Sonisphere 2017

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
welshAC_81

Re: Sonisphere 2017

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 am

Ah right ok. Well that sucks! But yeah, given past years it's either Metallica or maiden to give the uk a go ahead so I guess that would've hit them hard.
Do you think it will go ahead? It better - haven't had a walnut hug in 3 years!
Image Image

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:35 pm

I think there's a lot of scenario's in play. There's the possibility of a UK Knotfest, perhaps Kili could promote it and have it at Knebworth in collaboration with a Sonisphere event. DEAG are said to want to expand to more territories so perhaps we might end up with a DEAG festival at Knebworth replacing Sonisphere. Kili could potentially expand Stone Free festival and have it as an outdoors event with camping or we could end up with Sonisphere again.

In other news DEAG are rumoured to have booked The Rolling Stones to headline Rock in Vienna. Really wouldn't surprise me if they ended up at Knebworth as a standalone gig.
FMC Code - 1k949287

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:42 pm

looks like it wont be greenday for download or sonisphere, as they at BST

still think the best chance sonisphere has for coming back next year is to book maiden , i know lots of folks will say what they will say if they do book them but i would rather that than no festival

lets just hope
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Fingers Crossed eh
Image Image

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:02 pm

I think the best chance they've got is to try and tempt Metallica to hit Europe this Summer.

If not I can see Stone Free returning on a much larger scale.
FMC Code - 1k949287

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:39 am

Stone free isn't sonisphere so that would suck!
Image Image

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 pm

looks like download have System of a down , as they playing download france and download spain , i didn't even know there was a download spain , funny how download are copying what sonisphere have done when they said there wasn't room for a touring euro festival ................

any way i reckon that's SOAD and GnR for download , metallica as well ???

thoughts ??

that said that would leave plenty of options for sonisphere , maiden, def leppard, linkin park, RHCP, to name but 4 could sonisphere have metallica ?? be an interesting run up to Christmas , i'm sure if team sonisphere think they can get a decent set of headliners we will get a festival
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Yeah I thought that about download too. Only had France this year so must be branching out.
Saying that though, this year sonisphere had the same headliners for all their Europe shows but then those bands headlined download in the U.K.?!?!
Anyway, hoping they keep us in the loop this year. Would be great to hear something from them soon about the uk festival
Image Image

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:44 am

billytheweed wrote:looks like download have System of a down , as they playing download france and download spain , i didn't even know there was a download spain , funny how download are copying what sonisphere have done when they said there wasn't room for a touring euro festival ................

thoughts ??

that said that would leave plenty of options for sonisphere , maiden, def leppard, linkin park, RHCP, to name but 4 could sonisphere have metallica ?? be an interesting run up to Christmas , i'm sure if team sonisphere think they can get a decent set of headliners we will get a festival

I don't understand why System would get announced for Download Spain and France, but not UK. Doesn't make sense to me, unless they're playing elsewhere.

I don't think GnR will play any festivals next year, reckon they will cash in on stadium shows, maybe play festivals in 2018 if they're still together.

Metallica have said that their shows in February are their only European shows until the Autumn so far. Perhaps Kili can get them to do Knebworth + some rejuvenated Sonisphere legs if Download already have their headliners locked in. If not could be an arena tour in the Autumn.

Zegut mentioned Aerosmith, SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Linkin Park as the bands who would be around, so Download will probably have 3 of those.

I think we're looking at a Summer where most festivals are struggling and there will probably be quite a few that get cancelled.

Unless Sonisphere are working on something spectacular like Roger Waters or they can lock in Metallica, I don't think it will go ahead, unless they take a gamble, personally I think Prophets of Rage are a very Sonisphere kind of act. There was also a rumour not so long ago about Blink 182 wanting to tour in July.

I think their best bet is to expand Stone Free, it had quite a few bands this year who would have probably played Sonisphere anyway - Alice Cooper, The Darkness, Blackberry Smoke, Apocalyptica, Therapy?, Lounge Kittens, etc makes you wonder whether they offered bands who were supposed to play Sonisphere a slot at Stone Free instead.
FMC Code - 1k949287

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 am

I still don't understand why stone free was even started. Like you said, the bands were the type to play sonisphere anyway so why not just do sonisphere as opposed to starting a new festival. Even doing it as a smaller soni would've been something.
Image Image

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Bugger - log back on and still no sign of any Sonisphere action - It's getting on my chuff now

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Know the feeling dude
Image Image

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:38 am

Kili need to stop trying to compete with Livenation and stop letting pride get in the way.

All this bull-shit of we couldn't find the right calibre headliner so we're not going to put an event on at all just pisses people off and they lose faith. I'm sure that on off years if they had to bump bands up or have smaller headliners, they would have still drawn good numbers, just scale back on everything and have a smaller set-up and then when you do get a year of Metallica's then happy days.

