive essay

Yea what I wrote is very old and irrelevent now. My opinion completely changed since then. I went and listened to Brave New World again and reminded myself why I think it's one of their greatest albums to date. I was absolutely fine with the set they played in the end, loved it infact, I thought every song was brilliant except for maybe No More Lies and Wildest Dreams. True I'd have liked to have heard some Seventh Son stuff as that's my favorite album, but I genuinely think I'd have enjoyed their Sonisphere set more than a greatest hits.
1k997385 Please use my code when buying your tickets.
Zac wrote:I love our audience because you can go off on such a tangent as to be discussing the relative flow merits of rappers whilst waiting for us to make our announcement.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 pm

the_arsonist wrote:whoever said before they'd change their set because it's at a festival, I WAS RIGHT.
UP YOURS!!! AHAHAHAAA

thanks for that... ummm constructive comment :P

Scorpio wrote:
ImmortallyInsane101 wrote:
EdLaw wrote:There was an interview with Bruce on Radio 1 last night, confirmed that the set at Sonisphere will still be "this tours set."

If that's true then :(

The set they've been playing across the US this month looks like this:

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Wrathchild
4.El Dorado
5.Dance Of Death
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Nothing from Piece of Mind = :(
Nothing from Powerslave = :(
Nothing from Somewhere in Time :(
5 songs from Brave New World and Dance Of Death = :(
Nothing from Seventh Son = :cry:

This set makes me sadface.

Why? I know for some people its the first time of seeing Maiden, and yes, its a festival, but, Maiden have been saying for years, that in-between doing album tours, they're doing "greatest Hits/Be(a)st of" tours, they did The early days between Dance Of Death and A Matter Of Life Ad Death albums and then the Somewhere Back In Time tour which were both mainly, 80's songs, so yes, I can see that they would want to do different songs, and as 2000 onwards has been their most successful period since the 1980's I can see why they are doing the set. Its not just new people going to see them, there's people who have seen them before as well.

However, I also see the other side of the coin. When I first saw them back in 2000 on the Brave New World tour, I was hoping for some older stuff like Aces High that a lot of English fans had missed on the chance to see, due to the Ed Hunter tour not coming to the UK (I think Maiden put on a ferry and bus for UK fans to go and see them in Paris), but yes, we still missed out on that tour.

Mind you, I keep saying on the Scream For me forums, that Maiden should do stuff like Back In The Village, Caught Somewhere In Time, Still Life, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son and more 90's songs. Be Quick Or Be Dead, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fugitive, Judas Be My Guide, Run Silent Run Deep, Tailgunner, Hooks In You, Man On The Edge, Futureal, Edge Of Darkness. They've got loads of cracking songs.

I have seen them on 3 album tours Brave New World (twice), Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead (Donington 2003), Dance Of Death, A Matter Of Life And Death and the Somewhere Back In Time tour at twickenham, and I'm never really disapointed, no matter what they play. We'll probably get a load of "golden oldies" in the set list for the Final Frontier tour proper next year. And Bruce Dickinson said in Kerrang! magazine that after that tour is done, there will be an unashamed "Be(a)st of" tour with loads of hit songs etc., so don't dispair just yet.

i read that they're planning on a greatest hits tour then the album tour, then.... who knows?
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

duncang

Postby duncang » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Where did you read that?

They've already started the Final Frontier tour with a North American leg and some festivals, and they'll be in Europe next year along with (most likely) Asia, Oceania and South America - the full works, basically.

However, the prospect of another hits tour pleases me greatly; hopefully it'll ease the pain of missing the Twickenham show

bunter007

Postby bunter007 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 pm

a greatest hits tour sounds good to me as and when they do it. was soooo dissappointed with the setlist at soni, i was expecting a greatest hits admittedly. theres no doubt what maiden did do was very well done i just didnt like the setlist at all. i will defo give them another chance if they do the greatest hits tour :)

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

duncang wrote:Where did you read that?

They've already started the Final Frontier tour with a North American leg and some festivals, and they'll be in Europe next year along with (most likely) Asia, Oceania and South America - the full works, basically.

However, the prospect of another hits tour pleases me greatly; hopefully it'll ease the pain of missing the Twickenham show

interview with bruce dickinson in the newspaper few weeks after Sonisphere
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Which newspaper?

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Which newspaper?

not sure, was a while ago i put the article down somewhere but i can't find it, was probably the Times or the Telegraph or something, can't imagine finding it in the Sun or something, i don't read that garbage
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

duncang

Postby duncang » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 am

Well, awesome.

I'm too anxious about them announcing Final Frontier arena dates to get excited for a greatest hits tour

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 am

duncang wrote:Well, awesome.

I'm too anxious about them announcing Final Frontier arena dates to get excited for a greatest hits tour

I'm stoked for an Arena tour, just hope tickets don't sell out super quickly!
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 am

mrkilley2900623 wrote:I'm stoked for an Arena tour, just hope tickets don't sell out super quickly!

They won't.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 am

Black Wizard wrote:
mrkilley2900623 wrote:I'm stoked for an Arena tour, just hope tickets don't sell out super quickly!

They won't.

you reckon it'll happen next summer?
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:31 am

I reckon that tickets won't sell out super quickly.

Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:57 pm

In an issue of Kerrang! magazine, shortly after this year's Soni, Bruce Dickinson said that Maiden will tour The Final Frontier and then there will be a Greatest Hits/Best of tour covering the whole of the band's back catalogue, and after that, who knows.

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Scorpio wrote:In an issue of Kerrang! magazine, shortly after this year's Soni, Bruce Dickinson said that Maiden will tour The Final Frontier and then there will be a Greatest Hits/Best of tour covering the whole of the band's back catalogue, and after that, who knows.

thanks for that, well i certainly didn't read it in Kerrang! I never read that, I only bought it for the massive Sonisphere review
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I reckon that tickets won't sell out super quickly.

The new album reached number 1 in the charts, and it is Maiden. They could sell them out quite quickly.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

ANXIETY wrote:The new album reached number 1 in the charts, and it is Maiden. They could sell them out quite quickly.

On Maiden's last UK tour the Glasgow date didn't sell out, and the SECC is a much smaller venue than the MEN Arena plus Iron Maiden only come to Scotland once per album. The Twickenham show didn't sell out either, and that was a special occasion. I see no reason for this tour to be any different.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 pm

People don't go as they have a Fearof the Dark. Pahahahahahhahahahahahaha

mrkilley2900623

Postby mrkilley2900623 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:04 am

ANXIETY wrote:People don't go as they have a Fearof the Dark. Pahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I won't pretend that wasn't the worst joke i've heard on these forums :P

Black Wizard wrote:I reckon that tickets won't sell out super quickly.

I'm more worried about the standing tickets selling out super quickly, however, I reckon they could easily fill wembley
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm

mrkilley2900623 wrote:
ANXIETY wrote:People don't go as they have a Fearof the Dark. Pahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I won't pretend that wasn't the worst joke i've heard on these forums :P

Then it worked. Was it one of those jokes which made you laugh cause of how gooseberry it was? ;)

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2010”