The State of Sonisphere 2015

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
metalicbear

Re: The State of Sonisphere 2015

Postby metalicbear » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 pm

My Very Very Early guess -

Glasto - Indie band - Foo Fighters - Fleetwood Mac

Reading - Linkin Park - Muse - Indie band

Download - Kiss - Slipknot - Metallica

Sonisphere - Judas Priest - System of A Down - Black Sabbath

Bloodstock - Trivium - Black Metal band - Dream Theater
FMC Code - 1k949287

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm

SOAD and BS have both said no more touring though and I kinda believe them. Muse played Reading relatively recently and with Kili promoting them not so long ago, that could be another feather in their cap

I can only really see your Glasto ones coming true

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 pm

metalicbear wrote:My Very Very Early guess -

Glasto - Indie band - Foo Fighters - Fleetwood Mac

Reading - Linkin Park - Muse - Indie band

Download - Kiss - Slipknot - Metallica

Sonisphere - Judas Priest - System of A Down - Black Sabbath

Bloodstock - Trivium - Black Metal band - Dream Theater

Bloodstock is gonna be rubbish next year then :lol: I can see Trivium and a black/death metal band but I can't see DT as well, usually they have a "kerrang" headliner, black/death metal headliner and a "classic" headliner, I don't think DT fit the "classic" tag.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Slipknot at DL is something I see happening. Maybe Metallica as well.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:22 pm

rockgeek wrote:SOAD and BS have both said no more touring though and I kinda believe them. Muse played Reading relatively recently and with Kili promoting them not so long ago, that could be another feather in their cap

I can only really see your Glasto ones coming true

John from SOAD did an AMA on reddit today and said SOAD is still a thing and touring is an option but there's no definite plans right at this moment. Believe Iommi said in a recent checklist Sabbs haven't called it a day yet as they still have " a few more places" they'd like to check off...Knebworth could be one of those places.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:28 am

Aye - as soon as I wrote it, I realised even Ozzy said they'll be looking to do another album and tour. I also confused SOAD with RATM.

Played JJ, played

Sabbath though - kerching.

smogo

Postby smogo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:08 am

No one's mentioned Skrillex yet, but he could work as a headliner given that Sonisphere is a bit more open-minded than Download.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm

smogo wrote:No one's mentioned Skrillex yet, but he could work as a headliner given that Sonisphere is a bit more open-minded than Download.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

joshsd

Postby joshsd » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm

I think if Tool are available (probably not though to busy making wine and not recording a new album) they are hands down the smartest booking for Soni simply for the rarity factor people always seem to think Tool are not big enough to headline or not well known enough but they have a massive following and I'm sure there is 60k willing to part with £200 just for Tool alone

houston404

Postby houston404 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Alter Bridge/ Black Stone Cherry co-headline?
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm

I reckon we are more likely to see Slash n Myles than Alter Bridge n Myles next year. New Slash album out autumn followed by a tour...and he does like a long tour. I suppose it is possible that we could end up with both on the same bill but I'd be very surprised if that happened.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:05 pm

think def leppard are a good shout for one of next years headliners , dare i say kiss on the same day (friday) as co headline - they are touring the states together this year ???

would love muse but still think if kili got them to promote they would do their own show at knebworth , could we get linkin park ??

and one other from soad , slipknot, etc etc etc

still harbor a hope for Van Halen , actually touring headliner ???
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:12 pm

billytheweed wrote:think def leppard are a good shout for one of next years headliners , dare i say kiss on the same day (friday) as co headline - they are touring the states together this year ???

would love muse but still think if kili got them to promote they would do their own show at knebworth , could we get linkin park ??

Are you seriously suggesting that Sonisphere 2015 will be headlined by Def Leppard, KISS and Van Halen?

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:17 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:
billytheweed wrote:think def leppard are a good shout for one of next years headliners , dare i say kiss on the same day (friday) as co headline - they are touring the states together this year ???

Are you seriously suggesting that Sonisphere 2015 will be headlined by Def Leppard, KISS and Van Halen?

no def leppard and kiss on the friday ,
slipknot or SOAD
and i pray for Van Halen but that will never happen i really cant see sabbath, greenday,muse or foos , thats why is suggested linkin park

so def leppard AND kiss friday
SOAD or slipknot
linkin park
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 pm

After Download 2013, Thorn said "I don't think it matters who they announce for Download 2014, I'm definitely going", which they obviously took as a challenge and announced the worst lineup anyone could possibly imagine.

