Merchandise

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Trait

Re: Merchandise

Postby Trait » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Harby wrote:Was hoping for some Bohemia t-shirts too tbh. But hey, at least the Grindstore had a decent load of cheap t-shirts!

There was a few bohemia shirts on sale on the stall outside the bohemia tent. Definatly had Pepper, Sylosis and Wildhearts.

I thought the merch was good, very happy with my mastodon shirt. I know that my mate wasn't happy with the coheed shirts though (limited range, not many sizes left)

I saw a few people with the FMC shirt and thought that it looked very cool. Would have liked to maybe see some sonisphere t-shirts more like this (obviously not the same, just something more exciting like them). I thought the hand holding the logo, whilst on fire was a bit cheesy. I also agree with the matter of having more T-shirts with the UK line up, as opposed to all the sonispheres.

pingpongp

Postby pingpongp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:17 pm

fatperson wrote:Nothing to dio with the official soni and band merch (which I thought was severely lacking) but the market stalls.

Can I ask if a word cannot be used on this forum why is it acceptable for a stand to sell t-shirts with nothing but the word C**t in 6 inch high letters? The stall holders seemed to think they were being clever, I disagree. And I saw the police having words with them too.

Whether it was deliberate or not Sonisphere was a spectacular success as a FAMILY FRIENDLY event, the organisers need to be more aware about what the stall holders will be selling.

Agree. I was there with my nipper (18) so no problem. I was going to take my nephew next year (8). Things like this will make me think twice. The language from ppl like Limp Bizkit is bad enough.
If anyone feels like helping me and my boy out, our FMC codes are 1K910326 AND 1K910518. Ta so much.

Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:19 pm

There was a good selection of tee's available, I think its a good thing that they sold out, the staff seemed friendly(went to a few before finding out where the fmc tees were) shame for anyone who didnt manage to catch one but atleast they'll know to stock up a few more for next year :)
When your drunk shake your ass like you know how to dance...
<3Keep your hands to yourself, these lips belong to someone else...<3

Eycreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantul

Drumstick

Postby Drumstick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:30 pm

So what do we reckon, for 2010:

MAYBE LESS MERCH STALLS WITH MORE MERCH AT EACH BECAUSE IT SEEMS THERE IS GOOD FEEDBACK ON THE AMOUNT OF STALLS BUT NOT AMOUNT OF MERCH, IT STARTED GETTING RARE ACROSS THE SITE, WHICH ISN'T GOOD OF COURSE. LESS STANDS = MORE MERCH ON THE STANDS THAT REMAIN

???

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Missy wrote:There was a good selection of tee's available, I think its a good thing that they sold out, the staff seemed friendly(went to a few before finding out where the fmc tees were) shame for anyone who didnt manage to catch one but atleast they'll know to stock up a few more for next year :)

Its good they sold out, its not good they sold out within hours of the first day of the festival - they could have made a hell of a lot more of money had they been more organised, and even more if most people didn't think the official festival merch looked like arse

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:49 pm

could of done with better opening/closing times

and less hastle from the USB people
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

skinnyeddy

Postby skinnyeddy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

The merch was alright but I didn't notice any shirts for smaller bands at the Stands other than Dead by April and The Wildhearts at the bohemia one. I wish i'd seen the Sylosis one, they were amazing! I thought £20 was a bit much and they did look a bit crappy. The knock-off ones people were wearing that basically had the latest poster (the one with 'Special guests' below Limp Bizkit)pasted on the back looked better.

ChrisF

Postby ChrisF » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Only problem I had is couldn't find any merch stalls tat had FMC tshirts left so now I'm stuck without an FMC t-shirt unless TS can send me one? I still have the voucher which i'll even photograph.

Other than that seemed alright.
Please use FMC Code: 1k910321 when ordering tickets =)

EvilFairy

Postby EvilFairy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Ended up not buying shirts as hubby needed XXXL and I wanted vest top but it didn't have the year, dates or bands on it :(

amyfrank

Postby amyfrank » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Didn't recon much to the Sonisphere tshirt I was given at the VIP check in thing, will probably just wear it for bed.
White Limp Bizkit tee = :D
[LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND]

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Agreed to the above posts about the awful c**t t shirts.
And less hastle from the USB people - I'd already decided to buy one afterwards so don't care.
More t shirts were needed - I was a bit gutted that there was only a large one that I wanted left but it'll do :)

BugJemm

Postby BugJemm » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:08 pm

urbansickness wrote:the official merchandise sellers in the arena were nice and friendly and apologetic when stuff sold out really quick, the mechanidise stand in the campsite were moody, rude and arrogant.

Couldn't agree more - I stood at the campsite stands for 5 minutes waving my cash before one of the chatting vendors noticed me ... and then the vest top I wanted was sold out :( And the girly t-shirts didn't come in a wide enough range of larger sizes

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Ran out far far far too fast, I wanted the Metallica kicks British ass shirt in XL (being 6ft7 I need the length) and they had it nowhere. The helpful lady said "We have it in small though".

Wonderful, that will fit my arm.....
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

drone

Postby drone » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Refuse to pay £20 for a shirt simple as

lollie

Postby lollie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

can anyone possibly find a pic of the middle machine head tshirt ? they were in the same order in all the stands i think. seriously i cant find it on google for gooseberry and ive browsed a gooseberry load of websites. it was er.. black(orly) with a white/grey(cant remember, probably white) all over-print on it. was awesome, or maybe im just imagaining things :S

metallica_girl

Postby metallica_girl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Could've done with more Anthrax tshirts - took me ages to track one down. Apart from that, excellent range and price. The seller nearest the Posh Wash was a bit of an arse on the Sunday morning though -"I'll be open at 9.30", "at 9.45", at "10" etc on and on till I gave up and went to a vendor in the arena. Too busy sat behind the fence shovelling his cornflakes.
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

Stoo1985

Postby Stoo1985 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:55 pm

I bought the USB Wristband, but they told me that 6 songs from Saturday were already on the site for download, why can I only see 3 songs from oldfests on the Wristband, where is the website??

