Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Toilets

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:01 am

:?:

I personally think there should have been more. I'd have shifted toilets right down to A5, extend them a bit more and have food vendors closer to arena. Only the slightest of niggles as it never really affected me but I could see the queues.

jon206

Re: Toilets

Postby jon206 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:10 am

There was alot of queuing for Portaloos but I have been told they were always nice and clean! :D

NINtallica

Postby NINtallica » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 am

They needed another set of urinals near the toilets on the left of mainstage. By the middle of some of the sets people were taking a leak up against the fence or the back of the portaloos. Nice!
Upcoming:
Combichrist (Camden), Avenged Sevenfold (Brixton), Disturbed/Papa Roach/Buckcherry/Halestorm (Wembley)

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 am

NINtallica wrote:They needed another set of urinals near the toilets on the left of mainstage. By the middle of some of the sets people were taking a leak up against the fence or the back of the portaloos. Nice!
Yeah... but people pissing wherever they want is pretty much part of any festival unfortunately

jon206

Postby jon206 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

rockgeek wrote:
NINtallica wrote:They needed another set of urinals near the toilets on the left of mainstage. By the middle of some of the sets people were taking a leak up against the fence or the back of the portaloos. Nice!
Yeah... but people pissing wherever they want is pretty much part of any festival unfortunately

Didnt have any urinal issues on the right of the stage!

metallicagirl

Postby metallicagirl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 am

The toilets outside the entrance were disgusting and had no loo roll when I went.

But the ones inside were well maintained and about as clean as they could be. The queues by the stages were big, but we went to the one near the signing tent and there was never a queue.

D_C

Postby D_C » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 am

I think I got lucky with toilets, and never really got any bad ones. Some did overflow just before Metallica (they were the ones near the VIP entrance from the arena.

Urinals were genius though.
Last edited by D_C on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kas

Postby kas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:24 am

not enough disabled toilets I found 5 in the arena and they werent cleaned enough as they were right next to the platforms you could smell them on the platforms

urbansickness

Postby urbansickness » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

toilets in the camp site were pretty skanky although i did see them being cleaned a few times, so they were trying .

In the arena the toilets were fine, no problems. Constantly being filled with toilet roll.
Urinals were great for us blokes so we didnt have to queue.

I used the comfy crappers a couple of times. thought they were pretty cool. Maybe have another comfy crapper tent near other toilets next time?
For all photographers or urban explorers use my FMC code :) 1k964248

Image Image

Louise

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

I posted this in misc aswell, but ill repeat here:

Personally I didnt think there were enough toilets in the campsite area.

Its was my first big festival so im not sure if what was available was pretty typical, but queueing for half an hour to use the toilets in the morning for me just wasnt good enough. The general condition wasnt fantastic, but not as bad as I was expecting, so no real complaints on that front, just numbers. I had my own paper, so I had no issues with the fact that there was never any available, but I saw some unfortunate people picking up napkins from the floor before getting in the queue for the loos :o

In the arena I had no problems at all. There were certain areas which never seemed to have a queue, there was always paper and I was fortunate enough not to encounter a rancid toilet there.

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Urinals were very useful, never had to queue for one, Queued for the toilets in the campsite the one time I used it, but that was only a 3-4 minute wait, and the toilet seemed as good as new, despite this being saturday afternoon.
The lass had to queue for a while to use the portoloos but thats to be expected, Thank God i'm a bloke, I wouldn't want to queue up for upwards of 10 minutes to take a piss :lol:

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:07 pm

needed some in the early entry site. otherwise I didn't think there was much of a need for more. sure there were always queues but they moved pretty quick from what I saw?
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:11 pm

i never waited in a queue always straight in, didnt go to the ones in the middle of the field they where always queued out!! they where clean enough and always had toilet roll!!

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:15 pm

I agree with above, it was the campsite that was the issue. In the mornings was the worst. In the arena itself although the queues looked huge they went down really fast and the ones next to the exit on the left of the bohemia tent basically had no queue everytime i went.