I'm having similar feelings about Sonisphere 2015 and I'm like 99% certainly going but if the headliners are Def Leppard, Kiss, Slipknot and Linkin Park, I will be looking seriously at a foreign festival.

I mean, I literally hate 3 of those 4 and have seen Slipknot far more times than I need considering they're a band I am very apathetic towards.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Be interesting to see what happens, DL I imagine are going to throw money at bands after their poor year. Could maybe see another 2012/13 scenario.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 am

joshsd wrote:I think if Tool are available (probably not though to busy making wine and not recording a new album) they are hands down the smartest booking for Soni simply for the rarity factor people always seem to think Tool are not big enough to headline or not well known enough but they have a massive following and I'm sure there is 60k willing to part with £200 just for Tool alone

:lol: yeah good one. You think Tool could sell out a stadium. :clap:

Tool are in the same bracket as Deftones and Machine Head. They could have taken it to another level a decade ago, they didn't.

When Tool do eventually hit Europe, they will probably be headlining the 2nd stage at Download. Most festivals won't event touch them, because they're so dull, not really a festival band.
FMC Code - 1k949287

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:12 am

I imagine Tool on their own tour would be pretty good but I just don't see why festivals would push the boat out to get them, apart from the fact that they don't appear very often. The fan base is not as big as some like to believe and the casual fan would probably not be too bothered.

They are likely to be compared to GnR soon if they can't sort out their new album....plus all the legal stuff they have going on can't be helping.

BTW I would love to see them sometime in the near future - preferably on their own tour.

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I do like Tool and I think Aenima is a fantastic album, but it's all a bit dreary for a festival slot. I want exciting and fun or stuff you can sing along to and I don't really feel Tool can tick any of those boxes.

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 pm

CC Deville wrote:I imagine Tool on their own tour would be pretty good but I just don't see why festivals would push the boat out to get them, apart from the fact that they don't appear very often. The fan base is not as big as some like to believe and the casual fan would probably not be too bothered.

They are likely to be compared to GnR soon if they can't sort out their new album....plus all the legal stuff they have going on can't be helping.

BTW I would love to see them sometime in the near future - preferably on their own tour.

The one thing Tool has going for them is that they don't appear very often. Not going to be a headliner which shifts many tickets.

I think Slipknot have a good chance of headliner due to their previous history with Sonisphere.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I think Corey Taylor has pretty much self confirmed whatever project he's doing next year will be at Download.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm

metalicbear wrote:I think Corey Taylor has pretty much self confirmed whatever project he's doing next year will be at Download.

would agree with this, they have far more history with DL than with soni and god forbid they have to abandon Corey Watch for another year
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

red death

Postby red death » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Corey has appeared at 2 out of 4 Sonis - 2010 (solo) and 2011 (Slipknot).

The problem with the likes of Linkin Park/Slipknot/Rammstein is that it all becomes a bit stale very quickly with such a small pool of "headline" bands, but then I suppose when you look at the DL headliners there is also quite a lot of repetition...

I'd rather Soni took a bit of a punt on the Friday night and then have two decent bands on Sat/Sun.

For me RATM/SOAD would be good for one night.

Cheers, Mike
Trivium 2/2, Me First & the Gimme Gimmes 28/2
Tragedy 23/3, FFDP 30/3
(Devildriver) + Sylosis + Bleed from Within 4/4
Suicide Silence 27/6
Sonisphere 3-6/7
Machinehead 4/8, The Hives 21/8
Rise Against 10/11, Volbeat 17/11
Kreator 18/12

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Tool's fanbase might not be the biggest, but they're probably some of the most dedicated people I know. I'm quite sure that if they were announced, no matter where on the lineup, a good amount of their fans would travel over to the UK from other countries to see them, provided they're not touring.

I don't really care either way. They're not for me. And I don't think they'd suit the whole "festival" scene anyway.

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 am

When are we expecting a definitive answer as to whether the festival is a goer in 2015 or not?

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”