FMC

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
mrjonny2

Re: FMC

Postby mrjonny2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 am

I had silver after asking every merch stall twice i fat drunk guy told me wat to say and which stall to go to (the one in camping and say "gimme free stuff and wave the voucher")
also wat happened to the fast track entrance for silver hey??
also loads of my frinds said my code didnt work so i only got silver :( instead of gold

corney91

Postby corney91 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 am

Emmjay wrote:Party was great until that guy mixed Drum n Bass with Slayer, that was absolutely fail. lol

That was apparently Twitter Dude (whose username on here I shall not say just in case he wants to be anonymous :P )
Akiras Mum wrote:I had a few problems with the fmc

being in disabled camping it was difficult to get my wristband and party entry as they could not do this at the disabled box office, so we had to walk al the way to the box office (with my mate on crutches)

getting the t shirts was difficult, none of the merch stands could help, and didn't seem to know where i could get them and all sent me to each other. Then there was the walk into normal camping to get the t shirt from the merch stall, which again with a disabled friend was difficult!

We were with a guy in a wheelchair and, yeah, it was a little bit of effort to get to the box office but the people at the merchandise stalls were very helpful with where and when we should be to get the T Shirts :)

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 am

The FMC entry lanes? Anyone know where they were over the weekend as I thought there was a fast-track into the arena/Bohemia bit?

Other than that, all good

Just to clear something up re DJing, I played the songs that all the partygoers heard when they came in (Slipknot, Fear Factory, Hollywood Undead etc) and then joined the two Kili DJs onstage where we all chipped in deciding what to play rather than me playing the set I had in mind (half of which I had already played when you were all coming in), so really credit should be shared out between myself and the two Kili DJs (Alan was one, apologies to the other dude, but I've forgotten his name - both really helpful in setting up the decks and showing me what to do, they also had much better range of CDs than I had! - all in all great fun!) for sending the partygoers mental with the likes of Lamb of God, Machine Head, Drowning Pool, and RATM

:music-headbanger:

Made for a good party - would liked to have DJ'ed a bit more after FreakyFest, but I wanted to spend time with the partygoers on the ground

:)

FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

maiden_87

Postby maiden_87 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am

I had some confusion initially getting my free t shirts with the silver membership - as no one seemed to know where to get them on friday night, but I went back to the fmc hut/entrance thingy and the girls working in there were amazing - they weren't sure what the deal was either but spent about 20 minutes finding out for sure for me and they even gave me free sweeties and chatted for ages - so friendly and was all sorted in the end! :D

Audigy

Postby Audigy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Spent quite a lot of time told being told by the merch stalls that they didnt have the FMC t-shirts only to find that it was a specific one in the camping area that had them, also whats with the 'silver Fast-track' thingy, saw nothing about it in any entrances and no specific lanes or anything

Murry

Postby Murry » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:59 pm

i think it sucked that my mate bought mine and his tickets at the same time yet only he was alowed a bronze band!!

Keirico

Postby Keirico » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm

I thought it was all sorted out abit too close to the festival, with those final emails, if they had been a couple weeks earlier I would have gotten them in time and been able to get my wristband and get into the party, ah well.
Btw, next year will FMC peeps from this year still be FMC next year? Like with the same codes? Or will it sort of start again and everyone who buys tickets before a certain date for Sonis 2010 will be an FMC member then?
last.fm Just wacking my brothers and my own FMC codes in here so we don't forget them for next year 1k919074, 1k919075

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I thought the FMC was fine for the first year. Not everything can go smoothly but in fairness it was something new and I liked it :) Me and my mates dressed up for the party and absolutely had a blast. I even managed to sneak and extra free beer! Yeah the tshirts got lost for a while but they turned up in the end so i got mine. Would have preferred a girls size but such is life.

In terms of the party - i think there should have been a competition for the fancy dress to encourage more people to do it! Its way more fun & you get to meet more people when you are dressed up. Thought they could have done a bit more talking to the crowd or something to make it feel a bit more like something different other than a DJ set. Triaxis - fair play man! i would have bricked it up there! Just aswell they didnt call us for karaoke as we put our names down and then realised everyone was rediculously good.

HATED the STRIPPERS - i'm sorry but i think they were really crap, killed the atmosphere in the tent and in fairness WHERE WERE THE MALE STRIPPERS! if you are going to do that gooseberry at least cater for everyone :)

For next year i would like to see:
1. Clear instructions when buying tickets on how to use the codes - you had to scroll right down the page and it looked like you had to put your own code in.
2. The ability to put in the name of the person who the ticket is being purchased for with the code - this caused no end of problems for people whos mammy, aunties etc had bought tickets and then had the FMC codes and party invites issued in their names.
3. An earlier cut off of maybe the Monday before for the invites to be issued and tallies done - this was done really close to the day and if you were travelling from abroad etc it was too close and problematic for printing.
4. A clear statement that if people CANT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS properly that its their own fault and they cant go to the party! No accepting deleted emails being replaced, dim wits who cant read and RSVP to an invite etc! If you lost your lottery ticket it wouldnt be replaced!
5. Info sheet to be issued to gold & black members as this obviously was a problem for some

Thats it for now! :music-headbanger:
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

ChrisF

Postby ChrisF » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Is there ANY way to get the FMC tshirts still? I still have my voucher here which I'll even photograph if i need to to send to TS, was very disappointed I couldn't get hold of one all weekend.

