Bat Sabbath

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
User avatar
Fraych
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:35 am
Location: South Wales

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby Fraych » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:30 pm

lemming3k wrote:
darth moo wrote:oh sorry :lol: i liked the reactions from people when they brought out the drum kit with FF written on it and people started saying "oh my god its the foo fighters" :doh:

:doh: It's almost as bad as everyone running around saying "I hope Weezer play Teenage Dirtbag, it's their best song...."

I got a hi-five from the Cancer Bats singer though so I'm happy.


Haha I did too, but in the CB set

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby darth moo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm

lemming3k wrote:
darth moo wrote:oh sorry :lol: i liked the reactions from people when they brought out the drum kit with FF written on it and people started saying "oh my god its the foo fighters" :doh:

:doh: It's almost as bad as everyone running around saying "I hope Weezer play Teenage Dirtbag, it's their best song...."

I got a hi-five from the Cancer Bats singer though so I'm happy.


lol yeah that is stupid :lol: i was happy that they played it though cos im not a massive fan of weezer and i like that song :P

and really? wow that's awesome! :D
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
1878
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 am
Location: West Derby

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby 1878 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm


User avatar
lolatheminxx
Posts: 4001
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lolatheminxx » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 pm

lemming3k wrote:
darth moo wrote:oh sorry :lol: i liked the reactions from people when they brought out the drum kit with FF written on it and people started saying "oh my god its the foo fighters" :doh:

:doh: It's almost as bad as everyone running around saying "I hope Weezer play Teenage Dirtbag, it's their best song...."

I got a hi-five from the Cancer Bats singer though so I'm happy.


Yeah but that's why when they played it I think I was the only one standing there going "Ehhhhhhh..... does nobody else remember this song was by Wheatus? Even Weezer themselves?"
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

User avatar
LJG
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby LJG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm


Maggot Brain
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby Maggot Brain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Wow what great quality. I couldn't even get a decent picture of them with my shitty camera. What camera do you have?

User avatar
LJG
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby LJG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Same, this is the best photo I managed to get of them.

Image

Would've taken my Nikon D3000 with me.... but I didn't wanna risk it getting broken / stolen :(

User avatar
add
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby add » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:52 pm

lolatheminxx wrote:
lemming3k wrote:
darth moo wrote:oh sorry :lol: i liked the reactions from people when they brought out the drum kit with FF written on it and people started saying "oh my god its the foo fighters" :doh:

:doh: It's almost as bad as everyone running around saying "I hope Weezer play Teenage Dirtbag, it's their best song...."

I got a hi-five from the Cancer Bats singer though so I'm happy.


Yeah but that's why when they played it I think I was the only one standing there going "Ehhhhhhh..... does nobody else remember this song was by Wheatus? Even Weezer themselves?"



its ok wheatus have a habit of playing beverly hills aswell :D

User avatar
1878
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 am
Location: West Derby

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby 1878 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Maggot Brain wrote:Wow what great quality. I couldn't even get a decent picture of them with my shitty camera. What camera do you have?


Panasonic Lumix TZ7

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

i was on the barrier so i got 2 or 3 good photos :P this is probably the best one:


Image
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 am

Fraych wrote:Haha I did too, but in the CB set

Ah he was awesome when he came down to the crowd! So glad I saw them again.
darth moo wrote:lol yeah that is stupid :lol: i was happy that they played it though cos im not a massive fan of weezer and i like that song :P

and really? wow that's awesome! :D


They do it quite well, but it seriously annoyed me at Reading last year because then everyone turned around and went "see, I told you it was them!" Like, the little fuckers aren't even old enough to remember the damn song!
And yeh, he came down to the crowd after so loads of people did, I like that, it's appreciative of the fans.
Looking at your pic you can't have been far away from me haha.
Last edited by lemming3k on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:35 am

lolatheminxx wrote:Yeah but that's why when they played it I think I was the only one standing there going "Ehhhhhhh..... does nobody else remember this song was by Wheatus? Even Weezer themselves?"


lol only people of a certain age. They ironically play it quite often IIRC. Though I was hoping for another MGMT/poker face cover.....
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

User avatar
MattOnBass
Posts: 6190
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: London

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby MattOnBass » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 am

they play it whenever they come to the UK, basically. only played it once outside of the UK.
ImageImage
http://www.myspace.com/noalibitheband
FMC 1k955688 Ambassador SF838L

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby darth moo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am

lemming3k wrote:Looking at your pic you can't have been far away from me haha.


you weren't by any chance the guy i was joking with about it being the foo fighters? :P i was at the barrier in front of the guitarist lol
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
Mad_Capsule
Posts: 5248
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Kingston

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 pm

lemming3k wrote:
lolatheminxx wrote:Yeah but that's why when they played it I think I was the only one standing there going "Ehhhhhhh..... does nobody else remember this song was by Wheatus? Even Weezer themselves?"


lol only people of a certain age. They ironically play it quite often IIRC. Though I was hoping for another MGMT/poker face cover.....


