Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Korikon

Re: Toilets

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Compared to the horror stories I'd heard about portaloos at festivals, those were pretty decent. I only ever used the ones in the campsite and at times it was pretty hit or miss with the quality of the portaloo experience. in my opinion, the campsite ones were not cleaned often enough and definitely did not have the toilet paper replaced on a frequent basis as I hardly ever got a loo with paper (just as well my friend's sister suggested we take our own rol before we left!)

Overall though, not too shabby. I would like to see them separated for genders but not sure how doable that is..

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Alura wrote:
DevilChris wrote:I can't complain too much, but is it just me or did anyone else find it disgusting when you walked in the cubical and there was a big gooey gooseberry lying not flushed and the gooseberry colour was the same in every toilet, i nearly threw up when i saw it :roll:

You're not supposed to look.

My obsessive nature got the better of me, the thought of a shite below me was making me sick and i had no choice some nice person left a gooseberry and never flushed it properly. Plus you all know what i mean about the funny gooseberry colour.

SammSonic

Postby SammSonic » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:44 pm

We were camped in the camp next to the early entry car park (as it was the only site open and with any space on Thursday!) and was disappointed by the long walk followed by whatever queue was there! I found that the toilets next to the shuttle bus pick-up point were closer! BUT they were all always clean apart from one in X5 (next to family camping) where there was blood all over the cubicle! :doh: Yum! So yeah... the point of my rant is that there should be more toilets in general!

See y'all next year!

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 pm

SammSonic wrote:We were camped in the camp next to the early entry car park (as it was the only site open and with any space on Thursday!) and was disappointed by the long walk followed by whatever queue was there! I found that the toilets next to the shuttle bus pick-up point were closer! BUT they were all always clean apart from one in X5 (next to family camping) where there was blood all over the cubicle! :doh: Yum! So yeah... the point of my rant is that there should be more toilets in general!

See y'all next year!

Blood?!? :shock: I was in X5 - it was the disabled one... I hope noone fell or anything like that... :?

Knebworth79

Postby Knebworth79 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Maybe one or two more "blocks" might have been good, but was impressed overall. 30 years ago, it was the hole in the ground in front of your feet. Never queued once. Excellent.

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm

corney91 wrote:
SammSonic wrote:We were camped in the camp next to the early entry car park (as it was the only site open and with any space on Thursday!) and was disappointed by the long walk followed by whatever queue was there! I found that the toilets next to the shuttle bus pick-up point were closer! BUT they were all always clean apart from one in X5 (next to family camping) where there was blood all over the cubicle! :doh: Yum! So yeah... the point of my rant is that there should be more toilets in general!

See y'all next year!

Blood?!? :shock: I was in X5 - it was the disabled one... I hope noone fell or anything like that... :?

Say Corney 91, you didin't happen to have a black t-shirt saying Corney91 printed at the top?

SammSonic

Postby SammSonic » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm

corney91 wrote:

See y'all next year!

Was that the disabled one? It was the closest sign i can remember seeing! But anyway, there was bloody pants, trousers, tissues and a huge puddle of blood on the floor and over the walls but for some reason, the bowl and the plastic bit around the flusher was perfectly clean!!! Who knows!

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 pm

DevilChris wrote:Say Corney 91, you didin't happen to have a black t-shirt saying Corney91 printed at the top?

Why yes, yes I did (for all four days :lol: )
SammSonic wrote:
corney91 wrote:

See y'all next year!

Was that the disabled one? It was the closest sign i can remember seeing! But anyway, there was bloody pants, trousers, tissues and a huge puddle of blood on the floor and over the walls but for some reason, the bowl and the plastic bit around the flusher was perfectly clean!!! Who knows!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was X5 we were in - it definitely had a five in it and was right next to the entrance to the arena (between the Police Station and Artist Hospitality) - sounds like something bad happened but I didn't hear about anything - I hope the person was ok... :?

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:57 pm

DevilChris wrote:
Alura wrote:
DevilChris wrote:I can't complain too much, but is it just me or did anyone else find it disgusting when you walked in the cubical and there was a big gooey gooseberry lying not flushed and the gooseberry colour was the same in every toilet, i nearly threw up when i saw it :roll:

You're not supposed to look.

My obsessive nature got the better of me, the thought of a shite below me was making me sick and i had no choice some nice person left a gooseberry and never flushed it properly. Plus you all know what i mean about the funny gooseberry colour.

I know what you mean about the colour. It's like it goes an even yellower shade than normal, and that coupled with some bastard having diarrhoea meant I was left with a wonderful runny present that had somehow got onto the toilet seat as well. Disgusting.

On a similar point... my dear girls. WTF IS WITH YOU LEAVING USED TAMPONS AND PADS ON THE FLOOR. Is there no sense of decency?? It's not that hard to roll the pad up, put it in your bag and throw it in the nearest bin. The rest of the campsite does not want to have to go into a toilet and see menstrual remains. Srsly.

Hand sanitizing gel, however, was a godsend. I'd brought my own bottle and sometimes used it to wipe down the toilet seat when I needed to sit. It takes a bit of time but I would recommend it if you're prone to being obsessed about germs and stuff, and at least you leave the toilet nice and clean hor whoever has to go in after you :lol:

SammSonic

Postby SammSonic » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Korikon wrote:
Overall though, not too shabby. I would like to see them separated for genders but not sure how doable that is..

But you people with willies had urinals!

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 pm

...errr there are two people in my display picture. One of them is Brandon Saller, the drummer from Atreyu. The other one is me.

I don't think your comment applies.

Monopoly

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Korikon wrote:
SammSonic wrote:
Korikon wrote:

But you people with willies had urinals!

