9 year old with autism

General Information and FAQs on subjects not covered in the other sub forums
KRB

9 year old with autism

Postby KRB » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:28 am

My son loves rock but is 9 (although he's a tall 9) and has mild autism. I've never been and I'm not sure if there's a disabled area or it's even suitable for a 9 year old so not sure whether to take him or not.

Cheers

billytheweed

Re: 9 year old with autism

Postby billytheweed » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 pm

KRB wrote:My son loves rock but is 9 (although he's a tall 9) and has mild autism. I've never been and I'm not sure if there's a disabled area or it's even suitable for a 9 year old so not sure whether to take him or not.

Cheers

you should ask in the disabed camping thread, someone in there will probably be best placed to answer,
if you can commute each day i would say day tickets.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 am

Festivals can be a pretty overwhelming place, I'd pick a day to see how its goes and maybe book a weekend next year. Guess it depends how well they cope with sensory issues. Heck of a lot to pay out for the whole weekend if there's the chance of a meltdown. Have you been to a festival yourself? It's hard to say when the spectrums so varied. I would hazard a guess at the Disabled camping being somewhat more geared to accessibility but dont quote me on it.

KRB

Postby KRB » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks, I have day tickets for the Saturday and Sunday and hes been to a couple of rock concerts and coped well so may try out a day.

Return to “General”