Fans know it's a joke because the amount of people that get them mixed up, seriously. When they were at Reading I asked if people were going to see Weezer and everyone was like 'who?' followed by one guy saying 'OH YEAH! They did Teenage Dirtbag' :doh: didn't help that they went on to play, idiot probably thought he was right :lol: I was hoping for poker face or something too, was thoroughly disappointed with the cover we got instead because it sent me a sleep a little :lol:
Image
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

darth moo wrote:
lemming3k wrote:Looking at your pic you can't have been far away from me haha.


you weren't by any chance the guy i was joking with about it being the foo fighters? :P i was at the barrier in front of the guitarist lol

Nope, but I was pretty much in that spot too for both sets, just behind a short blonde girl who was on the barrier - oddly enough the same girl I was behind for the first Cancer Bats set! I remember because for the Anberlin set those bright lights at the bottom of the stage were shining right in my face!
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 am

Mad_Capsule wrote:Fans know it's a joke because the amount of people that get them mixed up, seriously. When they were at Reading I asked if people were going to see Weezer and everyone was like 'who?' followed by one guy saying 'OH YEAH! They did Teenage Dirtbag' :doh: didn't help that they went on to play, idiot probably thought he was right :lol: I was hoping for poker face or something too, was thoroughly disappointed with the cover we got instead because it sent me a sleep a little :lol:

Yep, Weezer play up to the whole thing for fun. Tbf it's a good cover, and I like hearing it, I just want to slap the people that think it's their song. Reading had so many of them it drove me crazy!
Though the gaga wig and rolling around in the mud was class so I was hoping for a repeat, especially as the download I got for pokerface/MGMT was obviously done live somewhere else so they must have played it a few times. I guess they didn't think the crowd would go for it.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby darth moo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

lemming3k wrote:
darth moo wrote:
lemming3k wrote:Looking at your pic you can't have been far away from me haha.


you weren't by any chance the guy i was joking with about it being the foo fighters? :P i was at the barrier in front of the guitarist lol

Nope, but I was pretty much in that spot too for both sets, just behind a short blonde girl who was on the barrier - oddly enough the same girl I was behind for the first Cancer Bats set! I remember because for the Anberlin set those bright lights at the bottom of the stage were shining right in my face!


oh cool you were probably just behind me somewhere then lol
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
the hindenpeter
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm
Location: Essex - Hullbridge

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby the hindenpeter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:23 pm

lemming3k wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:Fans know it's a joke because the amount of people that get them mixed up, seriously. When they were at Reading I asked if people were going to see Weezer and everyone was like 'who?' followed by one guy saying 'OH YEAH! They did Teenage Dirtbag' :doh: didn't help that they went on to play, idiot probably thought he was right :lol: I was hoping for poker face or something too, was thoroughly disappointed with the cover we got instead because it sent me a sleep a little :lol:

Yep, Weezer play up to the whole thing for fun. Tbf it's a good cover, and I like hearing it, I just want to slap the people that think it's their song. Reading had so many of them it drove me crazy!
Though the gaga wig and rolling around in the mud was class so I was hoping for a repeat, especially as the download I got for pokerface/MGMT was obviously done live somewhere else so they must have played it a few times. I guess they didn't think the crowd would go for it.


It was good fun, but I think with their Radiohead cover, it showed a more serious side to them and I really enjoyed that too. Both times I have seen weezer they've been brilliant.

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:56 pm

the hindenpeter wrote:It was good fun, but I think with their Radiohead cover, it showed a more serious side to them and I really enjoyed that too. Both times I have seen weezer they've been brilliant.

That's true, although I prefer to see bands really enjoying what they do. I don't really know Radiohead that well, but Weezer were still great.
darth moo wrote:oh cool you were probably just behind me somewhere then lol

Must have been! Strange weekend.
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

I was stood next to some girl who was topless for no reason whatsoever, and a guy with dyed blonde hair (who I realised after 5 mins was Metal Dan from my campsite)
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
duncang
Posts: 1898
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby duncang » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 am

Is there normally much of a reason for being topless? Besides giving in to the pervy cameramen

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

duncang wrote:Is there normally much of a reason for being topless? Besides giving in to the pervy cameramen

Well if she's been in the pit or something and her clothes were soaked/ripped, then that would be the best excuse I could think of. But it didn't seem as though that was the reason, and it wasn't as though it was so hot you'd need to strip :lol:
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
lemming3k
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 am

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby lemming3k » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:33 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
duncang wrote:Is there normally much of a reason for being topless? Besides giving in to the pervy cameramen

Well if she's been in the pit or something and her clothes were soaked/ripped, then that would be the best excuse I could think of. But it didn't seem as though that was the reason, and it wasn't as though it was so hot you'd need to strip :lol:

Pff, since when do women consider logic before taking their clothes off? :P
I can still see the bouncy tatty bojangles, but please don't cure me.

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Bat Sabbath

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 pm

lemming3k wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:
duncang wrote:Is there normally much of a reason for being topless? Besides giving in to the pervy cameramen

Well if she's been in the pit or something and her clothes were soaked/ripped, then that would be the best excuse I could think of. But it didn't seem as though that was the reason, and it wasn't as though it was so hot you'd need to strip :lol:

Pff, since when do women consider logic before taking their clothes off? :P

If they did, I'd still be a virgin :P
Image
:animals-cow:


Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”