For instance, there would have been no shame if they put on an event this year and had Twisted Sister headlining (the majority of Euro fests had them headlining), The Offspring/ BMTH and someone like Alice Cooper/Hollywood Vampires. Just explain that you're scaling back this year in order to make sure a festival goes ahead, lower the ticket price to reflect this.
FMC Code - 1k949287

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Exactly. Just do a smaller one as opposed to starting something different. Keep your fans in the loop too. The silence is deafening. We are back to the time of the year when festivals are gonna start making a noise and we are here again waiting to see if anything gets said about a festival next year.
Image Image

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:21 pm

metalicbear wrote:
billytheweed wrote:looks like download have System of a down , as they playing download france and download spain , i didn't even know there was a download spain , funny how download are copying what sonisphere have done when they said there wasn't room for a touring euro festival ................

thoughts ??

I don't understand why System would get announced for Download Spain and France, but not UK. Doesn't make sense to me, unless they're playing elsewhere.

I don't think GnR will play any festivals next year, reckon they will cash in on stadium shows, maybe play festivals in 2018 if they're still together.

Metallica have said that their shows in February are their only European shows until the Autumn so far. Perhaps Kili can get them to do Knebworth + some rejuvenated Sonisphere legs if Download already have their headliners locked in. If not could be an arena tour in the Autumn.

Zegut mentioned Aerosmith, SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Linkin Park as the bands who would be around, so Download will probably have 3 of those.

I think we're looking at a Summer where most festivals are struggling and there will probably be quite a few that get cancelled.

Unless Sonisphere are working on something spectacular like Roger Waters or they can lock in Metallica, I don't think it will go ahead, unless they take a gamble, personally I think Prophets of Rage are a very Sonisphere kind of act. There was also a rumour not so long ago about Blink 182 wanting to tour in July.

I think their best bet is to expand Stone Free, it had quite a few bands this year who would have probably played Sonisphere anyway - Alice Cooper, The Darkness, Blackberry Smoke, Apocalyptica, Therapy?, Lounge Kittens, etc makes you wonder whether they offered bands who were supposed to play Sonisphere a slot at Stone Free instead.

they haven't announced SOAD for the UK download as they aren't ready too , if i recall all the sonispheres in years gone by were announced at different times, in my mind that's why

i thought GnR were going to do a couple of gigs to see how the land lay , download would be perfect , then when they have everyones attention announce stadiums later in the summer

i don't think expanding stone free would work still think it could go ahead this year but I agree this year will be a struggle for a lot of festivals but hopefully sonisphere can buck the trend
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:40 am

Lollapalooza Paris in July is rumoured to have RHCP. With Kili promoting their tours in December, could we possibly get them as well, perhaps announced after their tour?
FMC Code - 1k949287

zebby

Postby zebby » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:51 am

Evening.
Didn't think this place was still a place.
Last few times I tried to log on I got misdirected so gave up, assuming it was dead.
But here you all are.
No dates for soni 17 yet?
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Zebby!!! How the devil are you?

Not a whisper of anything from team soni. Sometimes I feel like a mug for even holding out hope that we will actually hear something from them. Early bird DL tickets with a surprise release yesterday and a few bands announced for nova rock too, is the wheel starting to turn now? Will we hear anything?? Ah, I hate the suspense.
Image Image

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:09 pm

yep already got my download rip ticket,

intruiging announcement at nova rock , green day, linkin park, SOAD and blink 182 as headliners

we know that greenday are at BST so i dont think we will have them , SOAD look nailed on for download as they already at paris and spain , could we get one of the other two or will they end up at download

maiden , linkin park and RHCP ????

can't wait!!!
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:33 am

Haven't bought my ticket yet. Not sure what the plans are yet.
Seen a few announcements pop up now. Will they or won't they?!?!
Image Image

The Angry Koala

Postby The Angry Koala » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm

After all the talk of GnR, Metallica, etc, if Download end up with Linkin Park, Blink and SOAD that's hilarious.

Also, if Kili can't put together Sonisphere with 3 headliners that outdo that effort there's something seriously wrong! :)

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Dropped in to say hello to you hopeful people. I'm not hopeful... Would happily be wrong though.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Hey beautiful
After that download announcement I'm hoping sonI have pinched all the good headliners cos that was a bit "meh" for me
Image Image

the_dr

Postby the_dr » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:15 pm

"After all the talk of GnR, Metallica, etc, if Download end up with Linkin Park, Blink and SOAD that's hilarious."

Sonisphere needs to happen next year, Download's even worse than i thought it would be (SOAD Aerosmith and Biffy), and looks like a Reading and Leads lineup than a metal fest.

After this years poor effort of how download was ran, Sonispehere could really cash in if the lineups better, which would not be hard to achieve.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Download as a fest was terrible last year . Would love to see soni back with a bang
Image Image

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”