Arena

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
irishnenglish

Re: Arena

Postby irishnenglish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:43 am

I thought it worked perfectly
I have returned

Doishy

Postby Doishy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Korikon wrote:
Doishy wrote:Can people do me a favour and list as many songs with artists that they remember being playe dthere as i cannae remember at all and am trying to make a playlist, thanks :D
:mrgreen:

Metallica Setlist

1.Blackened
2.Creeping Death
3.Fuel
4.Of Wolf And Man
5.Fade To Black
6.Broken, Beat And Scarred
7.Cyanide
8.Sad But True
9.One
10.All Nightmare Long
11.The Day That Never Comes
12.Master Of Puppets
13.Dyers Eve
14.Nothing Else Matters
15.Enter Sandman
16.Stone Cold Crazy
17.Hit The Lights
18.Seek & Destroy

Mastodon Setlist

1.Oblivion
2.Megalodon
3.Blood and Thunder
4.The Czar
5.Crack The Skye
6.Iron Tusk
7.March of the Fire Ants

(I'll add to this post eventually as more setlists go up online. Alternatively, maybe we should make a new thread for this?)

Was more thinking the songs played at the monster rave nights type things but thanks for those anyway, my friend has been wanting them :D and yeah new forum sounds good for any 'what songs?' questions

Mickeh

Postby Mickeh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 pm

There could have been more toilets in the arena when you consider the short time between bands.

Also, some boards with stage times of bands around the site would be good so you don't have to buy a programme.

gemma_mc

Postby gemma_mc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Great no problems with the site but needed more toilets! stages were great in my opinion cant really do anything about the hill really.

Danger Man

Postby Danger Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 am

The main problem with the arena was poor distribution of space. It was very squashed between the two stages but there seemed to be bags of room around the Monster camp and Jager stage area. Obvioulsy I don't know about the logistics but it seemed to me that this could be spread out a little better.

The Yeti

Postby The Yeti » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm

As this was the first year there were bound to be a few problems but overall i think Team Sonisphere did a good job.

It was a little cramped around the main stages but designing a layout is a complex matter, one factor is the level of sound that escapes into local residential areas. Complex sound modelling takes place but on the day if the atmospherics lead to a high level of complaints to the local councils 24 hour pollution helpline, the local environmental health officers can force the organisers to turn the PA system down. If this is not complied with then a large fine is enforced and no licence for next year. Cannot say whether this was the reason for placing the stages where they where but just a thought.

Thought generally the quality of the sound was very good. There where occasions where it was not so good but as i said above many factors can affect sound levels, such as atmospheric pressure and the direction of the wind. Have been to many festivals over the last 30 years and thought the sound quality at Download and Sonisphere this year was to the highest standards i have heard in the UK. Sometimes festivals such as Waken and Graspop have better sound but they are not subject to the same regulations that are enforced in the UK

Missed the tail end of Linkin Park as Mrs Yeti and myself are fully paid up members of the BOF club we had to make sure we saw Thunders last gig. May be the Tent could have better ventilation in it, we saw many people suffering due to the heat. Opening the sides is not really an option late at night as it may be then classed as an outdoor stage and not an arena for licencing purposes and then would have to close down at 23:00.

The overall organisation worked well, placing stages side by side can lead to other problems, i remember this from the old Redding festivals, about the only festival that i have seen them working well is Waken and they have over 20 years experience on basically the same site.

In general well done to all and here's looking forward to 2010, :music-rockon:
Wonder when the first Slipknot rummer will start ! :hand:

Driftwood

Postby Driftwood » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:59 pm

"God is dead" Nietzsche.
"Nietzsche is dead" God.

I like this signature michael :music-rockon:

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”