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 pm

the variety for the two healiners was good ( i was spoilt for choice ) however the further down the line up you went the less choice you had and some of the bands had no tee's at all !!!

i think i counted at least 10 different metallica tee's available .

however with it being the first and not knowing what people would have available to spend its would be more than guess work , i know where i would rather be as the organiser , sell out 10,000 t's and lose out on say 2,000 sales than order 15,000 and be left with 3,000 i couldn't sell .

i am sure it will be better next year although i don't suppose they will be any cheaper !!!!!
i ended up getting 5 tee's for the weekend and could have bought at least another two
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

dave_nicholls

Postby dave_nicholls » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm

As I said elsewhere, the staff on some of the stalls were more interested in what they could find hiding in their asses than serving the people waiting to pay.

As a clue as well, walking up to a customer and saying "I'm going to serve her first because she's got tatty bojangles and you don't" is not a way to get people to spend money.

sozsozsoz

Postby sozsozsoz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:23 pm

billytheweed wrote:however with it being the first and not knowing what people would have available to spend its would be more than guess work , i know where i would rather be as the organiser , sell out 10,000 t's and lose out on say 2,000 sales than order 15,000 and be left with 3,000 i couldn't sell .

In all fairness i'm sure the people who set up Sonisphere had plenty of festival exprience working with other companies!

spadefx

Postby spadefx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 pm

Honestly don't know why people are complaining about band-specific merchandise, when that will have nothing to do with Sonisphere at all. You don't like <your favourite band>'s tour t-shirt collection, I'd suggest taking it up with the band. Likewise it will be <your favourite band>'s decision as to how many t-shirts they give Sonisphere to sell.

Can't say any of the sonisphere t-shirts looked that great to me, in the unlikely chance that they produce t-shirts for online purchase with the correct full lineup I'll consider purchasing.

And £40 for a hoody with just the festival logo, good one!!
Last edited by spadefx on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skiba

Postby Skiba » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:25 pm

sozsozsoz wrote:I only ever buy the posters at these events, and i'm quite dissapointed with it. It says tickets on sale, has all the contact numbers for tickets, and the line up before Limp Bizkit where added. I'm sure had I of hung around some Metallica shows I could of stolen one at some point.

Still, it's a nice size, little bigger than the Download one, and the DL09 one did cost me a tenner, so at half the price meant I had enough for a couple cans of monster as well!

I found two on the floor after most people had left this morning :) One is on my wall now, I'm really happy I have one.
I really like the FMC t-shirt, I'm wearing one at the moment! I like the way it's exclusive, even though by the sounds of it there weren't many normal Sonisphere t-shirts.
Mousetallica, Metallimouse, James Het-fieldmouse, Mouse Hetfield.
Upcoming Gigs: Zebrahead, Chuck Ragan, The Lawrence Arms, Madina Lake, Alk3, RATM, Download, Green Day, Soni, Reading, Electric 6

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:36 pm

billytheweed wrote:the variety for the two healiners was good ( i was spoilt for choice ) however the further down the line up you went the less choice you had and some of the bands had no tee's at all !!!

however with it being the first and not knowing what people would have available to spend its would be more than guess work , i know where i would rather be as the organiser , sell out 10,000 t's and lose out on say 2,000 sales than order 15,000 and be left with 3,000 i couldn't sell .

i am sure it will be better next year although i don't suppose they will be any cheaper !!!!!
i ended up getting 5 tee's for the weekend and could have bought at least another two

Why? they would make more money from the extra 2000 sales than the cost of the 3,000 unsold shirts, and they wouldn't be left with any unhappy punters either.

sozsozsoz

Postby sozsozsoz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Jon wrote:
billytheweed wrote:the variety for the two healiners was good ( i was spoilt for choice ) however the further down the line up you went the less choice you had and some of the bands had no tee's at all !!!

Why? they would make more money from the extra 2000 sales than the cost of the 3,000 unsold shirts, and they wouldn't be left with any unhappy punters either.

And plus, people tend to have a limit on what they can spend AT the festival, I bet plenty of people like myself didn't take a band card yet got paid on the friday (last working day of the month) or today (first working day of the month), so that just means you can sell the extra ones online.

HELL63

Postby HELL63 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:33 am

Jon wrote:Also, only one of the shirts available had the full Knebworth lineup on the back (minus Machine Head) the others had a tiny little section with a 2-month-out-of-date England section featuring Fear Factory, Thin Lizzy and The Sword. Not surprisingly the shirt with the UK lineup was sold out everywhere by Saturday afternoon, and I eventually managed to get one from a merch stall on Sunday afternoon - you must have missed out on a huge amount of cash considering the amount of people who walked away with nothing after being told the only half-decent shirt wasn't on sale.

well pissed at that. I managed to get one for my kid on Sunday, but it was large. Mind you he's growing fast and it'll last him years! but i ended up with one of the others just coz i wanted a tee. And they said they had a massive stock, but they were waiting to get them for Sunday - load of crap as one stall was only given 60 as thats all they could spare.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”