..errr there are two people in my display picture. One of them is Brandon Saller, the drummer from Atreyu. The other one is me.

I don't think your comment applies.

:lol: Owned.
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

subculture hero

Postby subculture hero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:20 pm

For anyone complaining about the toilets:

AT LEAST THEY WEREN'T LONGDROPS.

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:27 pm

My obsessive nature got the better of me, the thought of a shite below me was making me sick and i had no choice some nice person left a gooseberry and never flushed it properly. Plus you all know what i mean about the funny gooseberry colour.[/quote]

I know what you mean about the colour. It's like it goes an even yellower shade than normal, and that coupled with some bastard having diarrhoea meant I was left with a wonderful runny present that had somehow got onto the toilet seat as well. Disgusting.

It makes you wonder why the shite goes that colour, i know that sounds horrible, but that doesn't normally happen to anyone, could it be one of the food products, my money is the china takeaway i found a hair in the sweet and sour chicken, yuk.

and yea thanks for the tip i'll be taking hand sanitizer next time to clean those nasty germs away lol

Thought so corney91, i think it was at lamb of god near the barrier i saw your t-shirt lol
Last edited by DevilChris on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deadwing

Postby deadwing » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:27 pm

rockgeek wrote:
NINtallica wrote:They needed another set of urinals near the toilets on the left of mainstage. By the middle of some of the sets people were taking a leak up against the fence or the back of the portaloos. Nice!
Yeah... but people pissing wherever they want is pretty much part of any festival unfortunately

And that's just the women!!! :D

Didn't see it this weekend but at Download, I was taking a leak in the urinals and a REALLY drunk girl came in and used the next place to me... Didn't know whether to applaud her effort or be disgusted!!!

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Best major festival toilets yet.

My only gripe is that when it rained the ground around the urinals turned in to a marsh, maybe something to prevent this
FMC Code - 1k949287

plyvsct

Postby plyvsct » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:45 pm

I don't think there were anywhere near enough toilets at Sonisphere. The toilets both sides of the main stage always had enormous queues (even during Metallica when they should have been quiet) and it was a trek back to the toilets in Bohemia. Ideally you shoulds have to spend longer than 20 minutes in a queue for a toilet at a festival as it is just time spent missing bands. It is alright for blokes who have the additional resources of urinals and fences (not to mention being able to piss in a cup or on the ground in a crowd) but women are fucked if they have to go desperately as there only option is to piss themselves or flash their ass to the masses and squat on the ground (I did consider this in one queue).

It would be nice if there were gender specific toilets as well (they do it at Reading and have as long as I have been going). It doesn't have to be all toilets just some and as they had people showing you into toilets anyway (as times 3 or 4 of them) they could easily staff it. Also I was disappointed with the lack of she-wee presence at Sonisphere (probably due to no female only toilets).

Monopoly

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm

plyvsct wrote:I don't think there were anywhere near enough toilets at Sonisphere. The toilets both sides of the main stage always had enormous queues (even during Metallica when they should have been quiet) and it was a trek back to the toilets in Bohemia. Ideally you shoulds have to spend longer than 20 minutes in a queue for a toilet at a festival as it is just time spent missing bands. It is alright for blokes who have the additional resources of urinals and fences (not to mention being able to piss in a cup or on the ground in a crowd) but women are fucked if they have to go desperately as there only option is to piss themselves or flash their ass to the masses and squat on the ground (I did consider this in one queue).

It would be nice if there were gender specific toilets as well (they do it at Reading and have as long as I have been going). It doesn't have to be all toilets just some and as they had people showing you into toilets anyway (as times 3 or 4 of them) they could easily staff it. Also I was disappointed with the lack of she-wee presence at Sonisphere (probably due to no female only toilets).

Dunno where you were trying to find the loos, but there were some other ones near the main entrance to the arena (not the ones by the signing tent), always at least half empty so I always went there.
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:08 pm

corney91 wrote:I had no problems with toilets at all - much better than I expected to be honest :)
Alura wrote:Oh and not that i want to be accused of sexism but i think there should be a couple of blocks of toilets just for women, purely because we cannot use urinals/piss against a fence, we always have to go in a loo, and if we're just peeing there wouldnt be too long a queue.

How about using a Sheewee? :lol:

You say that, but the female urinals they had at reading last year were awesome, a bit wee ish on the floor but i was all over those bad boys.

Martii

Postby Martii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:13 pm

frakking DISCUSTING! should be emptyed/cleaned reguly

AllFallD0wn

Postby AllFallD0wn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:16 pm

alexcore wrote:compared to what I've seen at reading in the past these were positively glorious! :D

Yeah. I think they were pretty good to be honest. They even had bog roll!

(And yeah, you do look fatter on your picture :P )
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Martii wrote:frakking DISCUSTING! should be emptyed/cleaned reguly

Spot on you tell them girl!

I'd feel sorry for anybody who has to clean them, but that's what there payed for!

A Magician

Postby A Magician » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm

I didn't think the toilets were too bad. I did go in one which was disgusting so I quickly left it, fortunately there wasn't a queue so I was able to get in another decent toilet. I think that more toilets were needed though as everyone else has suggested.

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Usual festival standard, maybe could've had more of them - urinals were a good addition though they needed to be emptied more regularly

Also think that the urinals by A2 and A3 could've done with being sat on a metal grill of some sort so that we're not deterred by the swamp that builds up by 'em. Works at other eurofests, so maybe look into it for the next Soni
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

martin

Postby martin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:35 pm

The urinals on the left hand side of them stage were blocked and over flowing, leaving an awful 'marsh land' effect.
Could of done with more of these and maybe some straw or stones put down.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”