Goan Fish Curry £1 Water

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
metalicbear

Goan Fish Curry £1 Water

Postby metalicbear » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Exactly as it says. Why is it they could charge £1 for the same bottled water that was selling for £2 (£2.50 at one vendor) elsewhere?
FMC Code - 1k949287

GazzaScotland

Re: Goan Fish Curry £1 Water

Postby GazzaScotland » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Guessing nobody fancied a fish curry at a festival so they slashed the price on the water so they could get some money in.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I once bought a gourmet burger at Download and it was cheaper than the normal burgers they were selling a few venders away lol
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

MetalMan

Postby MetalMan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm

gooseberry I wish I knew about that! I paid £2.50 for a bottle of water :x

Dave Poodle

Postby Dave Poodle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:13 pm

They should have put a bigger sign up - the words fish curry and festival didn't sound like they should go together to me.
The bottle I paid 2.50 for was much colder than any other I got, I wanted that at the time.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Afaik the prices are set across the festival, so the vendors are meant to charge the same - sometimes I've seen some try and undercut, but they usually get in trouble and get made to put it back to the normal price - guessing they had an excess they were trying to get rid of though and were being sly?

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 pm

I always thought they have a maximum price - this was the case for years at Reading and Leeds as it was one of my jobs to make sure the stalls abided by it. Boring as hell.

Inevitably, they all charged the maximum price, because they could - until one or two broke away and charge stuff for like 50p less which in turn meant they would get a whole lot more business

mt96djc

Postby mt96djc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Didn't buy the water but I did have the vegetarian masala dahl (with rice and salad) for £6 and it was bloody lovely.

Agree that the 'Fish' in the name put people off (including me till I realised they had a veggie option) although I'm sure it would have been fine. I guess people aren't used to trusting festival food!

Ziltoid

Postby Ziltoid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:17 pm

There were more than a few selling water for £1.50 as well. Worth shopping around, really.
If dinosaurs were real, would they be smarter than us?

Mizenberg

Postby Mizenberg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 am

Ziltoid wrote:There were more than a few selling water for £1.50 as well. Worth shopping around, really.

Yeah I got a bottle of water for £1.50- from the Mexican stand fairly close to Saturn. Their burrito was very nice!

GoanFishCurries

Postby GoanFishCurries » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi all, just wanted to share with you that as a company we always sell bottles of water for £1. We feel that this is a fair price for our customers and always choose to abide by it even when we are forced to buy our stock, at inflated prices, from the sole onsite wholesaler. Over the summer we are lucky enough to trade at many of the UK's best festivals and each organisational team has slightly different way of operating. At Sonisphere, the festival organisers established a site wide maximum price of £1.50, however we were glad to be able to offer you our usual lower price.

Regarding our fish curries, we pride ourselves on offering restaurant quality food. We use authentic Goan recipes, prepared with high quality ingredients and fresh sustainably caught Cornish fish. We have a loyal following at many festivals (Glastonbury, Womad, Green Man, End of the Road etc) and are in the top three traders, for festival food, on the eFestival forums.

Sonisphere was a new one for us this year,and as the new kids on the block we did expect some reservation. However we were really pleased about the complimentary feedback we received over the weekend from those who did try our dishes. We are sorry if we did not appeal to your tastebuds, although we hope you'll come a try our food if you come across us in another field this summer.

coxythelegend

Postby coxythelegend » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:39 pm

If the Goan Fish Curry place is back at any future Sonispheres then i will be trying it :)

As for the water situation, we bought bottles from anywhere the first day or 2 till we found the water points. Then we just took an empty bottle through and filled it. Everywhere i saw that had prices advertised, had water at £1.50. I must have missed the Goan Fish Curry sign but as i was getting breakfast from the salmon place one morning i almost went to buy a water at the Smoothie place next door till i saw they were selling it for £2.50 a bottle. So i went to Motley Brew and had a tea instead.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 am

GoanFishCurries wrote: even when we are forced to buy our stock, at inflated prices, from the sole onsite wholesaler.

This is interesting.

Next festival we're both at, I'm eating only from your stall. This post made me like you. You just gained a customer.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 am

Will you be at Bloodstock Goan Fish people

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”