Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
jadeylemonadey

Re: Toilets

Postby jadeylemonadey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm

they were a hundred times better than i was expecting, i feared the worst, so they were alright, except for when there was sick and shat everywhere.
the only time they'd ever really smell is when they were getting cleaned so it's could've been a lot worse! and i wasnt expecting there to be toilet roll at all so that was a pleasant surprise, but meant i could've packed more stuff into my bag and not toilet roll lol

and i thank the lord that i was born a female after reading about the piss marsh's that were the floors of the urinals, BARF.

davetkd666

Postby davetkd666 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Actually never had a problem, and saw that they were regularly cleaned, only thing was in early etry camping the smell just never seemed to go away

freeze-dry-seal

Postby freeze-dry-seal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:41 pm

camped near the main entrance to the arena. and unfort by the toilets. Didnt smell tho but problem was at 6 o'clock every morning. They would pump the gooseberry out. The noise was just painful... hearing gooseberry sloshing about. Not pleasent. Couldnt go back to sleep after that.

Was quite annoying with the amount of people queing for the toilets. Need more

Oh well. The whole festival had its pro's and con's like every festival. I enjoyed it
Download 05, 06, 07, 09
Sonisphere 09

SammSonic

Postby SammSonic » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:50 pm

:oops: I do apologise Korikon! But i've never even listened to Atreyu in my life so i wouldn't have had a clue! ;)

a-muse-d

Postby a-muse-d » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:18 pm

I didnt have any huge problems with them, but loads of people came on the Sunday and the queues tripled in size, which was a bit annoying.
I Like Music :DImage

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm

SammSonic wrote::oops: I do apologise Korikon! But i've never even listened to Atreyu in my life so i wouldn't have had a clue! ;)

I'll forgive you then ;) But nah, the toilets weren't too bad. Although there was one point where two guys both went into the portaloos on either side of me and were shouting a conversation to each other about whether or not they were just pissing or taking a dump, and then planning the rest of their night. I was like... wtf couldn't it wait 5 minutes? XD

twigglet

Postby twigglet » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm

I bought a Comfy Crappers wristband and they were great. Would definately use them again as they were the cleanest festival toilets I have ever used and the staff were lovely.

It would be great if they could have more of them at next years festival although I never had to wait more than 5 mins to use them during the whole weekend.

d1899

Postby d1899 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:39 pm

all seemed good, maybe one or two more in the campsites.

grills on the floor by the urinals in the arena though.

Shewolfmegadeth

Postby Shewolfmegadeth » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 pm

More toilets definatly..... they did seem cleaner than when DL had porta loos though.
UP THE IRONS!

line-6

Postby line-6 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Why did they take our good loos away from VIP? Left us with really nasty ones!

luks

Postby luks » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:30 am

Not read all 4 pages of this post so I apologise if I repeat what's already been said.

I thought the toilet were pretty good, generally clean throughout the arena and the ones in the campsite that I used seemed alright too.

My one recommendation would be that all toilets were floodlit as the ones by my tent weren't and they're pretty dark at night!

Also - one comment to the boy in the white shirt with the mini loudspeaker hanging from his chest - it's really not necessary to piss all over the entire toilet (and I mean ALL over!) :-x

maxbabe200303

Postby maxbabe200303 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah i cant be bothered to read all of this thread cos its all saying the same thing but,

In VIP, Employ different cleaners for the showers and toilets next year. Some young blonde haired lad and and emo girl took it upon themselves self to clean four toilets at the same time on Saturday, they started at about 9am and were still cleaning the same four at almost 6pm when we popped back to camp.

I never found a block that didnt have toilet roll though - id even took my own just in case but never once needed it!

Max
xx

Nene

Postby Nene » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:49 pm

subculture hero wrote:For anyone complaining about the toilets:

AT LEAST THEY WEREN'T LONGDROPS.

This! Totally.
The toilets were lush compared to what I was expecting. Toilet roll and handwash!! Was very impressed at how clean they were. The smell was worse on the outside then inside, and other than some drips on the floor I didn't see anything too horrible!

More toilets in the campsite would have been better though, there was often a queue and they did get pretty stinky. Another block in between the two stages would have been brilliant too, was a pain having to run to the bottom for a piss in the 5 mins bettween bands.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 am

Toilets were fine, maybe a few more dotted around would have been good, but for a bloke it wasnt too bad as there were the open Urinals :lol: which always had space..... :P

Showers though, there could have been more of them. I would have maybe used them then, because those ones that cost 2.50 and they were queued out every morning.

Sounddd

Postby Sounddd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:06 am

I really liked the toilets this year, although they were way to cramped
maschera wrote: So is it well established now that Sounddd and Hysteria are very well endowed?!

