Food and Drink

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
pyrateprincess

Re: Food and Drink

Postby pyrateprincess » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm

HearMeNow wrote:Hexi-stoves and BBQs are $hit full stop, just brewing a cup of tea takes an eternity, there has to be a way to let sensible people use gas stoves for a brew and fvck the idiots off.

ours worked great took 5mins to boil enough water for two travel mugs of tea and then took 5 mins to fry some bacon!

wished id have tried the chicken wraps now tho

altho big props to the crumpet van!!!!!amazing crumpets with lemon curd!!!

Driftwood

Postby Driftwood » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah could have done with more veggie/healthy stalls, I only saw a couple & they didn't have much variety e.g falafel or veggie burger of which I don't like either really (unless its a decent veggie burger but they're rare)

jadeylemonadey

Postby jadeylemonadey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:11 pm

the guy i camped with bought a disposable bbq and then some bacon, he left the instructions on top of the grill and set fire to that thinking itd light quicker.
well, it did, but our bacon had essence of ink

xHarlotx

Postby xHarlotx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am

Yummy yummy inky bacon =)
sounds good

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 am

In the campsite nearest to us (we were in campervan field) there was a designated 'Cooking Area' right underneath the look-out-post warden. I'm pretty sure they were letting people cook with whatever they wanted there?

This facility could be developed and monitored to allow people to cook with gas?

I can't see how you can cook properly without gas or an open fire? You can use a storm kettle but they're only really designed for one person.

maschera

Postby maschera » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:58 am

Normal festy price..but food wasn't exactly varied.
Could do with a bit of sushi! Honestly..it's not hard or particularly difficult to make :o.

Gaymers cider tastes awful!
I like to have a martini - two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table.
After four I'm under my host

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:34 am

^^Haha, festival sushi - you must have an iron stomach Jen.

-Better beer sponsor, or encourage the Carlsberg Group to include some of the other beers they own, like Kronenbourg - or even Carlsberg Export. Cider drinkers got a 4.5% cider, whereas lager drinkers had to settle for 3.8% pisswater.

-Food was, on the whole, not bad. Uninspired, but good festival grub. APART from the first burger van you encountered entering the arena from the Police station entrance. That one gave me bad stomach...

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”