FMC

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

FMC

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 pm

I am sure I am going to open a can of worms here. From what I understand it wasn't perfect but as it was the first time something like this has happened, I never expected it to. Personally I had no issue at all apart from throwing my ticket away in a drunken manner.

mark2807

Re: FMC

Postby mark2807 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Twas very good in my opinion.
Please use FMC code: 1K910106 when buying your tickets!
lissa wrote:See I have a mad internet crush on Mark and find it so hard to stop myself sending him messages on an hourly basis.

Hysteria wrote:Mark, I love you.

Vice-President of Camp Fighting Mongoose
1 of 83

urbansickness

Postby urbansickness » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

had no problems at all, went to the fmc registration, got my wristband and party wristband, then went to the party.

liked the strippers :P
For all photographers or urban explorers use my FMC code :) 1k964248

Image Image

pyrateprincess

Postby pyrateprincess » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

no probs with it-went to reg got wristbands etc

enjoyed the party and triaxis' set was fab-really got the crowd going but we left when the bloke came on and mixed slayer and drum and bass wtf!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I was in literally as far as you can get away from the FMC box office without being off the site. I got there and realised I hadn't got my print out so had to go back and get it. What a Jabroni. I did have a few pints along the way so wasn't so bad. Also got exercise.

ecostacey

Postby ecostacey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

apart from hardly anyone dressing up (i did so felt like a bit of a rat-a-tat-tat) and the long queue to get the wristband it was ok :)

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm

rockgeek wrote: Also got exercise.

GMTA - That's all I was thinking as I walked from the disabled area :P
FMC went without a hitch for me but we had one person in our group who RSVPed after the party was full so we didn't stay...

beLIEveR

Postby beLIEveR » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:38 pm

I thought the FMC events were quite good, but nothing spectacular.

I've gone into this in more depth on other forums, but there needs to be some sort of incentive to buy early next year. Assuming there is a Sonisphere 2010 I'll certainly be there, but I'd find it difficult to justify shelling out in Feb or March without being convinced that even if some tickets do eventually get given away, it's worth my while to shrug off that risk and buy early. The FMC membership levels were undeniably a very good scheme, but as a bronze member (my own fault admittedly), I feel I would have gotten better value had I waited for the coach or Guitar Hero offers. This would be controversial, but perhaps say that the first x ticket buyers get to see a band or two on the Friday, but pay a bit more, and then lower the price thereafter? I think the price point was a little bit too high, but if you offered the choice of two and a bit days for that price, or two days for a bit less, I reckon sales would fare a lot better, particularly after what I assume will be very positive reviews of this year's event.

pingpongp

Postby pingpongp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Whats all the FMC shirt stuff? Is that not the excellent 101UK SHIRT. dIDNT KNOW THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE. Dumb caplock.
If anyone feels like helping me and my boy out, our FMC codes are 1K910326 AND 1K910518. Ta so much.

Martii

Postby Martii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 pm

For me it was ok...just the not knowing if you were on the list for the FMC party was annnoyin...

my boyfriend rsvp'd and didnt get the party thing at the end of his email invite, explained this at the box office, he got in thankfully.

but alot of other people arnt as foutunate in fmc matters...

Lyekka

Postby Lyekka » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Black FMC:

The conference call said we'd be given a map to where we could go, all I got told was in not quite so many words as to sod off, by the supervisor type woman who wouldn't give me the time of day

I did my damnedest to find out where "VIP backstage" was, I asked all the guards and info points n stuff but all I got allowed in was the same area that VIP camping ticket holders got to go in..... nothing "backstage" apart from sneaking out into a yard to be told I'm not allowed there!!!

I also emailed Raz when it was confirmed I'd got black (update on the 20th), no reply due to the spammed-ness created by ppl trying to get their FMC codes at the last minute :'(

This too:

I got T-shirts, but only after having to trapse but to the FMC office a second time as I wasn't given the vouchers the first time... and the black wrist band meant no more then a gold one to me after no1 could tell me where the "VIP back stage" area I had a pass to was located. Disappointed in FMC totally, sadly... and I clocked up 9 referrals in the end, just so I could take my brother backstage with me for his 18th Birthday pressie and it didn't happen :'(
Last edited by Lyekka on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009: Download, Sonisphere UK, Bloodstock and Reading festivals - +many more!
2010: Download, Sonisphere Poland, Sonisphere UK and Bloodstock festivals - +many many more!
Black Founder Member's Club Member number: 1k943442 - Pimp my FMC!

Lyekka

Postby Lyekka » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm

ecostacey wrote:apart from hardly anyone dressing up (i did so felt like a bit of a rat-a-tat-tat)

this too... :'(
2010: Download, Sonisphere Poland, Sonisphere UK and Bloodstock festivals - +many many more!