:twisted: Your gonna burn in hell :twisted:

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 am

Sounddd wrote:I really liked the toilets this year, although they were way to cramped

I told you we wouldnt be able to share! :roll:

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 am

kipper64 wrote:
Sounddd wrote:I really liked the toilets this year, although they were way to cramped

I told you we wouldnt be able to share! :roll:

but by jove you tried
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

chadisgod

Postby chadisgod » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 am

i was in the bottom campsite nearest to the car park and it was the only one without its own toilets maybe we could have some in their next year and a few more aound the festival in general as the ques were huge
Rotten To The Core

Me with Brian from shadows fall ^^^ and with Ivan from 5FDP in my avatar.

Wet t-shirts: let's do this gooseberry

Danger Man

Postby Danger Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Toilets were luxury compared to the longdrops at other festivals. The ones on our campsite were cleaned twice a day and, as long as you were up early, there were no queues.

SH4RKEE

Postby SH4RKEE » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Comfy Crappers were excellent, two small niggles though ...

1 - move them closer to the campsites next year so people can actually find them
2 - have them open on the monday morning, i was really disappointed to find them closed on the monday
GB Emergency Medical Services Ltd.
Registered Company in England & Wales No. 7334637

Find us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gb_ems
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GBEMS10

The Yeti

Postby The Yeti » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Sorry cannot read through all of the posts, so apologies if these comments have been made before. Did not camp so can only comment on the arena.

Overall very impressed with the 'facilities' on offer. Yes the urinals did get a little messy on Sunday night so may be the the waste tank should have been emptied more often. Also many urinals with fag butts, paper and other waste in them, this lead to them overflowing when they were used, unfortunately team Sonisphere cannot be held responsible for the actions of the few.

Did not need to use a Tardis but Mrs Yeti said they were always clean and she always managed to find one with loo roll and sanitiser gel. She commented that the queueing times were not as bad as festivals such as the V and not in such a disgusting state. Yes they smell but then they are toilets after all.

The only festival that we have been to that have better facilities is Grasspop Metal Meeting in Belgium which has proper flushing units.

SH4RKEE

Postby SH4RKEE » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 pm

The Yeti wrote:Sorry cannot read through all of the posts, so apologies if these comments have been made before. Did not camp so can only comment on the arena.

Overall very impressed with the 'facilities' on offer. Yes the urinals did get a little messy on Sunday night so may be the the waste tank should have been emptied more often. Also many urinals with fag butts, paper and other waste in them, this lead to them overflowing when they were used, unfortunately team Sonisphere cannot be held responsible for the actions of the few.

Did not need to use a Tardis but Mrs Yeti said they were always clean and she always managed to find one with loo roll and sanitiser gel. She commented that the queueing times were not as bad as festivals such as the V and not in such a disgusting state. Yes they smell but then they are toilets after all.

The only festival that we have been to that have better facilities is Grasspop Metal Meeting in Belgium which has proper flushing units.

the state of the ones left of Apollo stage was horrendous if you wanted to use a urinal :lol: it was like wading through a WW trench, some poor kid got covered when he slipped over in the "mess"
GB Emergency Medical Services Ltd.
Registered Company in England & Wales No. 7334637

Find us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gb_ems
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GBEMS10

iamthealienleader

Postby iamthealienleader » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm

i will admit the toilets were in a better condition than at download (had to hold ya noses for them lol) but nowhere near enough of them on the campsite. i never really found myself queueing in a morning coz it seems when im camping at a festival i never need to go as soon as i got up, and thank god i would not want to have to queue first thing in the morning.........would have been rather embarassing if i couldnt hold it for that long lol :oops:
ImageImageImage

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:39 pm

iamthealienleader wrote:i will admit the toilets were in a better condition than at download (had to hold ya noses for them lol) but nowhere near enough of them on the campsite. i never really found myself queueing in a morning coz it seems when im camping at a festival i never need to go as soon as i got up, and thank god i would not want to have to queue first thing in the morning.........would have been rather embarassing if i couldnt hold it for that long lol :oops:

My problem is that I have a tendency to need to go at least two or three times in a night :/ for this weekend I tried to hold it in as long as possible but there was one morning where I was so desperate and didn't want to face the 6am toilet queues. Had my friend not been in the tent at the time, I was honestly considering trying to aim into a cup :lol:

The moral of that being, MORE TOILETS ON CAMPSITE PLZ.

Alextreme

Postby Alextreme » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Lol I know it's disgusting but I couldn't help laughing at the 3 queues, The Portaloos, The Urinals and the Fence/Back of the portaloos :L

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”