Other than that, wristband collection Thursday was ok. :)
Please use FMC Code: 1k910321 when ordering tickets =)

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Fifi wrote:Triaxis - fair play man! i would have bricked it up there!

I was very nervous before but I got over it - would do it again next year if I had the chance

Fifi wrote:For next year i would like to see:
1. Clear instructions when buying tickets on how to use the codes - you had to scroll right down the page and it looked like you had to put your own code in.
2. The ability to put in the name of the person who the ticket is being purchased for with the code - this caused no end of problems for people whos mammy, aunties etc had bought tickets and then had the FMC codes and party invites issued in their names.
3. An earlier cut off of maybe the Monday before for the invites to be issued and tallies done - this was done really close to the day and if you were travelling from abroad etc it was too close and problematic for printing.
4. A clear statement that if people CANT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS properly that its their own fault and they cant go to the party! No accepting deleted emails being replaced, dim wits who cant read and RSVP to an invite etc! If you lost your lottery ticket it wouldnt be replaced!
5. Info sheet to be issued to gold & black members as this obviously was a problem for some

Thats it for now! :music-headbanger:

I like the FMC feedback Fi so will make a note of that. I'm also going to take a more active role on the forums in looking at FMC queries because I only realised the extent of the problems that people were having very late on - I had to double take my emails to see if I could help and by then it was too late

I suspect there'll be a discussion on FMC over the next few months so tis valuable info
corney91 wrote:

BugJemm

Postby BugJemm » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Having only joined the forum recently, I didn't know anything about the FMC until I heard people talking about it at the festival.
I bought my tickets at the beginning of April but from Gigantic not See Tickets, so I assume that explains why I heard nothing about it beforehand. Sent an email earlier today and got a standard reply saying that FMC correspondence is now closed and 'Hopefully we'll see you rocking out at Knebworth" - two days after the festival closed?! :roll: Bit disappointed really, as I would have liked to have been involved over the weekend and would still like to benefit from the other features post-festival.

a-muse-d

Postby a-muse-d » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:38 pm

The party was great, really got me excited about the fest. was a bit late for it though i thought it started at 7, so i had to leg it back to my tent. and then back.
I Like Music :DImage

Keirico

Postby Keirico » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Fifi wrote:2. The ability to put in the name of the person who the ticket is being purchased for with the code - this caused no end of problems for people whos mammy, aunties etc had bought tickets and then had the FMC codes and party invites issued in their names.
Those two are especially good points! They both caused me problems (mostly the second one as I got the codes sorted with Raz quite easily)
last.fm Just wacking my brothers and my own FMC codes in here so we don't forget them for next year 1k919074, 1k919075

corney91

Postby corney91 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Murry wrote:i think it sucked that my mate bought mine and his tickets at the same time yet only he was alowed a bronze band!!

It was clearly stated in the email that your mate got that he should've emailed raz to say he bought your ticket as well ;)
Audigy wrote:Spent quite a lot of time told being told by the merch stalls that they didnt have the FMC t-shirts only to find that it was a specific one in the camping area that had them, also whats with the 'silver Fast-track' thingy, saw nothing about it in any entrances and no specific lanes or anything

The first guy I asked (lots of hair in the arena stall nearest the campsite - helpful, nice guy :) ) gave me the right info - I asked other people as well but they seemed less knowledgeable so I suppose I got lucky first time :D

maxbabe200303

Postby maxbabe200303 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 am

Id like to start with a big up to RAZ!

I mailed him with my FMC enquiry and he replied within 15 minutes and this was at 9:15pm! The sonisphere guys must have been swamped in that mailbox and for me to get a reply that quick i am astounded.

My friend got in contact with a woman in the office, cant remember her name and she never got back to my friend at all. So it goes to show that those who bother get the praise!

I found the FMC box office straight away and was in and out of the queue in 20 minutes max.

The party was excellent, some interesting characters including a young lad dressed up as a Jedi! ROCK ON!
Thanks for the free beers too!

Max
xx

happyalien

Postby happyalien » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:48 am

I got my silver wristband and party wristband no problem on the Thursday - - although I wasn't given a T-shirt voucher at the time. This could partly be my fault as I totally forgot about it and didn't ask.

Didn't even think about the T-shirt till Saturday when I got a very helpful text, I assume off Team Sonisphere, telling me where to collect T-shirts (good idea :) )

I went back to the box office and the woman was really helpful but couldn't give me a voucher as I didn't have the original email (they kept that on Thursday) :(

I can live without the T-shirt though as I had a brilliant weekend (although if there are any spares about I wouldn't mind one :D)

Hodgieoreoh

Postby Hodgieoreoh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Other than the 1h 30min wait in the queue everything was perfect!