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Lyekka wrote:Black FMC:

The conference call said we'd be given a map to where we could go, all I got told was in not quite so many words as to sod off, by the supervisor type woman who wouldn't give me the time of day

I did my damnedest to find out where "VIP backstage" was, I asked all the guards and info points n stuff but all I got allowed in was the same area that VIP camping ticket holders got to go in..... nothing "backstage" apart from sneaking out into a yard to be told I'm not allowed there!!!

I also emailed Raz when it was confirmed I'd got black (update on the 20th), no reply due to the spammed-ness created by ppl trying to get their FMC codes at the last minute :'(

It said really clearly where the VIP entrance was!

By the toilets on the left hand side of the mainstage. It was all over every map in the campsites and arena.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

Lyekka

Postby Lyekka » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:57 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
Lyekka wrote:Black FMC:

It said really clearly where the VIP entrance was!

By the toilets on the left hand side of the mainstage. It was all over every map in the campsites and arena.

If it was that obvious, then y couldn't have any of the stewards or info points tell me that! It doesn't matter now anyway, past is past and none us can change it can we? I, and my lil brother whose 18th birthday we were celebrating at the festival, are just disappointed, is all. This also gives me little confidence in receiving my ticket for next year... but I'm optimistic

Stoo1985

Postby Stoo1985 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Being a Bronze member I didnt expect much and yeah.

We went to the party in the last half hour and it was just music.

So I'm guessing we missed out on everything :P

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Party was great until that guy mixed Drum n Bass with Slayer, that was absolutely fail. lol
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

xx__J3SSi

Postby xx__J3SSi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Well, I am equally disappointed about the Tshirts. I went round from Thursday all through Fri and most of Saturday and nobody could tell me where to get my FMC shirts. Not ONE of the merch stalls. I'm thinking I must have been speaking to the idiot on the stall each time but still.... It meant I lost my vouchers on the saturday when I got very drunk and they must have fallen out when I reached in my bag for some bacci or something....

I THEN proceeded to beg the merch stall people to let me PAY for one as I am clearly gold membership (showed my wristband) and explained my woes. They were having none of it, and wouldn't let me speak to anyone who had the power to do something about it :(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I should email? Rav maybe? I'll happily still pay for a tshirt if I have to... would obviously prefer not to but still.

jake mcbirnie

Postby jake mcbirnie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 pm

i frakking loved it broke my toe though (my little one and the one next to it) still carried on moshing thoughout the weekend though =)
CAMP PIRATE beware of the wooden legs :D
FMC: 1k927316 use or feel my wrath

Akiras Mum

Postby Akiras Mum » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 pm

I had a few problems with the fmc

being in disabled camping it was difficult to get my wristband and party entry as they could not do this at the disabled box office, so we had to walk al the way to the box office (with my mate on crutches)

getting the t shirts was difficult, none of the merch stands could help, and didn't seem to know where i could get them and all sent me to each other. Then there was the walk into normal camping to get the t shirt from the merch stall, which again with a disabled friend was difficult!

dave_nicholls

Postby dave_nicholls » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Apart from the t-shirt/ "party" what was the point? It took longer to queue in the FMC line to get wristbands etc than it would have taken in the normal queue, there was only one place to get the t-shirt and the staff manning that particular stand seemed more interested in what they could pick out of their asses than the customers waiting to get things.

All in all, despite all these emails before hand I don't really see the point of it all.

Also, is it a continuous thing from here on or does it start again next year, no one seems to be able to answer this question?

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 pm

the only critisim i would have was that there was no fmc point for vip and we had to walk all the way around , not a biggie really , apart form that ,
the drum and bass man was gooseberry and should have let triaxis do the whole night, his hour long set was better than the kili DJ's and it went a little bit downhill after he came off .
could have had a band or two on for us, i am sure a couple of the jagermiester bands would have appreciated playing to the assembled crowd ,
maybe next year , however was good for the first year,
looking foward to next years already :lol:

all in all good effort TS ;)
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 pm

drum and bass ftw! I thought that remix was jokes :lol:
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

1. can this be changed to FMC Feedback please

2. party was good. i was on the stage got a good photo of the DJ and nearly got one of the pits
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

dave2103

Postby dave2103 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 pm

well ....

went up there and got my party invitation and assumed i would get the gold wristband etc inside the arena

i got nothing ,,,,, when asked people no one knew nothing about it so i couldnt get a t-shit or the wristband ..... I wasnt happy

Clarkey

Postby Clarkey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 pm

The only real problem was that the T-Shirts were out of stock all the time. Luckily my sheer dedication got me one, but apparently others weren't so lucky. Watching everyone run in to get the free booze was hilarious, but it made me think; perhaps you could have let the higher ranked FMC's go in quicker, or get an extra can or whatever - that'd have been deserving of them. The rush was all good for the young 'uns though, I was crying with laughter when I saw a kid who must have been about 12 years old celebrating that he got a can of carlsberg :lol:
Powder Monkey of Camp Pirate
If 1 person uses my FMC code - 1k910067 - i'd be a very happy bunny.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”