Sonisphere 2016

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
PurpleDemon

Re: Sonisphere 2016

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm

real talk, i'd be totally okay with this as our top three acts for one day next year http://www.metalinjection.net/tool-to-p ... mbria.html

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:22 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:real talk, i'd be totally okay with this as our top three acts for one day next year http://www.metalinjection.net/tool-to-p ... mbria.html

Their appeal as the top 3 wouldn't be broad enough surely? Apart from maybe Coheed those acts appeal to their fans more than casual fans which a top 3 would need to attract; scatter those 3 throughout the same day and pop in a few more acts who appeal to a different audience and i'm sure you could make a strong day of it though. so:

Tool
Black Stone Cherry
Primus
Rise Against
Coheed

Though if you whack NIN as the sub and push the other two down that would be tasty 8-)
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:23 pm

I have to say Tool could headline a day at Sonisphere but like Houston I do not think that they have the selling power needed to make it a sell out!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:18 pm

houston404 wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:real talk, i'd be totally okay with this as our top three acts for one day next year http://www.metalinjection.net/tool-to-p ... mbria.html

Their appeal as the top 3 wouldn't be broad enough surely? Apart from maybe Coheed those acts appeal to their fans more than casual fans which a top 3 would need to attract; scatter those 3 throughout the same day and pop in a few more acts who appeal to a different audience and i'm sure you could make a strong day of it though. so:

Tool
Black Stone Cherry
Primus
Rise Against
Coheed

Though if you whack NIN as the sub and push the other two down that would be tasty 8-)

Tool as a main stage headliner, Primus as a Saturn headliner and Coheed maybe under Primus would be good for a cheaper day, freeing up the other two for bigger names. Perhaps not top three but yeah.

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 pm

If I was the type to pray, I would be praying for a Sonisphere 2016. I am getting on a bit and I want to enjoy every festival I can before life commitments start to hold me back.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:10 pm

lolatheminxx wrote:If I was the type to pray, I would be praying for a Sonisphere 2016. I am getting on a bit and I want to enjoy every festival I can before life commitments start to hold me back.

Nah life commitments won't keep you away from us sweetie!
Image Image

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:55 am

PurpleDemon wrote:
Tool as a main stage headliner, Primus as a Saturn headliner and Coheed maybe under Primus would be good for a cheaper day, freeing up the other two for bigger names. Perhaps not top three but yeah.

Would be ridiculously weak.

Primus couldn't even sell out their 2-3 academy show this year, nor last year. No one seemed to care about them. Their rarity factor is questionable. I think they would probably be best to do a 30 min slot on Main with another set in Bohemia. Coheed have dropped rapidly over the years, sub Saturn at absolute highest.

I think Maiden will be a given. New album due out, were heavily rumoured for this year - remember the cryptic clue - Our last Irons in the fire have just been extinguished. Referring to Maiden being asked to play.
FMC Code - 1k949287

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 am

Maiden, Muse & SOAD/Rammstein would be my bet! Like Metalicbear I think the return of Bruce to Knebworth is a shoe in!

This is what I would love to see

Friday
Apollo MUSE headliner
Sub Headliner Black Stone Cherry
Would love to see a full Friday but think it will still be one stage not too

Sat
Apollo Maiden headliner
Sub headliner Stone Sour
Saturn Headliner Dimmu Borgir
Sub headliner BMTH

Sun
Apollo SOAD/Rammstein headliner
Sub headliner Rob Zombie
Saturn headliner Alice Cooper
Sub Headliner Halestorm

Bohemia and other stages I will think about!

houston404

Postby houston404 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Considering the amount of acts that aren't quite up to headlining level soni could always just stack a day with bigger than normal acts to compensate (although I'd imagine it would probably work out more expensive that way), say:

Nine Inch Nails
Judas Priest
Alter Bridge
Lamb of God
Mastodon
Ministry

^ Mainstage for one day

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:57 pm

welshAC_81 wrote:
lolatheminxx wrote:If I was the type to pray, I would be praying for a Sonisphere 2016. I am getting on a bit and I want to enjoy every festival I can before life commitments start to hold me back.

Nah life commitments won't keep you away from us sweetie!

I hope not, but John and I have been discussing buying a house together in the next few years and Dublin mortgages are horrifying! So sad I didn't get to see you at DL <3

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:16 am

Or you could just live in a tent in Knebworth field all year long, think of the money you'll save on council tax! :P

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:18 am

And they would always appreciate it if you were good enough to cut the grass for them while you were there please! :music-headbanger:
Last edited by IronBoosh on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Angry Koala

Postby The Angry Koala » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:54 pm

If Soni's on then they can take my money now as I'll definitely be going. Best UK festival by a country mile.

I suspect that Maiden will be there (despite the "lazy booking", "how many repeats?" comments that would be made).