I woman behind the queries office helped me out an awful lot as I didn't have my e-mail. She gave me a few security question and then told me I was gold, which was a massive shock!
I was given my gold wristband, 2 vouchers, a laptop case and was given details on how I will get my free ticket to next year! Awesome! :D
ONE | OF | 83 :D
please use my fmc code:1K975448 when ordering tickets for sonisphere 2010! ;D x
oh! pm me if you've used it and i'll see if i can do something for you. <3 P:

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:36 am

Another suggestion - how about releasing extra early ticket sales to the FMC at maybe a 10% discount :) i would be happy to buy my ticket for next year this week!!
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:53 am

The idea of FMC itself was great. Theres no disputing that, I think the main issue was mostly down to organisation. I mean, alot of people were left confused with what they had to bring, if they had to RSVP - if they had already RSVP'd...etc..Also it caused massive box office queues because I dont think on the Thursday anyways, that most realised it was open till 10 pm and could go back later (like I did).

Really its all stuff that could easily be sorted - and will go better next year because A) The same FMC people will have experience and will therefore know what to do, and B) Im sure it'll be organised better after this years feedback, as there wasnt really nay major problems.

The party was fun, and im sure it was a good incentive for people to help shift tickets! It also makes us who bought our tickets early in year one feel special :D

Freakyzulu

Postby Freakyzulu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Glad some of you enjoyed the burlesque. We did have some more Freakyfest material planned, but this had to be changed at last minute due to some performers having to cancel at last minute, but other than that the show ran well and the general reaction from the crowd suggested it was being enjoyed.

If we do come back next year we will bring a bigger, better and more thrillign show. I will promise some boylesque performers too if demand is there, maybe we can get Paul in a nice set of tassels for the crowd.

If you wanna know more on Freakyfest then check www.freakyfest.co.uk for updates and shows.

Thanks for having us and we'll see you all again soon. feel free to chat to us too info@freakyfest.co.uk

Cheers
Uncle Freaky

becci27

Postby becci27 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:06 pm

a-muse-d wrote:The party was great, really got me excited about the fest. was a bit late for it though i thought it started at 7, so i had to leg it back to my tent. and then back.

I thought it started later too. By the time I realised that was the music I could hear (doh!), got my wristband and put my tent up it was too late.

Had a bit of trouble getting FMC wristbands but they were delivered to my tent so no complaints there :D

And we couldn't locate a t-shirt until the second day but the people we asked were reasonably helpful and at least we got one in the end.
My FMC is lonely. Please use it when buying your ticket- 1k959556

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Freakyzulu wrote:Glad some of you enjoyed the burlesque. We did have some more Freakyfest material planned, but this had to be changed at last minute due to some performers having to cancel at last minute, but other than that the show ran well and the general reaction from the crowd suggested it was being enjoyed.

If we do come back next year we will bring a bigger, better and more thrillign show. I will promise some boylesque performers too if demand is there, maybe we can get Paul in a nice set of tassels for the crowd.

Think I'll stick to DJing dude - I'd clear the tent if I took my top off!

:P

Gotta just say well done for putting on the show and getting it organised, hope you managed to enjoy the rest of the weekend and the whole festival experience. We will sit down and have a bevvy or two next time

corney91 wrote:

Freakyzulu

Postby Freakyzulu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm

triaxis wrote:
Freakyzulu wrote:Glad some of you enjoyed the burlesque. We did have some more Freakyfest material planned, but this had to be changed at last minute due to some performers having to cancel at last minute, but other than that the show ran well and the general reaction from the crowd suggested it was being enjoyed.

Think I'll stick to DJing dude - I'd clear the tent if I took my top off!

:P

Gotta just say well done for putting on the show and getting it organised, hope you managed to enjoy the rest of the weekend and the whole festival experience. We will sit down and have a bevvy or two next time

I was stacked all weekend after that, managed to get into the arena once on the Sunday for 15 mins while one of my bands were on stage. Was an awesome weekend though I was none stop working loved it and the crew were amazing.

Will deffo have a drink next weekend at bloodstock

mark2807

Postby mark2807 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Lyekka wrote:Black FMC:

I did my damnedest to find out where "VIP backstage" was, I asked all the guards and info points n stuff but all I got allowed in was the same area that VIP camping ticket holders got to go in..... nothing "backstage" apart from sneaking out into a yard to be told I'm not allowed there!!!

It's the same place :doh:
We VIP's pay extra to get there, you sell tickets, simples
Please use FMC code: 1K910106 when buying your tickets!
lissa wrote:See I have a mad internet crush on Mark and find it so hard to stop myself sending him messages on an hourly basis.

Hysteria wrote:Mark, I love you.

Vice-President of Camp Fighting Mongoose
1 of 83

fairyfluff76

Postby fairyfluff76 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:37 pm

I was just gutted that I only got bronze because I didnt plug my members code.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”