Announcements coming soon

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
Limpin Park

Announcements coming soon

Postby Limpin Park » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 am

European Sonispheres announcing soon, we are in Europe right?

CherryInHove

Re: Announcements coming soon

Postby CherryInHove » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 am

Well, yes but, I suspect that they say European to distinguish it from the UK one (as I don't believe Sonisphere does festivals outside of Europe?)

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 am

Comment from bookface:

Sonisphere Festival - Still beavering away on the UK festival. Announcements as soon as we can.
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

Probably referring to the EU ones but you never know.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:07 am

Rick wrote:Comment from bookface:

Sonisphere Festival - Still beavering away on the UK festival. Announcements as soon as we can.

Well, that's great stuff. As long as there is a chance I don't have to kill myself. Yet.

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:38 am

Limpin Park wrote:we are in Europe right?

not for long
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:39 am

Cerpin Taxt wrote:
Limpin Park wrote:we are in Europe right?

not for long

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:21 pm

So they are continuing with the soni brand then, why did they come up with a seperate name for Grun Helle then?
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:27 pm

houston404 wrote:So they are continuing with the soni brand then, why did they come up with a seperate name for Grun Helle then?

Perhaps they wanted to build a new brand in Germany to go toe-to-toe with Rock am Ring.

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:
houston404 wrote:So they are continuing with the soni brand then, why did they come up with a seperate name for Grun Helle then?

Perhaps they wanted to build a new brand in Germany to go toe-to-toe with Rock am Ring.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/business-vip/corporate-events/event-venues/eifeldorf-gruene-hoelle.html

If you look at that website then it looks like the Grune Holle is actually a venue in its own right, sort of like a racing experience complex that they have linked the festival to, which could shed some light on the choice of name.

Still they could have called it Sonisphere: Grune Hollle i suppose
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Also important is that the company running this isn't technically Kililive. It's DEAG themselves, who even though they own Kili, are a German company and will most likely want to build their own German brand, separate from that of one of their subsidiaries. Just because Galbraith has been drafted in to work on it, does not mean that it has to be bound to the Sonisphere name. It's like asking why Coke Zero wasn't released under the Sprite name.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:14 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Also important is that the company running this isn't technically Kililive. It's DEAG themselves, who even though they own Kili, are a German company and will most likely want to build their own German brand, separate from that of one of their subsidiaries. Just because Galbraith has been drafted in to work on it, does not mean that it has to be bound to the Sonisphere name. It's like asking why Coke Zero wasn't released under the Sprite name.

DEAG on't own Kililive, they're partners. Galbraith is still the majority shareholder.
FMC Code - 1k949287

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Also important is that the company running this isn't technically Kililive. It's DEAG themselves, who even though they own Kili, are a German company and will most likely want to build their own German brand, separate from that of one of their subsidiaries. Just because Galbraith has been drafted in to work on it, does not mean that it has to be bound to the Sonisphere name. It's like asking why Coke Zero wasn't released under the Sprite name.

Might explain why the line up's between UK Soni (if it goes ahead) and Grun Helle will be vastly different.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:37 pm

houston404 wrote:

Might explain why the line up's between UK Soni (if it goes ahead) and Grun Helle will be vastly different.

Yeah, Grun Holle will have no greater indication of Sonisphere's lineup than Hellfest or Rock in Rio do.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Would of thought it would be in their interests to use their collective bargaining to secure a hold on the best bands throughout Europe than to allow their competitors in some markets breathing space. Then again, that assumes they are aiming for the same customer base throughout Europe with little variation.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:46 pm

WOULD HAVE

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:44 pm

The naming issue is in regards to green hell actually being a name for the nurburgring itself. I believe the owners of the nurburgring were in dispute with Rock am rings promoter over who owns the name as Rock am ring is no longer in "the ring". It's the reason they've renamed the festival The Ring - Green Hell Rock.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:57 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:WOULD HAVE

Between me and Blackwater we keep you occupied :lol:

GazzaScotland

Postby GazzaScotland » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:52 pm

metalicbear wrote:

DEAG on't own Kililive, they're partners. Galbraith is still the majority shareholder.

Nope, Galbraith ain't: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... njaro-live
Last edited by GazzaScotland on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:
metalicbear wrote:

Nope: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... njaro-live

I just saw that eFestivals had referred to them as majority shareholders. I assume that means they own the company.

GazzaScotland

Postby GazzaScotland » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Yep, its as good as owning it outright due to the majority shareholding. Would get the vast majority of issues passed at board level. Only a few tend to require more than the 51% majority.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:02 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:

Following the transaction, Kilimanjaro CEO Galbraith is to continue to be in operational control of the business, which will continue to run under its existing structure and management team, according to a joint statement.

DEAG might own 51% but we don't know what the breakdown is, SG might still be the biggest shareholder, which would explain wy he's still in charge, pretty sure I read somewhere that he has the biggest share.
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:31 pm

He had 100% right? So you'd assume 49% now making him have the most on board, though DEAG owning a controlling share collectively

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 pm

metalicbear wrote:
GazzaScotland wrote:

DEAG might own 51% but we don't know what the breakdown is, SG might still be the biggest shareholder, which would explain wy he's still in charge, pretty sure I read somewhere that he has the biggest share.

What? Who the f--k taught you maths? If DEAG own 51% then that company is - clearly - the biggest shareholder, regardless of how the remaining shares are divvied up. It is not mathematically possible for SG to be the biggest shareholder. The most he could own is 49%.

If he's still managing Kili it's because - unsuprisingly - DEAG see some value in his skills and expertise. But that's now at the discretion of DEAG. If - somehow - he epically screwed up, the board could kick him out of the driving seat and there would be nothing he could do about it because DEAG is the majority shareholder.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:52 pm

You guys need to relax
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”