12 year old

General Information and FAQs on subjects not covered in the other sub forums
jimkeegan01

12 year old

Postby jimkeegan01 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 pm

My son is 12 years old, will a standard birth certificate be enough ID for him to get in for free with me?

SissyRabbit

Re: 12 year old

Postby SissyRabbit » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:04 pm

We got my brother in last year for free, waved the birth certificate at the guy searching us, he didn't even take a good look at it, and let us in! So yes it'll be fine (:

snoopy

Re: 12 year old

Postby snoopy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 pm

My son is 12 too. Last year we weren't asked for ID at all. But it was alittle complicated as no one seemed to know where we should go for his wristband. After queuing for an hour at the Box Office we were told to join the main queue and get his wristband at main gates.... Main gate people told us to go back to box office. Eventually they let us through main gates, we were searched and given wristbands without being IDed.

On the website it says

"bring the child to the box office on arrival at the festival to be given a complimentary wristband for them"

and

"take the child with them to through the wristband exchange points where they will be given a wristband for the child"

So it looks like being another battle this year. I think somewhere it is suggested you take a photocopy of birth certificate (so you don't lose/ruin the original). That's what I'm doing anyway then will do battle to get in when there.

Return to “General”