Fanteamz

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
welshAC_81

Re: Fanteamz

Postby welshAC_81 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 pm

They've just emailed me to sort out upgrading my fmc one Lee. Said they'd contact me when they've sent it as it'll go from their office.
Image Image

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Awesome, cheers!
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:52 pm

I've just replied to the tweet to ask if they will sort out the non-mainland England thing too :P Nice spotting PD :)
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

nomadc22

Postby nomadc22 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Soooo close to a hoody, bound not to hit the target now - not sure how many posters our small town can cope with.

Thankfully, they finally seem to be sorting out the eteamz thing. Maybe next year it'll work better
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:46 pm

I agreed with lola. Hopefully it'll sort out.
Image Image

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:23 pm

EDIT: I take it all back they're awesome dudes and gave me the points :music-headbanger:

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 am

So, without trying I am nearly at a T-shirt. Factoring in the other tasks I'll definitely get a hoody. Not bad for sod all effort!

Has anyone received the posters yet?

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 am

Nope
Image Image

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Mine arrived in the post today :D

Excitedd. I've already been looking for potential places to put them. It's just a shame that it'll be hard to tell in a photo how good these places actually are, hopefully the people checking them won't mind so much.
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Just seen that they're on their way. I live in the very centre of Croydon and work in pubs. I have this in the bag =D

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Well as long as you don't venture into my turf (bromley).

Seriously though, we have most of south east London covered.
1k982241

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Is West Wickham fair game? =D

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm

They've said I can print mine..... Woohoo!
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm

awesome!
Image Image

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Ok so I've been sent my posters and gonna ask people in shops but just want to check what people think cos I don't want to lose all my points... Is putting them up in train stations/on bus stops not allowed? I'm struggling for ideas of where to put them to be honest, what are other people doing?

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

Yeah I'm not really sure about this either.

We get these circuses that come to town fairly often, and they stick posters everywhere, in shops, on random walls, outside buildings, on building sites, bus stops, train stations. Anywhere you can think of. I was planning on just going wherever these posters are that's in a public place, and sticking my one nearby. But it looks like this might not be possible.

Removing all of our points is quite a threat, and it's easily possible that it might arise from a misunderstanding. For example, there are a lot of greengrocers and stall vendors near me that operate outside, so I can stick a poster by their shop and it might look like it's fly posting or whatever. I might send a message and ask for a bit of clarification.

What I might do is edit the photos so I can add a bit of a description to state where I got permission and so on, just in case.

e: I sent a message to admin, asking for more information. So hopefully we will get some further clarification. Also, since it's not clear, I also asked about public places. I assume that it would be illegal to post on private property without permission, but what about public areas like bus stops etc, also, what about public bulletin boards where people post fliers often? What about trees? What about areas that have lots of other posters? There are lots of grey areas that need clearing up.

e2: So I looked into this a bit further, it turns out that putting posters basically anywhere is technically illegal. You can only place posters inside a shop where the store owner has given you permission, and it must not be visible from the outside. I think these anti fly posting laws have gone a bit far... Also, some of the laws around it are really complicated, and it varies completely in different areas. I think fanteamz should give us a lot more guidance on this, clarify some of the legal stuff, and give more specific information about what constitutes breaking a rule.

I can see why they put these rules into place, as the posters can obviously be traced back to them, and there might be some repercussions, but also, what about the people taking part? Due to some odd local rule one of us might be technically breaking the law and get a huge fine for it (Ranging from £50 'on the spot' to £2,500!) It really is important that this all gets cleared up.
1k982241

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

I'm intending to put them in as many pubs as possible, having a beer in each one. The last poster is reserved for my local kebab shop =D

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:13 pm

From previous years of street teaming, inside pubs and clubs and alternative clothing or music shops is what I done. Public places like bus stops/train stations etc... are indeed illegal (unless you pay the council/whoever for the advertising space! To be fair though, in the previous years the street team ran I'd never heard of anyone getting into trouble or fined, so I don't think that'd happen, but to be safe it's best to try and stick to the rules.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Just got my posters! Apparently royal mail no longer feel the need to inform you when they leave your parcels with your neighbours! !!
Image Image

IronMadchenHeidi

Postby IronMadchenHeidi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 am

lolatheminxx wrote:They've said I can print mine..... Woohoo!

Hey, I'm in Belgium and would love to be able to earn these points aswel. Can you tell me who you contacted and how. I wouldn't mind printing them myself.
thanks

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 am

So, I got a reply from the admin on Fanteamz.

They clarified that the specific rules that will cause you to lose points is: fly posting and plagiarising.

However they were still less than clear on exactly what fly posting is or what constitutes as fly posting. They suggested that as long as you have permission, you can post anywhere, however, there is no way to confirm that you have permission, so it seems you'll have to ONLY post in shop windows for the time being. I had lots of locations in mind that were outside, but where I could still get permission easily. They also said that whilst they seem to have clear rules in place about this, they won't share it with any teamers, we have to look up the law in our own time.

This has got me wondering, has everyone done this before? I was under the impression that the majority of the people on this system would be new to street teaming. So just assuming that everyone knows all the rules about fly posting is a bit unfair on those that haven't done this before.

Also, I was told to look up a load of website with information about fly posting. Most of the ones that I could find were guides on how to do it, and how effective it is. Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot, they're encouraging us to break their own rules. There was nothing at all about where you have permission to post in public places.
1k982241

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Gonna get started with this this weekend.

But still confused about the whole system. So if we get enough points for a free ticket for example, are there gonna be enough tasks with points to be able to get us another 400 points to get the side of stage deal??? I'd love to get a free ticket but also want vip bar tickets and a hoody or something. Are we gonna have the opportunity to do that?
Image Image

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:08 pm

I think there will be a lot of points available to earn, not exactly sure how many, but there should be quite a lot.

When I joined the sonisphere team, I joined the bloodstock one as well. The bloodstock one still had the scores up from the previous year, and the person in the lead had thousands of points (they're not worth quite as much as points on the soni e-team, but it was still enough to get the equivalent of 2 or 3 sonisphere tickets).

Also, the admin got back to me about my query with the posters. It makes much more sense now.

Basically, it seems that where you put posters is entirely up to you. As long as you have asked permission from the landowner, or in public places where permission is inferred (i.e. public bulletin boards).

You will only have your points deducted if:
- You take a photo of someone elses poster (or upload a photo that someone else took)
- You put up a poster without permission - which leads to sonisphere getting contacted about fly posting

This means that where there is a grey area the risk is up to you. You will get points for every photo as long as they don't get contacted about the poster. But I guess this still means no bus stops or train stations or places where you obviously couldn't have gained permission.
1k982241

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Just so we're clear...
Anyone seen posting gooseberry around Hitchin/Harpenden/St. Albans will be shot by me. Anyone seen posting gooseberry around Luton will be shot by chavs. :lol:
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”