Toilets

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Lyekka

Re: Toilets

Postby Lyekka » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:36 pm

I posted this under arena as well, but I think its a bit wrong really when guys have made the effort to get to the toilet area as can be seen here and then feel compelled to do this because of the size of the queues for even the urinals....
2009: Download, Sonisphere UK, Bloodstock and Reading festivals - +many more!
2010: Download, Sonisphere Poland, Sonisphere UK and Bloodstock festivals - +many many more!
Black Founder Member's Club Member number: 1k943442 - Pimp my FMC!

Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Lyekka wrote:I posted this under arena as well, but I think its a bit wrong really when guys have made the effort to get to the toilet area as can be seen here and then feel compelled to do this because of the size of the queues for even the urinals....

They could just wait untill the ques go down like us girls have too ;)

Theres never enough toilets at festivals and never will be, and guys are allways gunna piss up against walls/fences/trees/etcetc.
When your drunk shake your ass like you know how to dance...
<3Keep your hands to yourself, these lips belong to someone else...<3

Eycreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantul

beLIEveR

Postby beLIEveR » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:44 pm

The arena toilets were awesome. The only major queues were for the ones right by the mainstage, but that goes with the territory. My mate went to those toilets while I walked to the ones past the bar, and I beat him back to our group.

In the campsite they were grim, but I've never been to a festival where they weren't.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

needed more urinals and at the urinals they needed the plastic boards. people were sinking in the piss/rain
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

EvilFairy

Postby EvilFairy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 pm

I must have been lucky as I did not once go into a grotty loo all weekend! The ones in the arena even had loo roll in straight after Metallica! Well done Sonisphere! :P

cuddles1

Postby cuddles1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Jasonisback wrote:needed more urinals and at the urinals they needed the plastic boards. people were sinking in the piss/rain

yeah they defo needed more urinals and boards or something down! saw some poor guy slip over in man piss totally not cool!

amyfrank

Postby amyfrank » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

I used only the VIP toilets (which were nice and clean/tidy/more or less smell free) even though it took me about ten minutes to figure out how to flush. The toilets in the arena smelt so bad which is to be expected but the long ass queues that formed behind them caused a bit of an obstruction, and I guess the waiting time was annoying for the normal-toilet users.

Never seen those open urinals before, I didn't know where to look! :oops:
[LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND]

wibblefran

Postby wibblefran » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Welcome to the world of festival toilets - I've seen far worse at Leeds :?

ChaztheSpaz

Postby ChaztheSpaz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Compared to what I was imagining them to be like I was pleasantly suprised. They seemed to be cleaned regularly enough and occasionally found toilet roll in one which was a shock (though I imagine most take their own). Handwash was usually filled up which was good. Stuck to the ones at the top near Dominoes and longest wait was about 3 mins, though they took 5 mins to get to so learnt not to wait until I was desperate.
One really negative thing though...I remember reading that they couldn't be tipped over, but some knob attempted to and it just got stuck against the urinals. Luckily the poor inhabitant of the toilet got out without any gross effects, just some mental scars about pooping in public loos.

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Toilets in family camping were sound, except for running out of bog roll once or twice - but thats to be expected.

Urinals in the arena on the second day were foul, especially the one to the left of the main stage - it was 6 inches deep in mud created from piss overflowing from the urinals.

Also, weren't enough around the site in general.
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

Stoo1985

Postby Stoo1985 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 pm

martin wrote:The urinals on the left hand side of them stage were blocked and over flowing, leaving an awful 'marsh land' effect.
Could of done with more of these and maybe some straw or stones put down.

this :)

metallica_girl

Postby metallica_girl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:36 pm

The toilets were absolutely minging. You couldn't even walk past them without gagging. Twenty minutes after they'd been cleaned, they were just as bad again. I didn't mind having to provide my own paper, but I did mind every cubicle being full of solid waste. :cry:
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:48 pm

the only ones that i saw that were bad were the ones at the side of the main stage next nearest to the vip entrance ,
they should double the ammount at that location otherwise no complaints ,
the ones in VIP were clean throughout the weekend ...... good job TS not bad for the first one . :bow-yellow:
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

dave_nicholls

Postby dave_nicholls » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Louise wrote:I posted this in misc aswell, but ill repeat here:

Personally I didnt think there were enough toilets in the campsite area.

