Announcements coming soon

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
Gnarkill

Re: Announcements coming soon

Postby Gnarkill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Sonisphere isn't happening is it

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm not too hopeful. Just wish we could know either way. I'm waiting to book a weekend away in the summer but don't want to risk dates until we know
Image Image

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah same, I've got a lot of leeway though since my alternatives are DL, Leeds and Bloodstock. Download isn't going to sell out anytime soon and the other two are in August. Plus Leeds has only announced a few bands

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Sonisphere France isn't happening - announced on their FB page. Sounds as if they were planning a comeback (local laws caused it to get canned in 2013/14 but I think the area got a new mayor or something?).

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh well maybe Bloodstock for me, but as i am saving for a wedding, maybe a year without a festival.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sonisphere not happening now, unless they planning to move it back a month! Just think unfortunately they gave it their best shot and just couldn't land the artists they wanted!

Real shame! :(

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Does anyone think there's an outside chance ?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Well the UK one hasn't been canned yet - they've obviously cancelled France now, so if they were 100% sure the UK wasn't happening they would have done the same, so there's still a chance it may happen, as slim as that looks.

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Keeping fingers crossed then.

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Maybe they're saving the cancellation announcement for Christmas

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:56 pm

I have as much faith in Soni UK 2015 happening as I have LFC getting a champions league. Love both but can't see it happening :-(

nomadc22

Postby nomadc22 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Having Soni every 2 years would save lot of this hassle, and firm things up in the calendar for longer term bookings for both venues and bands.

I suspect we may now be holding on for a Maiden announcement, but, to be honest, I'd rather see them at Soni at the end of the tour of the new album rather than the beginning - they were much better at the end than the beginning last time.

Still hoping for an announcement for August if it is going ahead (he said selfishly...)
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:03 pm

The French cancellation may not correlate to any UK plans as it's due to licensing etc and not due to not being able to get a line up together. So until Soni say for certain, there's a tiny hope.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:26 pm

nomadc22 wrote:Having Soni every 2 years would save lot of this hassle, and firm things up in the calendar for longer term bookings for both venues and bands.

I suspect we may now be holding on for a Maiden announcement, but, to be honest, I'd rather see them at Soni at the end of the tour of the new album rather than the beginning - they were much better at the end than the beginning last time.

Still hoping for an announcement for August if it is going ahead (he said selfishly...)

Don't think staging it every 2 years would help at all. festivals will have been in talks with headliners over 2015 long before this years events happened.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:20 pm

If they make it for august or back around the original date then it's better for me. Still gripping onto a tiny thread of hope
Image Image

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:34 am

welshAC_81 wrote:If they make it for august or back around the original date then it's better for me. Still gripping onto a tiny thread of hope

Time is running out for me - need to make plans. If nothing breaks soon will have to book elsewhere

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:26 am

nomadc22 wrote:Having Soni every 2 years would save lot of this hassle, and firm things up in the calendar for longer term bookings for both venues and bands.

Like I said a while back I don't think holding it every 2 years would help in anyway, it would only make it even harder for them to put together a stellar lineup. It would give DL the ability to book a weaker year every other year and save the big big cash for the years that Soni is on. Last years DL attendance was noticeably smaller because the lineup was weak compared to what Soni was offering, I can guarantee that lineup would have looked a whole lot stronger to some people if Soni wasn't happening however.

If it gets pushed back to August then I would be fine with that, its usually better weather around then also. Maiden would also be a belting headliner, they may have played last year, but with a back catalogue that huge they could easily pull off a completely different setlist with a different feel to it.

DANCE OF DEATH IN FULL!!!!
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:11 pm

At this stage I'm pretty certain that nothing will happen with regards to Sonisphere 2015, so we're probably looking at Metallica again in 2016. :P

zebby

Postby zebby » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:38 pm

As much as I unexpectedly enjoyed metallica this year, they wouldn't sell me a ticket anytime soon.

Would rather a low key "place keeper" this year with maybe megadeth, a different headliner than the norm a'la a full set from airborne? And something left field in the vain of prodigy for the other night.

Strong enough under card and it could keep things ticking over.

2016 full on blockbuster line up again...

Thoughts?
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

houston404

Postby houston404 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:58 am

Black Wizard wrote:At this stage I'm pretty certain that nothing will happen with regards to Sonisphere 2015, so we're probably looking at Metallica again in 2016. :P

Your back :o I thought you went back to your Clan when Alex Salmond throw a hissy and demanded all Scots returned back to the highlands :P
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 pm

So, do we think it will be a yay or nay early in the new year or will this saga drag out for a few more weeks?

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 pm

zebby wrote:As much as I unexpectedly enjoyed metallica this year, they wouldn't sell me a ticket anytime soon.

Would rather a low key "place keeper" this year with maybe megadeth, a different headliner than the norm a'la a full set from airborne? And something left field in the vain of prodigy for the other night.

Strong enough under card and it could keep things ticking over.

2016 full on blockbuster line up again...

Thoughts?

Can't see them doing that.

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:02 am

It might be a nice idea to have a half festival or something on years like this. They can put on a festival with mid-sized bands headlining, to give them a bit of a chance. We can't continue having the same old bands headlining every year, so when Sonisphere can't get the headliners they want, perhaps they can put on some smaller bands instead and just have a smaller festival. Sonisphere always have an excellent and varied undercard, which might be enough by itself to pull in a decent sized crowd.

That would be good for several reasons, most notably it would allow the festival to go ahead so they have a better bargaining position with future bands, and it looks good for PR etc, and they can save costs, nurture some bands to become the headline acts of tomorrow and just have a smaller, funner festival.

I'm sure they could judge what amenities they would need for the festival based on the ticket sales, but if necessary perhaps they could cut costs by reducing the amount of stuff that they put on: cut a stage or two, shrink the campsite, rent fewer toilets, less fencing, less security presence required etc.
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:50 pm

If Sonisphere wanted to do a smaller festival there would be no chance they could do it at Knebworth
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:53 am

If Sonisphere were to only run every second year then I'd be pretty happy with that. It's better to have half the number of festivals with great line-ups than for it to keep running with potentially disappointing line-ups and risk blowing lots of money away. As I've said before, I don't think there's room in the market for two three-day major Rock/Metal festivals.

mt96djc

Postby mt96djc » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:43 am

Game over for me. My mates have spoken and we're off to Download.

Oh well - fingers crossed for 2016...

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”