Bohemia Area

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Bohemia Area

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:47 am

:?:

BossMan

Re: Bohemia Area

Postby BossMan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:49 am

Watched Coheed & Cambria and Corey but too Hot! Need a tent that can let the heat out. When the tent is max'd out (& assuming its not raining) it would be good if you could roll the sides of the tent up so that the people behind the barriers can watch and listen. Also don't locate too close to other attractions that are playing music Air Guitar / Funfair. Otherwise created a great atmosphere.
Last edited by BossMan on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D_C

Postby D_C » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 am

+1 for the heat issue. The only other annoying thing was the hill, but notihng you can really do about that.

Zeeeeeeebra

Postby Zeeeeeeebra » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:13 pm

more fairground rides plz.

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 pm

What was annoying about the hill? I loved the fact you could see right down to the second stage and sit up there with a picnic blanket.

The stages seemed a bit too small, well the Saturn stage was at a strange angle and so close to the main roadway bit that it seemed overpacked for some bands. Also when Corey played and everyone thought it would be slipknot the bohemia tent was effing nuts.

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:06 pm

It was frustrating that no one was allowed in for Thunder after the first 10 minutes, even though streams of people were leaving no one was allowed in, so by the end there was a great deal of room.

Davy

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 pm

+ Seeing my friend get sat on by James from Rolo Tomassi :P

- Too hot.

cuddles1

Postby cuddles1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:31 pm

It was great having the comedy and stuff on! However was a bit pissed i couldn't get in to see corey! As said before the sides of the tent should be rolled up for at least the big acts so we can all see and hear! Also being on a slope was very hard on the old ankles!

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Bohemia stage was way too hot, plus idiots smoking in a tight space even though there were clearly no smoking signs.

Instead of having rock disco - Karaoke - Comedy - Rock Disco

It would be better to just have 2 hours Karaoke, lots of people wanted to do it, but they ran out of time, then 2 hours Comedy and then Rock Disco till the early hours
FMC Code - 1k949287

PaganWolf

Postby PaganWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Personally I think the people in the Bohemia tent should have been counted properly. I think it was too full, and if something had happened it would have been catastrophic.
Please use my FMC code. 1k910316
Lucky enough to be 1 of 83. Join us this year!
www.severedfifth.com

HellsWench

Postby HellsWench » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:20 pm

As one of those peeps with bad habbits (smoking) I really liked the chill out area near the bohemia tent with the little white picket fence, big squishy bean bags and seating, and no over the top pricing for ciggies or baccy (although limited choice) which was fine. Same again next year please!

Please use my FMC code when booking your tix 1k989117

Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Was very well situated, only complaint was there was nothing on during Metallica as I originally had planned not to watch them (soooo glad I did after) but not the point there would have been a few people who would have liked an alternitive
When your drunk shake your ass like you know how to dance...
<3Keep your hands to yourself, these lips belong to someone else...<3

Eycreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantul

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Only watched a few bands in there, a tad small? shite ventilation.
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

EvilFairy

Postby EvilFairy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Soooo disappointed that I wasn't allowed into the tent for Coheed - had wanted to see Heaven and Hell as well. When finally got in for the last song it was soooooo hot!

loulouk

Postby loulouk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Second the smokers white picket fence area. Bliss. Jager Truck had some really awesome bands on it, Corey Taylor was a disaster waiting to happen and there was no security in sight on the entrance we were sat outside of until someone in an orange jacket with a walkie talkie yelled for back up. Cue much bitching, and the only aggro I saw all weekend.
Overall, loved it. It was chilled, mellow, had real coffee in real mugs and tonnes of people watching. We spent a lot of time there :D

beLIEveR

Postby beLIEveR » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 pm

I really struggled with the heat as well. Wanted to watch Thunder but just couldn't bring myself to stay inside that tent for a long period. Otherwise I think it was in the perfect place and while I was only in there very briefly the sound was great.

Stoo1985

Postby Stoo1985 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Big tent next year please :)

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Very warm inside when busy, but was a fantastic atmosphere.

I thought Thunder in the tent was a touch of genius, the atmosphere was magnificent with people singing along.

Perhaps could do with being a touch bigger, and maybe have a bar inside in one corner or along the back or something.
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

xx__J3SSi

Postby xx__J3SSi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Sound was brilliant, loved the Karaoke (you may have heard me, I was the girl who did Sweet Child O Mine on both Thursday and Friday, although friday I was joined by another awesome girl whose name I cannot remember unfortunately :/ but yeah...) and the comedy, saw Zebrahead and a few other bands in there. I agree that it was mega hot!! But the sound was good.

Smokers white fence area = awesome, Jager Truck = awesome, Monster Army Camp = VERY awesome. Love the Chai Chapel and Smokey Tentacles tents too!

pete.g

Postby pete.g » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 am

The tent needs to be bigger if there is going to be big acts in there. Lots of people couldn't get in for Thunder, Coheed and Corey Taylor. I had to miss most of H&H to make sure I saw Coheed, given the rain at that point it was a fairly easy choice though. Also left LP/Dead BY Sunrise early to make sure I saw Thunder. The only bit of aggro I saw all weekend was people frustrated that they couldn't get in to see Coheed.

Agree with earlier comments about roll up sides, although for that to work the Jager truck would need to be further away.

I liked how the Bohemia village was right in where the music was, normally when you need to go eat you miss the bands.

Another big plus was reasonably priced tea and coffe in proper mugs with a nice seating area. Nice for the 40+ brigade
Cheers Pete

pagan_writes

Postby pagan_writes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 am

Emmjay wrote:Very warm inside when busy, but was a fantastic atmosphere.

I thought Thunder in the tent was a touch of genius, the atmosphere was magnificent with people singing along.

Perhaps could do with being a touch bigger, and maybe have a bar inside in one corner or along the back or something.

This!

Loved being able to chill out with a cup of tea at the Chai Chapel or Tea and Toast and still be able to hear some of the bands though.

AllFallD0wn

Postby AllFallD0wn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 am

The bohemia tent itself needs improvement.

It needs to be bigger and have better ventilation. maybe a possible roll up sides type thing?

Also, I think there needs to be some kind of policing on the 'no smoking' rule. I did see a few people smoking, and if I saw someone smoking I asked them to put it out, but what the hell is a random guy coming up to someone and asking them gonna do? Frakk all!
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D

Shazz501

Postby Shazz501 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:00 am

the bohemia tent wasn't really big enough,should have been able to roll the sides up so that people that couldn't get inside could still see something

dookie1

Postby dookie1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 am

Bohemia area was well needed,it was good to have quallity entertainment after the bands and to go on so late too.Luved the Monster rock dj's and Fuel Girls made a great weekend even better! Like i said about camping,spacey yet compact.Amazing! :D

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:10 am

As a lot of people have said, it would have been better if the tent had been bigger. Especially for the acts who were on after the main stage had finished, (Thunder, Hundred Reasons etc) as it got far too busy, with people being turned away (luckily I got there before it got too busy!)

Needs some sort of air-conditioning or something. Was like a bloody greenhouse in there!

Rest of Bohemia Village was good, though. Some nice little ideas with the sit down bars and cafes.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”