In general, although getting a bit gross (and finding a tent in one) the portaloos were good. Less disgusting than longdrops and you can just keep using them cause there's no danger of it flooding when full like a flush toilet. I think when it comes to the toilets people need to man the hell up. I jumped the queue a few times when there were empty ones people didnt appear to want to use cause they were a big gross.

Edit:

Oh and not that i want to be accused of sexism but i think there should be a couple of blocks of toilets just for women, purely because we cannot use urinals/piss against a fence, we always have to go in a loo, and if we're just peeing there wouldnt be too long a queue.
Last edited by Alura on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:18 pm

compared to what I've seen at reading in the past these were positively glorious! :D
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Squeep!

Postby Squeep! » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Didn't manage to even find the disbled toilets, so the other half attempted to use the urinals. I would say there were more needed as the queues by the main stage seemed ridiculous. However, i can't comment on the cleanliness as managed to avoid using them the entire weekend-woop! That was purely because i was too scared to go to the loo and leave the other half in the wheelchair in case someone knocked his leg :roll:
Anyone yet to buy tickets? Please use my FMC code:1k987883 i'll be eternally greatful (think small green alien from Toy Story)

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Squeep! wrote:Didn't manage to even find the disbled toilets, so the other half attempted to use the urinals. I would say there were more needed as the queues by the main stage seemed ridiculous. However, i can't comment on the cleanliness as managed to avoid using them the entire weekend-woop! That was purely because i was too scared to go to the loo and leave the other half in the wheelchair in case someone knocked his leg :roll:

There were a couple of disabled toilets directly infront of the platform at the main stage, at least thats what they looked like, anyway - i'd imagine there were also a few at the second stage platform as well?

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Some were fine, Others frakking disgusting, why the frakk would people smear gooseberry on the wall.

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm

I can't complain too much, but is it just me or did anyone else find it disgusting when you walked in the cubical and there was a big gooey gooseberry lying not flushed and the gooseberry colour was the same in every toilet, i nearly threw up when i saw it :roll:

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 pm

DevilChris wrote:I can't complain too much, but is it just me or did anyone else find it disgusting when you walked in the cubical and there was a big gooey gooseberry lying not flushed and the gooseberry colour was the same in every toilet, i nearly threw up when i saw it :roll:

You're not supposed to look.

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:24 pm

I had no problems with toilets at all - much better than I expected to be honest :)
Alura wrote:Oh and not that i want to be accused of sexism but i think there should be a couple of blocks of toilets just for women, purely because we cannot use urinals/piss against a fence, we always have to go in a loo, and if we're just peeing there wouldnt be too long a queue.

How about using a Sheewee? :lol:

xHarlotx

Postby xHarlotx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:36 pm

toilets were damn good compared to other places like reading tbh, i never used one that wasn't clean or without loo roll. Did get in a couple of queues but it was never for very long coz it was really well organised :D

fairyfluff76

Postby fairyfluff76 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 pm

I paid to use comfy crappers and they were fab!!

Would definately use them again.

Rockandale

Postby Rockandale » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 pm

The loos in the arena were good and it was great to have people maintaining them and speeding up the queue.

Unfortunately on the campsite there were nowhere near enough loos, and as far as I could see they only got cleaned once a day which just isn't good enough. On the Saturday morning I went in one not long after they had all been cleaned, and there was no flush water!
The queues in the morning were horrendous and it was pot luck whether you got a usable one. There should have been many more in different areas in the fields.
It would also definitely be better to split ladies and gents loos so us girls don't have to wait so long just for a piddle behind blokes who've got a job to do!

Davy

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:28 pm

+ In the arena there was a good amount of toilets that were fairly spread out too.
+ They weren't too bad.
+ It was good to have the option to pay for the 'comfy' ones.
+ Never had a problem with queuing and it only seemed to happen in the mornings.

- Not enough in the camping bit, especially as you got further away from the car park.
- Perhaps could have been good to split the girls and boys ones.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”