Fanteamz

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
nomadc22

Re: Fanteamz

Postby nomadc22 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

billytheweed wrote:
welshAC_81 wrote:I'm quite new to this music in 'classic' terms so just gonna use a classic to me.

i have been thinking about this and cant decide for me its between 2

jailbreak by thin lizzy and
the wild willing and the innocent by UFO ,

i am discounting live albums as thats a whole different bucket of frogs :o

WIth only a couple of hours to do, I grabbed what I had in the car - Maiden's Somewhere in Time - which seemed fir for purpose!

Go to get a shifty on - I've got to get rid of the posters, create a poster, find a fancy dress picture... How you lot are keeping on top of this is a mystery to me!
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Just trying to squeeze it in as soon as they are posted. Otherwise I wouldn't manage
Image Image

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 pm

ahhh, can't believe I missed the date on the fancy dress task :(

hopefully the bonus points I'll get for my poster will make up for it
over 9000 hours in mspaint | Show
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Fri May 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I've heard Comic Sans is very popular so I used loads. This took me ages because I'm old
poster.JPG
poster.JPG (69.96 KiB) Viewed 2988 times

shivcakes

Postby shivcakes » Mon May 26, 2014 9:13 pm

EDIT: Really annoyed that I can't get full points - I think I've missed out on the street team points because I thought it was only open to people in England! Wasn't there a registration deadline?
Also missed out on a couple of other tasks so angry at myself haha. About 30 points down the drain. I was hoping myself & Morgi could get RR upgrade!! Not looking likely to get more than a hoody each now?
♫ ♫ ♫ life is ours, we live it our way ♫ ♫ ♫
SONISPHERE 2014!!! CAMP LOOOONNNEERRRRRR ♥♥♥♥♥

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Thu May 29, 2014 6:53 pm

I got 0 points for my doge poster. wow. much upset

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Much unfair, such sad. Many points should have been earned.
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 am

They still haven't reviewed mine! Also, I sent them a message about the food task. I have no iOS or Android devices so can't access Instagram (Windows Phone, don't laugh) therefore had no way of completing it. No reply there either.

I've worked it out and even if I'd had the extra 30 points to start with there's no way I could have hit 500 points.

Foz

Postby Foz » Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Decided to have a blast at this because i was intending to by a sonisphere t-shirt anyway. How do i submit my address for the poster task? How often do the tasks go live?

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Fri May 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Stiv wrote:They still haven't reviewed mine! Also, I sent them a message about the food task. I have no iOS or Android devices so can't access Instagram (Windows Phone, don't laugh) therefore had no way of completing it. No reply there either.

I've worked it out and even if I'd had the extra 30 points to start with there's no way I could have hit 500 points.

I have a windows phone too, and I wouldn't want to bother with instagram anyway. I downloaded an emulator (bluestacks) onto my computer and installed instagram on that. I use that to complete tasks that use instagram, bloodstock do them occasionally too, so it is fairly useful.

Foz wrote:Decided to have a blast at this because i was intending to by a sonisphere t-shirt anyway. How do i submit my address for the poster task? How often do the tasks go live?

Might be a bit late to start now.

To submit your address, type it in and click "submit"... New tasks go live maybe once a week if you're lucky. It looks like they're starting to wind it down now as the festival is getting closer.
1k982241

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 pm

think the street team task has passed now if you havent already submitted your address
Image Image

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Not entirely sure there's much point in doing any more of the tasks... I've got 175 points and doesn't look like I'm gonna get another 100 for rock royalty... That street team thing really doesn't look like it's gonna happen either

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Cerpin Taxt wrote:
Stiv wrote:They still haven't reviewed mine! Also, I sent them a message about the food task. I have no iOS or Android devices so can't access Instagram (Windows Phone, don't laugh) therefore had no way of completing it. No reply there either.

To submit your address, type it in and click "submit"... .
Thanks but Where?

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Sat May 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Unfortunately Foz mate the tasks are timed so you've missed the opportunity. You'll be lucky to pick up enough points for anything if you start now

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat May 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Stiv wrote:Unfortunately Foz mate the tasks are timed so you've missed the opportunity. You'll be lucky to pick up enough points for anything if you start now

Need 40 points (when they see my fb profile pic) to get a t shirt which is the aim so hopefully they might see this and be super generous with their points in the next week or two. No harm if not. :D

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:57 am

Foz wrote:
Stiv wrote:Unfortunately Foz mate the tasks are timed so you've missed the opportunity. You'll be lucky to pick up enough points for anything if you start now

Need 40 points (when they see my fb profile pic) to get a t shirt which is the aim so hopefully they might see this and be super generous with their points in the next week or two. No harm if not. :D

Fingers crossed for ya man! I'm after 3 VIP bar passes. Only 45 points off without the latest profile pic and ticket tasks still to be added. Let's hope they make it easy for us :pray:

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:26 am

Foz wrote:
Cerpin Taxt wrote:

To submit your address, type it in and click "submit"... .
Thanks but Where?

Oh yeah, I forgot. There was a separate task for submitting your address and the deadline for that has passed. It's the second half that is still live, and that's the one where you submit photos. If you missed the first half then unfortunately you can't take part.

I'm sure there will be other big tasks that you can take part in.

Also, yeah I really hope they up the ante with the tasks in the last few weeks before the festival. There are a couple of people that have earned every single point available and it's still 70 points off a free ticket. They might not be worth quite as much money, but around 15 people (including myself) have gotten free tickets on the Bloodstock eteam. There might even be enough tasks left for me to get another reward as well.
1k982241

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:01 pm

im one of those. I asked if someone wanted to earn a free ticket and , for example, the watch from side of stage and they said yes as long as the person earned maximum points for each task.
Image Image

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:23 pm

*does maths* That would imply there's still over 450 points up for grabs (unless they're telling porkie pies)

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm

yeah thats what I thought. hope they arent telling porkies :o
Image Image

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:43 pm

does anyone know what the deal is with the VIP bar passes?
does it just give you one-off access to the RR bit? because I'm feeling like RR upgrades are a much better deal.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm

are they guest area passes as opposed to RR bar passes? two different bars. the guest area one is by invite only type thing, near the entrance from the campsite to the arena. we got those with the FMC rewards in 2011. If its those then i wouldn't mind getting them with some of my points.
Image Image

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:25 pm

I read it as weekend wristbands for the Guest Bar. Gonna get me three and now there's another poster task I might sneak a hoodie too. Happy days

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Aye yeah, it'll most likely be a wristband for the guest bar. I got the guest bar passes a few years ago for FMC. I only used it once but it was pretty awesome.

We got to sit on a sofa and everything, when we got there I said how awesome it would be if we saw orange goblin walk in (we'd jut seen them). Pretty much as soon as I said that, there they were. So that was pretty cool, got a photo with them and basically had a mental breakdown in front of them. I've never actually met a "celebrity" before so yeah, I didn't handle it well. I've made up for it since then though.

-------
e:

HA! - Wtf. I have no idea how, but I've just shot up into second place on the e-team. I haven't even done all of the tasks and I only just got the rest of my posters up like 2 hours ago, how's that for quick service.

Excellent, now I'll get my second batch of posters and in a few weeks I'll have a free ticket to next year's sonisphere!
1k982241

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm

So do you guys reckon the VIP bar wristbands are valid for the whole weekend?

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”