I'm calling Def Leppard for Download 2016 on the extremely tenuous link that the last time they toured with Whitesnake (2008) they then headlined Download in 2009. Almost identical tour this year so stands to reason they're a shoe-in for DL2016 doesn't it? :D

My guesses for 2016 are:

DL2016
Def Leppard
Foo Fighters
Metallica

Soni 2016
Tool
Nickelback
Sabbath

Think Maiden will play their own dates (if Bruce is up to it) next year and then play DL2017 with Sabbath (final UK appearance).

Oh and hello everyone! Nice to see the forums back up. I thought they'd gone for good so hadn't checked in a while.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

i think def leppard will turn up , with whitesnake at one or the other , my money would be on sonisphere , think nickelback would be more likely for download than sonisphere , swap those two over and i think download would get away with booking nickelback because of the other two , sonisphere would be okay with those three but only just................. i think we may see RHCP at kebworth next year and possibly muse and sabbath would those 3 work ???

to be brutally honest i dont care who headlines sonisphere it can be a band or even 2that i dont care for i just want it to go ahead
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm

I think that is the attitude with most of us Billy!

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Considering the s***storm that people kicked up when Leppard played DL 11 and this year when Slipknot and BSC were booked exactly the same as 2013; I don't believe AC would actively seek to do the same again and book Leppard and Whitesnake next year.

billytheweed wrote:i think def leppard will turn up , with whitesnake at one or the other , my money would be on sonisphere , think nickelback would be more likely for download than sonisphere , swap those two over and i think download would get away with booking nickelback because of the other two , sonisphere would be okay with those three but only just................. i think we may see RHCP at kebworth next year and possibly muse and sabbath would those 3 work ???

to be brutally honest i dont care who headlines sonisphere it can be a band or even 2that i dont care for i just want it to go ahead

RHCP, Muse and Sabbath? Blimey if people complained that Soni blew their lot on headliners last year then next year will be dire, they'll have blown way more on the headliners :lol:

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:42 pm

i still maintain that my second sonichella lineup was a masterpiece of "blowing everything on the headliners"-ness.

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

I think they should go for one small headliner (ideally for the Friday) and keep some funds for a nicely stacked undercard. Something like:

Machine Head or Korn or Blink 182
Rammstein or System of a Down or Rage Against the Machine
Def Leppard or Iron Maiden or The Who

One "smaller" headliner, maybe taking their first headline slot.
One more modern headliner.
One classic headliner.

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 am

lolatheminxx wrote:I think they should go for one small headliner (ideally for the Friday) and keep some funds for a nicely stacked undercard. Something like:

Machine Head or Korn or Blink 182
Rammstein or System of a Down or Rage Against the Machine
Def Leppard or Iron Maiden or The Who

One "smaller" headliner, maybe taking their first headline slot.
One more modern headliner.
One classic headliner.

It sounds like most bases would be covered with that sort of line up! It will be interesting to see if they go with Saturn or Apollo for the Friday as that will dictate the calibre of the headliners! If it is Saturn I could see it potentially being Disturbed headlining?

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 am

I don't know if Disturbed will sell tickets, even on a reunion run. Subbing to someone like Korn would have all the noughties nu-metallers thowing money down though!

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 am

lolatheminxx wrote:I don't know if Disturbed will sell tickets, even on a reunion run. Subbing to someone like Korn would have all the noughties nu-metallers thowing money down though!

TBH I think Korn would struggle - maybe someone like the newly reformed Coal Chamber or Dez' other band Devil Driver - or both! Maybe that is me being greedy!

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:43 am

I like Coal Chamber but even on their reunion tour they were playing mid-afternoon slots.

Do you think maybe Limp Bizkit could pull off headlining Saturn on a Friday? They're phenomenal live, but since I am a fan I think I'm biased.

The could make it a nu-metal oriented day though:

Coal Chamber
Disturbed
Korn
Limp Bizkit

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am

lolatheminxx wrote:I like Coal Chamber but even on their reunion tour they were playing mid-afternoon slots.

Do you think maybe Limp Bizkit could pull off headlining Saturn on a Friday? They're phenomenal live, but since I am a fan I think I'm biased.

The could make it a nu-metal oriented day though:

Coal Chamber
Disturbed
Korn
Limp Bizkit

Yeah could work - I love Fred and the boys and agree totally they could do it! Sprinkle some more modern acts like Skindred and it would be a good day

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:51 am

See I think about that and think "frakk yeah, I'd go" but then I would still go to Sonisphere if 5ive were headlining, and I would go to any festival if they had Limp Bizkit :P So I guess it doesn't matter, because I am gonna go anyway!

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 am

lolatheminxx wrote:See I think about that and think "frakk yeah, I'd go" but then I would still go to Sonisphere if 5ive were headlining, and I would go to any festival if they had Limp Bizkit :P So I guess it doesn't matter, because I am gonna go anyway!

Not sure about 5ive but a half decent bill and Soni at Knebworth and I will booking my Camp Viper tickets in seconds! :music-headbanger:

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”