Scuzz at Sonisphere

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
rockgeek

Scuzz at Sonisphere

Postby rockgeek » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 am

What did people think? Thought having Sophie was a welcome relief to all the senses from having Bezer there but the show was a bit pap.

I'm personally fed up of band interviews where the same question is asked by several other interviewers where neither presenter nor band want to be there.

ThornDavis

Re: Scuzz at Sonisphere

Postby ThornDavis » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12 pm

No word of a lie, the first time I saw Beez doing an interview (on the big screen at DL 2012 I think), I assumed he was someone with learning difficulties who'd won a competition.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Beez is just a Fred Durst wannabe.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 pm

ThornDavis wrote:No word of a lie, the first time I saw Beez doing an interview (on the big screen at DL 2012 I think), I assumed he was someone with learning difficulties who'd won a competition.
We've had our disagreements but sir, that is brilliant :D

He was my "friend" on FB. It was 21:05 and it was "Beastie Boys" hour. They were playing GnR. I took a screenshot and put it on my page with a witty line. he commented saying something like "Check the time and title smartarse" to which I did and pointed out, nicely, what the problem was. He called me a dick with no life and defriended me.

Quite the excitement.

In interviews, it seems like he struggles to get the words out and then just nods and nods and nods and nods and nods and nods and nods and nods and nods and yes, as many people have mentioned, don't you dare say Limp Bizkit are anything but amazing.

As for Scuzz - I personally have found it's taken a dip since he started there. Sure it's doing better commercially though.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 pm

"My name is Beez and I will sit really close to the people I am interviewing on a 2 seater sofa" I can't even watch those interviews because they make me feel so uncomfortable.

He's an entitled moron that needs to be fired from his job.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm

ThornDavis wrote:No word of a lie, the first time I saw Beez doing an interview (on the big screen at DL 2012 I think), I assumed he was someone with learning difficulties who'd won a competition.

I don't know if I'm totally misremembering this, but I'm sure I thought the same thing. I've some vague memory of saying "that special kid they've got doing interviews is pretty annoying. Good for him though." and being told "no, that's Beez" and being genuinely stunned.

I think it was the way he looked really excited then asked the dullest questions like "do you like download?" etc to bands playing the festival, who aren't going to say "frakk no, but its a decent payday".
Literally any question would have been better than that. "what did you have for lunch?" or "whos your favourite Beatle?" or "do you like my hat?" would have been an improvement. And he's supposed to be a journalist!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Seriously though, "Are you enjoying Download?"

Or more accurately "Are you enjoying Download, bearing in mind I'm recording your answer at Download, for Download, and we're going to replay it on the big screens at Download, for all your fans here at Download, who you might not want to upset after they've paid money to come see you at Download. Bearing all of that in mind, do you like Download?"
"yeah, I like Download."
"cool, I'm glad you said that, for a minute I was worried you'd say "It's ok I guess, but we play Waken in the summer and I'm way more excited for that" or "tbh, I prefer doing our own gigs" or "it'd be fine if it wasn't for muppets wearing silly cowboy hats", but I'm pleased to have got your honest opinion on Download"
"No problem, see you in two years time when we've got our next album out.... I mean, I can't wait to be here again! We love the UK!"

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 am

A great couple of posts to start the day with.

I don't really know why Beez is a thing. Rock/metal media outlets have very low aspirations with their journalists. I imagine it's a bit like the Night's Watch. "Do any of you new recruits know how to spell 'ROCK'? Just you? Fine - you're the new editor-in-chief."

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:26 am

ThornDavis wrote:A great couple of posts to start the day with.

I don't really know why Beez is a thing. Rock/metal media outlets have very low aspirations with their journalists. I imagine it's a bit like the Night's Watch. "Do any of you new recruits know how to spell 'ROCK'? Just you? Fine - you're the new editor-in-chief."

He is the only DJ I turn off on Team Rock Radio - Complete and utter spunk trumpet

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:53 am

I just looked up his Twitter feed and saw this.

I feel a bit sorry for him now. I mean, that's one of his best moments ever. Imagine that. Imagine spending 30+ years on this Earth, and an Angel comes down from heaven and says to you "You have been granted the gift of life from the Almighty God, to lead an rich and rewarding existence. How have you treated this gift?" and you say "Well, I don't know hwat you mean? You mean have I been good or evil?" "No," says the angel, "Have you successfully lived life on your own terms. What are your successes? Your triumphs?" "Well, gee, I really don't know how to answer that." "Put it this way, do you remember anything good about the last three decades? Anything at all?"

And you pause, and you're like "Aw, geee. I don't know. I can't really think of anything..." and the angle replies, "Come on - there must be something good, across your whole life." "Ok - well..." "Yes?" "Well..." "YES, COME OUT WITH IT I HAVEN'T GOT ALL F---ING DAY" "Well, there was this one time when my friend found out there was a band called The Twang and he spat his drink out."

Silence.

"That's it?"

"Heh, yes, it was a good moment. A band called the Twang, and then his drink... came out of his mouth. It was good. One of the best moments."

"Your best moment across your whole life was laughing at the name 'The Twang' so much that you spat out your drink."

"no - no. It wasn't me laughing. Let's not go mad here. It was me watching someone else laugh, At the name The Twang."

And then the Angel gives you a long hard stare and says, "Jesus Christ. Watching someone else laugh at a name that isn't even that silly, is one of the 'best times' of your whole life. You know, that might cut it if you were chained to a radiator for thirty years, or trying to make the best of being in a prisoner of war camp... but... Jesus..."

"So is that it now? Am I being raptured up to heaven?"

"No, we're going to give you another 30 years to try and redeem something from this."

"OK, well thanks. Can I ask you something before you leave?"

"Human, I posess the total knowledge of all creation. My wisdom is infinite, my knowledge knows no boundaries. I can answer the deepest philosophical questions of mankind and solve the most pressing scientific concerns of your world. What would you like to ask me?"

"Are you enjoying Download?"

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 am

He's averaged 30 tweets a day for over 5 years. That's dedication.

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 am

30 tweets a day for 5 years....and not one of them worth repeating (well, apart from that last one).
Did nobody else ever apply for his job? Someone from this board should apply anyway, just out of curiosity. Simply send in a CV and a letter.
Even better, a single tweet on why you are better than Beez.

You'll probably get the job.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:58 am

To be honest, he sounds like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown:

:(

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:06 pm

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 pm

WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 pm

The video on 5 Seconds of Summer is just baffling

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Nothing goes Unnoticed Thorn. Nothing. He'll see your vicious attack on him and it will drive him over the edge. I hope you feel guilty about the fact that his eventual suicide is going to be largely caused by your words.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Although I would feel bad if Beez topped himself on my account, it would be reassuring to discover that my actions can have some kind of effect on this world.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm

His review videos.... his review videos... my god

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

ThornDavis wrote:"OK, well thanks. Can I ask you something before you leave?"

"Human, I posess the total knowledge of all creation. My wisdom is infinite, my knowledge knows no boundaries. I can answer the deepest philosophical questions of mankind and solve the most pressing scientific concerns of your world. What would you like to ask me?"

"Are you enjoying Download?"

Even though I knew it was coming, that made me laugh on the bus.

10/10 would take the piss out of Beez again.

Also, why is a band called the Twang actually funny? :?

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Because...y'know.... it has 'wang' in it?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Xale

Postby Xale » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:22 pm

I was thinking something banjo string related.

Anyway, I've never read an article by Beez or seen any of his interviews, so I feel kinda bad that I dislike him 'cause of peer pressure.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”