How long Will we all wait......

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
metalicbear

Re: How long Will we all wait......

Postby metalicbear » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:What can be done about the camping/walk though?

The problem with Download is that issue will have been present for 5 years next year and nothing has been done to change it. Apart from empty promises so far. Does Livenation actually care that people have to make a hike to the arena and back to camp twice a day or more, of course they don't. Due to the fact people will be in the arena all day everyday spending money as they can't be arsed to go back to camp.

The excuse of moving the site in 2008 was pathetic and not moving it back a couple of years later when the Grand Prix wasn't going ahead, was a strange and baffling decision.

I don't care what anyone says, Donington/ Download is the track/infield. The present site could be anywhere in the country, it has no importance or relevance.
FMC Code - 1k949287

GazzaScotland

Postby GazzaScotland » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Like I said though, what can be done about it? They have opened up the racetrack as a walkway I believe, not much more they can do.

The excuse on moving the site in 2008 was pathetic? Any reason for that? They didn't really have a choice, the new owners at Donington Park would of rather had Download gone altogether so the move in 2008 was the only choice. As for moving back, was never going to happen. Did you see the state the infield was in? Never mind the fact by 2009 they were pulling numbers not possible before.

You do realise more Downloads have took place outside the track than inside by next year. Does that mean the past years haven't been a real Download?

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 am

Download carried on from monsters of rock and the feeling of being at Donington was great! as it stands now it could be anywhere as it hasn't got that historic atmosphere to it anymore and the festival really has become more hassle than it's worth.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

I agree it's lost it's atmosphere from the early years of Download and obviously MOR but I still think it's a great festival with consistently great lineups!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:Comparing cancelling a festival to a walk?

We all know about the walk, it sucks. But its been like that for 4, coming to 5 years. Yet it is always the biggest moan about Download which I find funny, because there is much bigger issues.
Nope, not comparing at all :roll:

Just saying the walk is a terrible aspect of the festival.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 pm

I go almost every year and I went this year and I still had a great time which was affected by the walk...

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:Nah, the Car Park thing can be improved. A few more stewards at key points to help empty it in stages rather than a free for all would work better. I wouldn't mind waiting knowing that in 30 minutes I'll get a clear run out. Instead of sitting for 2-3 hours moving an inch every so often.
I think this was brought up at the Fan Forum this year again and that it should be getting looked at.

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

metalicbear wrote:
GazzaScotland wrote:What can be done about the camping/walk though?

The excuse of moving the site in 2008 was pathetic and not moving it back a couple of years later when the Grand Prix wasn't going ahead, was a strange and baffling decision.

Have you seen in the infield now? It was a absolute mess and not safe after the F1 moved out! Plus its too big now :(

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:59 pm

I think with the pure amount of people at Download now regarding camping they have done the right thing.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Download would be a better experience if it was smaller, can't blame them for getting as many people as they can in tho and its not enough to put me off going.

GazzaScotland

Postby GazzaScotland » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

The Walk has became part of festival much like the mud at Glasto. It sucks, but complaining every year about it isn't going to change anything.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:41 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:The Walk has became part of festival much like the mud at Glasto. It sucks, but complaining every year about it isn't going to change anything.

Amen!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Mud is as a result of nature but am sure that logistically, something could be done about moving stuff around

defsteve

Postby defsteve » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:32 pm

rockgeek wrote:Mud is as a result of nature but am sure that logistically, something could be done about moving stuff around

If Live nation are getting 100,000+ regardless of the walk they won't be in a hurry to change anything. People can have a little moan here and there but unless they vote with their wallets it will have no impact whatsoever.
††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Store

Incoming: Black Label Society | Death From Above 1979 | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Shawn Smith | Fleetwood Mac | AC/DC

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Why don't you ask them to move the F1 track? ;)

defsteve

Postby defsteve » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:36 pm

When we go, we hotel it. I couldn't give a flying frakk how far the walk to the campsite is :mrgreen:

Incoming: Black Label Society | Death From Above 1979 | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Shawn Smith | Fleetwood Mac | AC/DC

defsteve

Postby defsteve » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Money talks.

Kind of like Sonisphere this year. People didn't like the lineup so they voted not to buy tickets. End result, Sonisphere was cancelled. To ensure this doesn't happen again they have to return with a stellar set of headliners so they are guaranteed it will sell out.

If people stopped going to Download because of the walk, things would change.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm

defsteve wrote:When we go, we hotel it. I couldn't give a flying frakk how far the walk to the campsite is :mrgreen:

Alright for some :P I always camp and I have no issues!

GazzaScotland

Postby GazzaScotland » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 pm

rockgeek wrote:Mud is as a result of nature but am sure that logistically, something could be done about moving stuff around

Looking at the Download site though, what could they do? Convener belts you sit on?

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:

Looking at the Download site though, what could they do? Convener belts you sit on?

:lol: Your sarcasm must burn!

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:The Walk has became part of festival much like the mud at Glasto. It sucks, but complaining every year about it isn't going to change anything.

Or they could have pulled a Reading Festival and introduced more camping closer to the arena.
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 pm

AlexVanHalen wrote:

Or they could have pulled a Reading Festival and introduced more camping closer to the arena.

Where though? There really isn't anywhere else. Maybe the infield when its sorted out but since we're still another year away from that it not really practicable.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Hate poeple that get too much into a Soni/Download rivalry and have to bitch about Download.

add

Postby add » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:

you joke but roskilde had a giant cable car system this year Image

muse2012 wrote:Hate poeple that get too much into a Soni/Download rivalry and have to bitch about Download.

i hate it when people start going on about a rivalry and using it as an excuse to slag someone off that just plainly doesnt like something about a festival

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 pm

GazzaScotland wrote:

Convener? Location move, camping nearer, arena move...

add wrote:i hate it when people start going on about a rivalry and using it as an excuse to slag someone off that just plainly doesnt like something about a festival
:bow-yellow:

I like DLF for the record. I prefer Sonisphere. Doesn't mean I don't like DLF

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”