Stages and Tents

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Y.L.S

Re: Stages and Tents

Postby Y.L.S » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 pm

robzbase wrote:I agree with what everyone seems to be sayin, most things were great but i have a few points:

> STREAM THE LIVE STREAM FROM THE OTHER STAGE ON THE UNUSED SCREENS!!!!!
> Have at least one more screen on the right of the second stage (i have never seen a festival stage with just the one screen)
> Move the market stalls from in-between the two stages

Apart from that i think for its first year and to try something different for a new festival, overall it was very very well organised and laid out!

I pretty much agree with all this! Ooh, and maybe a bit louder too! :)

Rob_P

Postby Rob_P » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 pm

My only problem with the fest was the hill up to main.. that was it.. but the main stage def needs more a slope downwards so people can see the stage if they are at the back of the crowd.

Grables

Postby Grables » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:29 pm

I remembered something else.

DO NOT PUT THE frakking GUITAR HERO ON THE MAIN STAGE. that was lame, and all it seemed to do was piss the waiting crowd off.

that is all.

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 am

-Second stage needs to be larger, and have a more impressive lighting rig. We were told that the stages would be pretty much equal - it's not surprising that a band who shall not be named band was a bit annoyed at the prospect of being shoved down the listing if it meant being on the 2nd stage.

-Bohemia could have been larger:

Image :D :D

or they need to be equipped with some sort of large mobile HVAC system. It did get a little warm in there...

Grables

Postby Grables » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 am

I disagree, the second stage is not meant to be anywhere near as big as the main. it is only a second stage and it should stay that way because its fine. Its like the NME tent at reading/leeds, for smaller bands that are playing at a similar time on the main. They only have it running alternately to fit more bands in.

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

The idea with the second stage though, is that I think originally Sonisphere were trying to advertise it as if they were both main stages, and the staggering was just so you could watch more bands. Like they wanted to dispell the myth of Main Stage = better, Second Stage = worse. But when you compare the two... that's pretty much the conclusion you come to.

I would def agree that there ahould have been two video screens on Saturn, I;m not really sure why they didn't put them on.. and a third one on the Apollo stage tower so people further back could get a look.

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Plus you have some acts on saturn who were higher than those on Apollo.

So, though the stage was inferior, the bands playing on it were not.

I mean, AAF and TBS got to play on that AWESOME stage, yet AiC and A7x (though I dislike A7x) had to play on a pretty average one...

red death

Postby red death » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:45 am

Another vote to change the layout so that the main stage is not on an uphill - that is just silly.

Personally I would have liked a bit more time between bands, doesn't have to be much more but at times it was virtually impossible to see the end of one set and to get across to the start of the next set. In the end we decided not to bother for a couple of bands which kind of defeated the aim of having the alternate stages.

I wondered if it would be better to have both stages next to each other at the bottom of the hill.
Trivium 2/2, Me First & the Gimme Gimmes 28/2
Tragedy 23/3, FFDP 30/3
(Devildriver) + Sylosis + Bleed from Within 4/4
Suicide Silence 27/6
Sonisphere 3-6/7
Machinehead 4/8, The Hives 21/8
Rise Against 10/11, Volbeat 17/11
Kreator 18/12

mand61123

Postby mand61123 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 am

i liked the stage set up and although i'm small at 5ft 5 i managed to see quite alot more than i usually do the screens were decent so what i couldn't see of the stage i saw on the screens. Sound from the Second stage seemed dodgy unless thats cos we were up the hill but compaired to the main stage it really did. I didn't have an issue with the time period between but i wasn't rushing to get to the front so thats probably why. Was disappointed about missing Corey Taylor but I think it's just teething problems i don't think they anticipated everyone wanting to get in and watch. Overall pretty happy to be honest but yeh i would move the stalls in between the stages for next time. Probably an unreasonable request but longer sets if possible (sunday was non stop for me but sat was pretty quiet) would have liked some of the bands like anthrax and aic to be on longer. Overall awesome job!! will defo be back next year :bow-yellow: :music-rockon:

Bring on the MILKSHAKE!!!

Have you sacrificed a beer yet?
Support a fellow boardie donate @
http://www.justgiving.com/whelanclan/

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”