Its was my first big festival so im not sure if what was available was pretty typical, but queueing for half an hour to use the toilets in the morning for me just wasnt good enough. The general condition wasnt fantastic, but not as bad as I was expecting, so no real complaints on that front, just numbers. I had my own paper, so I had no issues with the fact that there was never any available, but I saw some unfortunate people picking up napkins from the floor before getting in the queue for the loos :o

In the arena I had no problems at all. There were certain areas which never seemed to have a queue, there was always paper and I was fortunate enough not to encounter a rancid toilet there.

We were in the campsite next to the car park (furthest away despite being early bird but that's a different issue) and there were no toilets in our campsite meaning a 5-10 minute walk to another campsite to use theirs. This was obviously a problem for loads of people which in turn led to a lot of queues at those particular lav's. From a blokes point of view it was easy enought to piss against a fence but from my girlfriends point of view, not so easy. She did however report seeing one young lady attempting to squat instead of walk but apparentlly her leg proved to serve as the point of deposit!

spadefx

Postby spadefx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Definitely seen worse toilets at festivals, but having been given fantastic 'toilet service' at Download this year, Sonisphere really was a let down.

Certainly needed to be more portaloos and urinals, however those that were there were reasonably well maintained (ignoring the disgusting state of the urinals next to the main stage on Sunday night).

subculture hero

Postby subculture hero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:34 pm

For the second year in a row (although would rather have done it at Soni than use Reading's rank ones) I managed to not have a crap using festival toilets.

McDonald's Stevenage, I salute you.

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

subculture hero wrote:For the second year in a row (although would rather have done it at Soni than use Reading's rank ones) I managed to not have a crap using festival toilets.

McDonald's Stevenage, I salute you.

I had no such luck :( I had to go several times, thus the toilet-seat-disinfecting routine :lol:

Driftwood

Postby Driftwood » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Toilets were the cleanest I've experienced at a festival :) but it would have been nicer if they also had sinks

skinnyeddy

Postby skinnyeddy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:39 pm

I thought the urinals were hilarious the first time I saw them. The ones in Early entry camping had a black cover down the side of the path which was see-through, kind of pointless. I wasn't too impressed with the ones near mainstage either that looked like the somme.
Other than finding puke and bugs (?!) in some of the ones I went it, they were a lot cleaner than I expected. All good.

Also, if you were in the middle field of Early Entry you'd have noticed that the fence was the urinal most of the time :lol: I feel sorry for the guys who were drunk and crawling along the piss soaked hedge.

HELL63

Postby HELL63 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Emmjay wrote:Toilets in family camping were sound, except for running out of bog roll once or twice - but thats to be expected.

Urinals in the arena on the second day were foul, especially the one to the left of the main stage - it was 6 inches deep in mud created from piss overflowing from the urinals.

Also, weren't enough around the site in general.

totally agree. Generally I didn't come across any 'horror' toilets. Just the stench was bad at times but thats to be expected. More around the site next year please!

Dorian Gray

Postby Dorian Gray » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 am

triaxis wrote:Usual festival standard, maybe could've had more of them - urinals were a good addition though they needed to be emptied more regularly

Also think that the urinals by A2 and A3 could've done with being sat on a metal grill of some sort so that we're not deterred by the swamp that builds up by 'em. Works at other eurofests, so maybe look into it for the next Soni

I was literally about to come into this thread and meantion I was talking to you about that at the festival, but you beat me to it :twisted:
ImageImage

defender

Postby defender » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 am

As said before, the urinals by the main stage were disgusting & should have been screened. we always used the ones by the funfair, 2 lots round there & never had to queue. need more in main arena

Shazz501

Postby Shazz501 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 am

overall i don't think the toilets were too bad,though the disabled toilets at the front of the disabilty platform were not so good.agree there could have been more

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Jimmy. wrote:
triaxis wrote:Usual festival standard, maybe could've had more of them - urinals were a good addition though they needed to be emptied more regularly

Also think that the urinals by A2 and A3 could've done with being sat on a metal grill of some sort so that we're not deterred by the swamp that builds up by 'em. Works at other eurofests, so maybe look into it for the next Soni

I was literally about to come into this thread and meantion I was talking to you about that at the festival, but you beat me to it :twisted:

Ah sorry bud didn't realise you were gonna sign up - glad to hear you got back aright

:)
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

CFH_Liam

Postby CFH_Liam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Cba to read 3 pages so someones probably already said this, but more toilets!

and some form of decking on the urinals so we dont have to stand in a pool of piss whenever we need the bog.
ImageImage

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”